Random Banter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is also true though that the long term effects of vaping are unknown and not enough research has been done in regard to the effect of vaping on health. My bet is that things will come to light in the future that will scare people.

Perhaps. But the long term effects of smoking cigarettes or any sort of burning tobacco are already known. Nothing about vaping is going to make it equal or worse than using burning tobacco. It is literally smoke inhalation, and people are known to die from that. There are four ingredients to vape juice: propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, food grade flavoring and nicotine (OPTIONAL). About 50% of all vape juice sold contains no nicotine at all. If issues are found with propylene glycol, then many many other products will be affected like cake mixes, baked goods, spices, dressings and marinades, it is a long list. Vegetable glycerine is in everything from dish soap and hand sanitizers to deodorants to candy and many other products and is also a very long list. That leaves food grade flavorings which are used in MILLIONS of products. The only controversial ingredient is nicotine, and that is where any element of addiction is going to happen. Since the nicotine itself is not harmful, it's addictive properties are the target of these scare tactics.

Vaping itself is not dangerous, and it's risk factors are nowhere near that for cigarettes or other combusted products. The juice has four ingredients, where tobacco products contain hundreds, many of them proven to be carcinogenic. We have no deaths from vaping on the books except indirectly by exploding batteries of an improperly modded vaping device. What I am getting at is that it is Big Tobacco who is losing market share and victims to exploit. Vaping, especially independent devices and sources of vape juice, are directly killing the tobacco industry. I have posted the connections between Big Tobacco and anti-vaping campaigns.

I think it's fine to investigate vaping and the products used to vape. But to fabricate dangers or misrepresent data or studies by omitting criteria or sample sizes is dishonest. I read a study which claimed that vaping increased the "gag reflex", only to find out that the vape device for the test was set at 60w and used a 30% nicotine vape liquid. Most vape users set their devices at 8-20w, and use a 6% nicotine juice or less. About 50% of all vape juice sold contains ZERO nicotine.

Smoking is already a known cause of death. No more questions to be asked about that.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Perhaps. But the long term effects of smoking cigarettes or any sort of burning tobacco are already known. Nothing about vaping is going to make it equal or worse than using burning tobacco. It is literally smoke inhalation, and people are known to die from that. There are four ingredients to vape juice: propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, food grade flavoring and nicotine (OPTIONAL). About 50% of all vape juice sold contains no nicotine at all. If issues are found with propylene glycol, then many many other products will be affected like cake mixes, baked goods, spices, dressings and marinades, it is a long list. Vegetable glycerine is in everything from dish soap and hand sanitizers to deodorants to candy and many other products and is also a very long list. That leaves food grade flavorings which are used in MILLIONS of products. The only controversial ingredient is nicotine, and that is where any element of addiction is going to happen. Since the nicotine itself is not harmful, it's addictive properties are the target of these scare tactics.

Vaping itself is not dangerous, and it's risk factors are nowhere near that for cigarettes or other combusted products. The juice has four ingredients, where tobacco products contain hundreds, many of them proven to be carcinogenic. We have no deaths from vaping on the books except indirectly by exploding batteries of an improperly modded vaping device. What I am getting at is that it is Big Tobacco who is losing market share and victims to exploit. Vaping, especially independent devices and sources of vape juice, are directly killing the tobacco industry. I have posted the connections between Big Tobacco and anti-vaping campaigns.

I think it's fine to investigate vaping and the products used to vape. But to fabricate dangers or misrepresent data or studies by omitting criteria or sample sizes is dishonest. I read a study which claimed that vaping increased the "gag reflex", only to find out that the vape device for the test was set at 60w and used a 30% nicotine vape liquid. Most vape users set their devices at 8-20w, and use a 6% nicotine juice or less. About 50% of all vape juice sold contains ZERO nicotine.

Smoking is already a known cause of death. No more questions to be asked about that.
In the TED video I posted, it came to light that while vaping, people are actually breathing in aerosolised particles including metals and even lead particles. You will probably know that lead is a highly toxic material. This is getting directly in the soft tissues inside the body by vaping. I'm not debating that smoking isn't bad for health. I'm stating that vaping might prove to be bad for health as well. Who do you think the big parties in the vape industry are by the way. It's the tobacco companies.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In the TED video I posted, it came to light that while vaping, people are actually breathing in aerosolised particles including metals and even lead particles. You will probably know that lead is a highly toxic material. This is getting directly in the soft tissues inside the body by vaping. I'm not debating that smoking isn't bad for health. I'm stating that vaping might prove to be bad for health as well. Who do you think the big parties in the vape industry are by the way. It's the tobacco companies.

The biggest sellers are those Juul things, but true vapers do not buy any of the vape products made by or owned by Big Tobacco. The vapes you see most people with are the independent ones. Ones with refillable tanks, that you can fill with juice. You mention lead, but where is the lead supposed to be coming from? It is not contained in any of the ingredients of vape juice, so they must mean the coil in the vape but that is not made of lead either. And if it was, then the actual danger is in using vape coils containing lead, not the vaping itself. A vape is not set high enough to melt lead. All of this anti-vaping nonsense is scare-tactics, and 100% funded by Big Tobacco. Nobody else is hurt by the proliferation of vaping except them.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I was quite impressed by this speech. Wondering what congress will do. I know this is technically political, but I think this would be tolerable here.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was quite impressed by this speech. Wondering what congress will do. I know this is technically political, but I think this would be tolerable here.

I did not know he had that in him. Just WOW.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yesterday I was in front of my house having a smoke. Two neighborhood girls were nearby, very young, possibly 2 or 3 years old, I dunno. Suddenly one of them runs past me with both hands in the air screaming "I love you mommyyyy". About 20 feet down she stops, realizing it's not her mommy. It was actually my wife on her way home. The kid got quiet, turned around and slowly walked back to the other girl with a rather confused look on her face. The whole event put a big smile on my face. It's the little things in life.