Random Banter

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You have me confused now. Before, you had said you were in a bad family, now you said you have a good family.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Awesome technology! It will trickle down into electric vehicles and mobile computers eventually. :) I have become a real fan of electric vehicles lately. The Chevy Volt is an awesome car! The acceleration in them is amazing. Push you back in your seat fast. And whisper silent. There is no reason NOT to buy one other than the cost, which is rapidly coming down. The appeal for me has nothing much to do with "saving the planet" as it does the technology and the fewer mechanical parts.

is the trend for all of these cars to have the ability to be charged at home? or will owners have to go and pay for a charge up?

and for away from home travel-someone needs to start putting up a whole hell of a lot more charging stations then what exist now/faster then the pace they are being built now

i still want to see that 'trickle charge' thing with a solar panel car roof, slowly add power to your car battery while going down the road--they already make cars with near total glass roofs, so why not?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
great pic. the park rangers say the gorillas mimic nearly everything they do, so i guess these two were mimicking his stance

bet they could figure out how to take a selfie with some instruction :)

8d8a0e82a41840e6a7a513384b4661b1_original.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the PA Fish Commission's trout stocking program

aka- The bald eagle feeding frenzy program

trout season starts in PA the middle of April, and for about a month before-and a few weeks after the start, the state puts thousands of hatchery raised trout into 'approved waters 'all around the state

the goal is to have every person who buys a trout stamp for their fishing license to get at least 4 trout each (the daily limit is 7 I believe). they want happy customers after all

but so many people who go trout fishing at the beginning of the season are just very,very lazy. they basically want to fish from their car window!! :)

they do not want to walk anywhere or god forbid, hike into the hills where they can catch native brook trout.

so, the state puts fish into the water near easy access points; by bridges and parks, in town and out of town.

So, by this time, hundreds of trout have come downstream. being used to being fed fish feed pellets, they stay in the still water pools of the river near the surface awaiting feeding time

but it is they who are the feed for the eagles! the birds swoop up and down nearly all day long--easy pickings of trout att he surface. dumb trout

the frenzy is like Stukas raking the beach at Dunkirk.

govt is dumb for spending money on all of these trout; the ppl who fish for these trout are lazy, and the eagles are the only smart ones who are fat and happy this time ,every year

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
In the movie theatre now waiting for Avengers Endgame to start.

:)
Seen it!

Man what a ride. First half of the movie was a bit slow and down, but the second half more than made up for it. Quite emotional too. Go see it!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just found a very neat little easter egg in a Blindspot episode. Season 3 episode 20, "Let it go" if you want to know. Here's a clip.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this movie is a total piece of trash--i have not watched any other PURGE movies- maybe they are all like this?

not that it was made bad, or the acting sucked (it was/they did) but that it was such an obvious depiction of race war, etc,etc,etc

all streamers should 'purge' this P.O.S. from their play lists

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
this movie is a total piece of trash--i have not watched any other PURGE movies- maybe they are all like this?

not that it was made bad, or the acting sucked (it was/they did) but that it was such an obvious depiction of race war, etc,etc,etc

all streamers should 'purge' this P.O.S. from their play lists

I only watched the first one and that was too much. Don't need to see the rest.