Random Banter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
THANKS! I just bought Fallout 4 using this link you gave. You saved me about $30.00. :smiley_joy: The game was going for $59.00 just two weeks ago. I already owned the other ones in that bundle that I would buy.

um, before you get too deep into the virtual world, have you seen this cautionary tale? :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I wanna create a thread about Subnautica, but I'm still far too busy playing it. :P Expect a considerably sizable post once I'm finally done though. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wanna create a thread about Subnautica, but I'm still far too busy playing it. :P Expect a considerably sizable post once I'm finally done though. :)

I just got into it myself in VR, and it's such an awesome game! You can get caught up and spend hours in that game without realizing it. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just got into it myself in VR, and it's such an awesome game! You can get caught up and spend hours in that game without realizing it. :)
Indeed. I've been going to bed far too late every day.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just managed to build my first Cyclops two days ago, but my first voyage with it was a failure. Yesterday I tried again and succeeded in my mission. My next step is to expand the second base I started at just below 800 meters below sea level.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just managed to build my first Cyclops two days ago, but my first voyage with it was a failure. Yesterday I tried again and succeeded in my mission. My next step is to expand the second base I started at just below 800 meters below sea level.

dude...english is the official language of gatefans. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Indeed. I've been going to bed far too late every day.

and slacking on the trivia as a result
-----------------------------------------------------------------
random thought - it would be interesting to see what 'lights up' the brain more on a MRI; playing trivia or video games

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
and slacking on the trivia as a result
-----------------------------------------------------------------
random thought - it would be interesting to see what 'lights up' the brain more on a MRI; playing trivia or video games
How are you gonna play a video game during an MRI scan?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
any idea what graphite/carbon logs are used for? i have been seeing them around here on trucks since i was a little kid and have never got a straight answer

several places around here still produce them for whoever uses them. used to be all the factories around here made carbon and graphite until they switched to powdered metal

they are about a foot in diameter and about 10 - 12 ft long with some type of rounded cap at one end and a flat cap at the other. and, of course, they are the same black/dark grey color as the graphite in a pencil

i've gotten answers on their use ranging from making steel, to used in electric substation, to used in nuke plants

cant seem to find the right search term to find anything on google either

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think it might have something to do with power generation somehow. Does that help? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
any idea what graphite/carbon logs are used for? i have been seeing them around here on trucks since i was a little kid and have never got a straight answer

several places around here still produce them for whoever uses them. used to be all the factories around here made carbon and graphite until they switched to powdered metal

they are about a foot in diameter and about 10 - 12 ft long with some type of rounded cap at one end and a flat cap at the other. and, of course, they are the same black/dark grey color as the graphite in a pencil

i've gotten answers on their use ranging from making steel, to used in electric substation, to used in nuke plants

cant seem to find the right search term to find anything on google either
It sounds like you are describing graphite moderator rods. They are used along with control rods in a nuclear reactor.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so @Overmind One , yet more FB pics you can see!!! :smiley_joy:

i am guessing that the reasons you said before only applies(maybe) to videos and not stills?

didn't you also say before that we could only be able to post websites that were https and no http?

that is also not hard and fast. i have gotten a few http links posted

there is a ghost in the machine :hide;