Random Banter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It seems to be fixed in Chrome now, at least for me.

I replaced the WYSIWYG editor with a new one from Xenforo (TinyMCE). For me, it's still not fixed in Chrome, but Brave shows the buttons and everything like it should. BTW, thank you for hipping us to that browser! It's awesome. So clean and fast. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Everytime I open this thread using the link in the new Stickies section it goes to page 4.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Everytime I open this thread using the link in the new Stickies section it goes to page 4.

Yes I know. The reason for that is because hyperlinks are not dynamic. That simple link leads to a thread, at the point it was created. I think your real solution for this is Watched Threads. If I make a link t Watch Threads in the same place the current link is, you can just Watch the Random Banter thread, hit the new link and it will take you right to the thread(s) and keep it current like the ones in What's New. You can have as many of these Watched Threads as you want.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yes I know. The reason for that is because hyperlinks are not dynamic. That simple link leads to a thread, at the point it was created. I think your real solution for this is Watched Threads. If I make a link t Watch Threads in the same place the current link is, you can just Watch the Random Banter thread, hit the new link and it will take you right to the thread(s) and keep it current like the ones in What's New. You can have as many of these Watched Threads as you want.
I think I need further explanation on that one.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think I need further explanation on that one.

Okay, if you look on the menu, and at the top of each thread, you can select "Watch Thread". Doing this will pin a thread into your Watched Threads page which is personalized to you, and you can see that HERE. Yours should be empty because you have not watched any threads. Go to the Random Banter thread and click the Watch Thread link to add it. Then, go to Watched Threads and you will see it in there. It will be able to take you to the first unread, and it works great on the phone, plus it is personalized to what threads YOU want to keep up on.

On this page in upper right, and on every thread page:
Capture.PNG

In the menu to access your watched threads:
Capture1.PNG

BTW, the editor issue is fixed for me in all browsers again too. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I am unable to upload or comment with my one computer ... All my uploads are from my phone or my other puter ... Friggin mystery is all I can figure out ...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I am now on my upstairs computer and have no problems texting or uploading ...Wth is wrong with my stupid super gaming puter downstairs !!!
I uninstalled chrome then reinstalled but it made no difference . I can use firefox no problem but firefox sucks beyond belief so I don't use it .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am unable to upload or comment with my one computer ... All my uploads are from my phone or my other puter ... Friggin mystery is all I can figure out ...

What browser are you using on the computer that wont work?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am now on my upstairs computer and have no problems texting or uploading ...Wth is wrong with my stupid super gaming puter downstairs !!!
I uninstalled chrome then reinstalled but it made no difference . I can use firefox no problem but firefox sucks beyond belief so I don't use it .

Download Brave: https://brave.com/

Before installing Brave, reset Chrome to default (3 dots > Settings > Scroll down to Advanced > Scroll down Advanced to Reset)

Capture.PNG

DO NOT OPEN CHROME YET. After the Reset, close Chrome. Then, install Brave. Import all your Chrome settings, and surf to here or anywhere else you have been having problems. After visiting here with Brave, you should find that Chrome has fixed itself. This happened to me, and that was how I fixed it. :)