OMNI's Art Thread

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
If I understood correctly, the company is in Turkey. Depending on how much is owed, it may or may not be worth pursuing a civil remedy. If Turkey has a consulate in Sweden, it might be a good idea to contact them and see what can be done.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Some people just suck!:mad:
they sure do.

If I understood correctly, the company is in Turkey. Depending on how much is owed, it may or may not be worth pursuing a civil remedy. If Turkey has a consulate in Sweden, it might be a good idea to contact them and see what can be done.
not worth it tbh and even tho i would like to i couldnt afford to.

OMNI

That's an incredibly detailed model there. Must have been a bitch to do. I gather it's some sort of space station?
yeah it sure is, just having it loaded up in the app viewport takes ALOT of memory and makes my computer somewhat laggy.and
no not really its about 4 days or so of casual work and its by far the simplest and smoothest model i worked on during this time i kinda breezed through it really so i enjoyed making it!

and yeah its a space station.

OMNI

lex_luthor_a_k_a___alx___by_alxshipyards-d4o9aqp.jpg

This is something ive been experimenting with for a bit (when ive had time) ie a 3D model of myself or atleast my face and i think im close and so does mrs alx.

very much still a wip but im pretty happy with it as is

Lightwave 10
PS CS4​

S

Stonelesscutter

Dude!! I thought you weren't good with characters. Most of the 3D work I've seen around is for characters. Would you consider something like that?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Damn!! You did a really amazing job on the realism! I'm more than impressed. I'm left without words, tbh.

OMNI

Dude!! I thought you weren't good with characters. Most of the 3D work I've seen around is for characters. Would you consider something like that?
dude!!!! im not :P but yeah i can model and texture pretty ok but there is ALOT of other stuff needed when it comes to characters mostly rigging which is still a bitch to try and get a hang of but im sure ill master it eventually aswell.

Damn!! You did a really amazing job on the realism! I'm more than impressed. I'm left without words, tbh.
thanks man! id post a comparisen pic of real self but i dont like having pics of myself floating around the web you know ;)

OMNI

What does rigging mean in this context?
setting it up so it can move relisticly and be loaded up with mocap data and also set up the ris so as when you bend an arm it flexes and uses its "muscles" in a relistic fasion also this rig must be simplified so one can build motions simply.. basicly its lots of stuff check youtube for character rigging videos and youll see.

OMNI

lex_luthor_a_k_a___alx___by_alxshipyards-d4o9aqp.jpg

This is something ive been experimenting with for a bit (when ive had time) ie a 3D model of myself or atleast my face and i think im close and so does mrs alx.

very much still a wip but im pretty happy with it as is

Lightwave 10
PS CS4
a comparison pic of my real self exclusive to gatefans :P
View attachment 6743

S

Stonelesscutter

If you lay off the cheese a little more you'll be indistinguishable. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

agreed!
i did take the oportunity to slim down my digital self just a tad :P

You just couldn't resist could you. :) Well it might be a good way to focus yourself on getting wherer you want to go with that. Brilliant! I need a model too. Who's gonna model me? :P

OMNI

You just couldn't resist could you. :) Well it might be a good way to focus yourself on getting wherer you want to go with that. Brilliant! I need a model too. Who's gonna model me? :P
yeah :P residual self image and all that you know :P

oh you do do you? well send me head on front, left or right profile images and ill make you one in a jiffy :) since i did all the learning with this one making another one of others have proven quite simple and moderatly quick process and i could allways use the practice :)

S

Stonelesscutter

yeah :P residual self image and all that you know :P

oh you do do you? well send me head on front, left or right profile images and ill make you one in a jiffy :) since i did all the learning with this one making another one of others have proven quite simple and moderatly quick process and i could allways use the practice :)

Like yourself I have sort of a phobia of putting pictures of myself on the net. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If you lay off the cheese a little more you'll be indistinguishable. :P

You know, sometimes you come out with one that makes me laugh for minutes at a time. "...lay off the cheese..." :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
am i laughing? or are you making a joke?

I was making a joke about the Swedish "sterness" of your pic. ;)

Oddly enough, the 3D version you made is sort of how I pictured you to begin with, albeit with some hair though.