Random Banter

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
STILL waiting for the remodel to be done! Nearly 3 months and it will be done by memorial day I hope. FYI getting carpal tunnel
surgery that weekend.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The family with 6 fingers on each hand. And all of them work! This genetic mutation is actually dominant, even though it isn't common.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
VERY entertaining (scripted) fight!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This is video of that test. I dunno...those fans need more shielding. What if it landed vertically and somebody was standing below one of those fan ducts? Or a child, or even an inanimate object like a tree or flagpole? Also, the vehicle itself seems more like an aircraft than a taxi. It seems like it will not be able to land on a normal street. Perhaps there will be "taxipads" for them? I still like the concept a whole lot!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
STILL waiting for the remodel to be done! Nearly 3 months and it will be done by memorial day I hope. FYI getting carpal tunnel
surgery that weekend.

I have had that surgery...well worth it!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
See You Yesterday

Nooooooo! What a bad movie. Don't waste your time on it. Two out of five at best.

The Wandering Earth

Yaaaaassss! Give it a go. Not disappointing.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
See You Yesterday

Nooooooo! What a bad movie. Don't waste your time on it. Two out of five at best.

The Wandering Earth

Yaaaaassss! Give it a go. Not disappointing.

That was surprisingly good. :) I at first thought it was going to be extremely cheesy when I heard the opening narrations which laid out the premise of the story. But then I was still engaged by the characters and the story and especially the effects. It was a great ONE OFF movie. I would not want to see a sequel, but it is a classic in the same way kaigu films are.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For @Overmind One. And possibly other vapers.

Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin: What you should know about vaping and e-cigarettes
https://go.ted.com/CNPH

She says a lot of interesting, accurate things about e-cigs/vaping, but healthwise I am still doing much much better with them than I was with cigarettes. So, yeah, I still have a monkey on my back but it is a much smaller monkey!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
She says a lot of interesting, accurate things about e-cigs/vaping, but healthwise I am still doing much much better with them than I was with cigarettes. So, yeah, I still have a monkey on my back but it is a much smaller monkey!
It is also true though that the long term effects of vaping are unknown and not enough research has been done in regard to the effect of vaping on health. My bet is that things will come to light in the future that will scare people.