DEFIANCE game and TV show - sink or swim?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i think it all comes down to syfy will do just about anything--more like say anything--to re-legit itself as a source of sci fi entertainment.

but i also think it is too late for them.

So do I. They screwed the pooch years ago when they changed their name and their focus. Now they want back in but the audience they betrayed is never going to trust them again.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I just want to be clear, I'm not out to intentionally hate on this show, but I just can't stand when it's obvious that I'm being lied to in regards to its success. It's insulting to my intelligence.

In short, don't piss on my face and tell me it's raining cuz I'm not that stupid. :daniel01:

I just don't know how you get to "you are being lied to"
Ratings for the TV are posted with neither fear nor favour, They say they have 1 mill registered players (not sales), which we have no way to prove or disprove.
You're smart enough to see through the spin, so what's the prob?

Honestly, the way it's set up, I would not expect the game to come crashing out of the gate. If the show and what goes on in the show is going to directly impact the storylines and availability of stuff "in game", then it's gonna take at least a half season to build missions and shit to play "in game". The Show airs Monday, the "traditional" day for patching/updates is Tuesday for MMO's. Trion may have the entire first season of content just sitting around waiting to upload weekly but because of the nature of the game/show they can't just spew it out in one hit.

Having said that, will this content make the game "better" or "worth playing"? One of the complaints I have heard alot on other forums and reports is that the graphics are pretty crappy, and no amount of "extra content" is gonna fix that problem.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I prefer a jigsaw, thank you. :) Syfy is not the only party in town ya know.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just don't know how you get to "you are being lied to"
Ratings for the TV are posted with neither fear nor favour, They say they have 1 mill registered players (not sales), which we have no way to prove or disprove.
You're smart enough to see through the spin, so what's the prob?

I said don't piss on my face and tell me it's raining! :daniel01::tyrannosaurus::whip::ronan_wraith:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't care who produces it :P
Piss is piss, no matter the "station"..........

Then why do you folks refer to getting drunk as getting "pissed"? :daniel_new004:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Then why do you folks refer to getting drunk as getting "pissed"? :daniel_new004:

Dunno, why do some call it "shattered" or "hammered" or "wasted", or "off their tits"?

The English languages is a mysterious thing Ape :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Dunno, why do some call it "shattered" or "hammered" or "wasted", or "off their tits"?

The English languages is a mysterious thing Ape :P

And thus you prove my hypothesis correct that we're being lied to about the DEFIANCE numbers.

You know dude, it would really be much easier if you just admitted that I'm right from the get-go. :stung:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
And thus you prove my hypothesis correct that we're being lied to about the DEFIANCE numbers.

You know dude, it would really be much easier if you just admitted that I'm right from the get-go. :stung:

What would be easier is not bothering, but hey, where is the fun in that? :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What would be easier is not bothering, but hey, where is the fun in that? :lol:

If I had a dime for every time I muttered that while digging a shallow grave... :winking0052:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm surprised you get your hands dirty :lol:

Mama always said: If you want something done right, be it tunneling out of prison or making a meatloaf, do it yourself.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am very well aware of that, what I don't get is the "it's syfy so I'm not watching it" bullshit.

That's not it at all. Its more like "its on Syfy so dont expect much". And there is far more reason for that assumption than expecting good science fiction like the SciFi Channel used to have, is there not? Im watching this show because we are critiquing it. It is not that good. Do I think that because it's on Syfy? No, I think that because it is true.