Random Banter

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Have you seen this OM1 ?

After having seen this, if I were a billionaire, I would consider building a massive facility deep underground in Antarctica in order to preserve as much of civilization as we know it. Scary thing to think about.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
After having seen this, if I were a billionaire, I would consider building a massive facility deep underground in Antarctica in order to preserve as much of civilization as we know it. Scary thing to think about.

On second thought. Perhaps a place that is still way above sea level (even if all the ice were melted) would be a better candidate. I don't know whether Antarctica would qualify in that regard.

Thought of the day: Why are male travel show hosts so creepy and off-putting? Rudy Maxa, Joseph Rosendo and of course the king of creepy dudes, Rick Steves. Whenever I watch a travel show featuring these guys I think the subject matter is interesting but they themselves are very unlikable, especially Rick Steves. Who would want to travel with these creeps? I wouldn't want to spend two minutes in their presence. They don't seem fun or appealing and they don't present historical facts with any sort of panache or style. (Rick Steves just sort of whines the historical info about whatever destination he's at and it's like listening to a deflating balloon. He also gives off a pervert vibe. God only knows what dark, dubious thoughts lurk behind that bespectacled, dullard facade.)

ricksteves.gif

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thought of the day: Why are male travel show hosts so creepy and off-putting? Rudy Maxa, Joseph Rosendo and of course the king of creepy dudes, Rick Steves. Whenever I watch a travel show featuring these guys I think the subject matter is interesting but they themselves are very unlikable, especially Rick Steves. Who would want to travel with these creeps? I wouldn't want to spend two minutes in their presence. They don't seem fun or appealing and they don't present historical facts with any sort of panache or style. (Rick Steves just sort of whines the historical info about whatever destination he's at and it's like listening to a deflating balloon. He also gives off a pervert vibe. God only knows what dark, dubious thoughts lurk behind that bespectacled, dullard facade.)

ricksteves.gif

Maybe he is using the show and his travel to check out sex trade in these countries?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Does anyone NOT see the editor buttons? They are there, but there are no icons showing for them. I only know they are there because when you mouse over them, you can see a button there.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Does anyone NOT see the editor buttons? They are there, but there are no icons showing for them. I only know they are there because when you mouse over them, you can see a button there.
Do you mean these?

buttons.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have the same problem.

Okay, this is good. It means that the issue is on the hostgator servers. Ba'al must be able to see them because his browser cache has the originals. I can now take a different troubleshooting path...

I may have found the problem...will be fixed shortly.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I notice that I can see everything in Brave. All the buttons show up.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have the same problem.

Hey, is this now solved? I am still having the problem in Chrome, but not Brave, which I have now made my default browser because Chrome is a RAM hog on my machine.