Random Banter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
True, but much of what humans consider beautiful in other humans is genetically based and hard wired. Makeup and clothing sometimes mimic these traits they do not really have.

could be

but then if you say these are hard wired then it is kind of hard to insist that things like 'fear of the other' and violence are not. both are extensions of the instinctual need to protect the young and the family/clan/tribe

"ugly" is not. ugly can both pop out kids and inseminate females. Ugly can gather food and protect from wild animals.

"ugly" is a modern concept that arises out of the luxury and surplus' of the industrial age when men and women could begin to be picky with whom they would mate

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
so that is actually being made? in production or pre?
It looks like it yes. I think I read somewhere that the idea is to release near the end of this year.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Grandmother passed away over the weekend. She had stage 4 cancer, COPD, diabetes, liver/kidney and heart failure.

I am very sorry for your loss. May she Rest in Peace.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Grandmother passed away over the weekend. She had stage 4 cancer, COPD, diabetes, liver/kidney and heart failure.
I'm sorry to hear bro. I wish you strength with dealing with your loss. As you know, we're here if you wish to talk.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Awesome technology! It will trickle down into electric vehicles and mobile computers eventually. :) I have become a real fan of electric vehicles lately. The Chevy Volt is an awesome car! The acceleration in them is amazing. Push you back in your seat fast. And whisper silent. There is no reason NOT to buy one other than the cost, which is rapidly coming down. The appeal for me has nothing much to do with "saving the planet" as it does the technology and the fewer mechanical parts.