Random Banter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so remember how some of us outside of Australia had a hard time believing that the new internet/wireless/cell security law was as bad or draconian as a certain someone here was making it out to be?

well, here is evidence that it is indeed that draconian-- Australia following in china's footsteps

It isn't clear what happened here. What was in the Facebook post, what EXACTLY happened? The video does not make it clear.

EDIT:

I had to go to an article to get the details:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54007824

So, Australia has a law against organizing protests against the lockdowns there, and this woman was organizing one on Facebook. She broke the law, she got arrested. Consequences.

Having beliefs and principles is one thing, but being an activist is another. Once you put your beliefs and principles in motion in the real world, then whatever reactions can happen will come into play.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
There shouldn't be a law against organizing protests.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There shouldn't be a law against organizing protests.

I completely agree 100%. But since there is one, it has to be obeyed until the people can get it nullified.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It isn't clear what happened here. What was in the Facebook post, what EXACTLY happened? The video does not make it clear.

EDIT:

I had to go to an article to get the details:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54007824

So, Australia has a law against organizing protests against the lockdowns there, and this woman was organizing one on Facebook. She broke the law, she got arrested. Consequences.

Having beliefs and principles is one thing, but being an activist is another. Once you put your beliefs and principles in motion in the real world, then whatever reactions can happen will come into play.

this isn't just about covid.. this is the first time it has been used on such a scale---WITHOUT those new national online security laws they passed a few years back, they would not of been able to do this

they can now monitor all activity on social media without cause and without warrant.. VPN use will also apparently get you visited by the police

they can remotely turn on your cell phone's camera and mic without your knowledge. simply owning a cell in australia gives the police the consent they need to do this. turning off your location on your cell can also-seemingly- get you in trouble

australia was once a gem of western culture and statehood.. now it is becoming a asian styled authoritarian govt

they are also considering china's social credit score system as a model for one of their own systems

its sad really

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They should organize a protest against that law.
they cant,,even without covid issues, the govt can easily call that "terrorism". under their new laws, the police have broad authority to define what they see or hear on cell calls or on the net as terror or supporting terror or disrupting the public peace

the anti encryption laws are one part of this. i have been looking for the names of the other laws. i know there were at least 2

these are the laws, incidentally, that a certain someone based their ravings on

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so for anyone who DOES want to talk politics--current, international, whatever, i started a FBgroup that is made for all opinions and political perspectives

got sick of name calling and blocking to "win" a argument or to just end a discussion that they are not mentally equipped to handle.... so,no name calling or 'cancel culture'. if anyone "comment bombs" they got to back it up with linked evidence or further discussion or the post gets yanked

i have members from around my area, from all around the country as well as korea and europe

https://www.facebook.com/groups/742181803195434

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
all those designs so many ppl today dont get why things were made the way they are.. beside making screwdrivers easier to handle, newer ones-vs the wooden handled- were designed for this

90783058_10157151693558366_3847912783043624960_n.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
all those designs so many ppl today dont get why things were made the way they are.. beside making screwdrivers easier to handle, newer ones-vs the wooden handled- were designed for this

90783058_10157151693558366_3847912783043624960_n.jpg
Or there's a hole in the handle which you can put another screwdriver through for leverage.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

--sigh---

ok,, tell me when its on :)

------------------------------------------------------
in that article... its disheartening to see a forum, though quite vast and with many adjuncts to it, but SUCKS in its user friendliness and being old as hell in format (antiquated vbulletin) , to be cited by SYFY wire :

As flagged by Gateworld, fellow producer Joseph Mallozzi has teased on Twitter and Reddit

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ho hum...not even going to look for the thread

toast it, roast it get a fork and done

looking forward to the episode where the guys in white body armor show up and shut them down (i hope) and force them back into civility

((except for ftwd, the "Rick" movies, and that show there going to have an amazon prime))

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ho hum...not even going to look for the thread

toast it, roast it get a fork and done

looking forward to the episode where the guys in white body armor show up and shut them down (i hope) and force them back into civility

((except for ftwd, the "Rick" movies, and that show there going to have an amazon prime))

strangely enough though, i do have some expectations-a glimmer of hope-- that the new TWD show on amazon- the world beyond -may be interesting

why? well, in the trailer at least, it looks as if it MAY be made a bit differently.. showing the crisis from a diff perspective and among a organized large group of ppl..a government,a functioning society

starts oct 4th on amazon

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Has anyone else heard about the referendum to repeal California's anti-affirmative action laws for college admittance?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was about time they ended The Walking Dead - it was WAY past its sell by date. Kirkman wrapped up the comic over a year ago as even he realized the story was just meandering.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
strangely enough though, i do have some expectations-a glimmer of hope-- that the new TWD show on amazon- the world beyond -may be interesting

why? well, in the trailer at least, it looks as if it MAY be made a bit differently.. showing the crisis from a diff perspective and among a organized large group of ppl..a government,a functioning society

starts oct 4th on amazon

Any time a show or movie takes place in a scenario where there is a high school or a college involved, it is going to be simpleminded and aimed at youngsters and young adults. I won't say I know anything about this show, but that trailer screams Teen High School Drama to me. Hopefully it won't be, but damn they have milked that Walking Dead cow!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Has anyone else heard about the referendum to repeal California's anti-affirmative action laws for college admittance?

now see, if you came and joined my political discussion group on FB you could get that answer :)