OMNI's Art Thread

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Now I want to see Omni make a model of you. :)

He did, have a look:

fernando-botero-mrs.-rubens-81021.jpg

(Personally I think he nailed it.)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
tony_stark_by_alxshipyards-d4obzb9.png

ok so here is the thing i mentioned earlier.. got the face looking quite close to RDjr i think what do you guys think?
wethering on the helmet could still use some work but ill save that for later.

S

Stonelesscutter

I think the face looks amazingly detailed. Way nicer than the helmet. For some reason the one eye seems to pop out to me, like it was a glass eye or something. The one on the left side of the pic I mean, but I assume you mirrored one from the other so they should be the same.

OMNI

I think the face looks amazingly detailed. Way nicer than the helmet. For some reason the one eye seems to pop out to me, like it was a glass eye or something. The one on the left side of the pic I mean, but I assume you mirrored one from the other so they should be the same.
ok :)
I would think OMNI had better taste TBH.....................
indeed i most def do.

OMNI

i FINALLY recived a reply from the project leader on the project i was/am attached to and got some things explained but i am still sceptical and weary about everything that has happened and i dont know where we go from here but ill update as things develop...

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
i FINALLY recived a reply from the project leader on the project i was/am attached to and got some things explained but i am still sceptical and weary about everything that has happened and i dont know where we go from here but ill update as things develop...

Did they mention payment? It looked like you did a lot of work.

S

Stonelesscutter

Still keeping my eyes crossed for you mate.

OMNI

Update:

the word is ill be payed tomorrow and i hope that is the case... we shall see..

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
tony_stark_by_alxshipyards-d4obzb9.png

ok so here is the thing i mentioned earlier.. got the face looking quite close to RDjr i think what do you guys think?
wethering on the helmet could still use some work but ill save that for later.

That face is amazingly lifelike. I love the way you capture imperfections in human faces and in objects. The biggest downer in CGI is that most of the time things look TOO perfect without a single flaw. You purposely add scratches, weathering and rust and smudges, and in the case of your face there, you can see stubble, some blemishes, wild hairs, etc. It looks so real! But what is with the eyeliner on the bottom?

OMNI

That face is amazingly lifelike. I love the way you caoture imperfections in human faces and in objects. The biggest downer in CGI is that most of the time things look TOO perfect without a single flaw. You purposely add scratches, weathering and rust and smudges, and in the case of your face there, you can see stubble, some blemishes, wild hairs, etc. It looks so real! But what is with the eyeliner on the bottom?
indeed adding imperfections scratches dirt and such crap is the final step to add to really sell something as beliveable and that something you really dont see in low end CG like kids shows etc.

as for the eyeliner its a bi product of the technique i used to texture the face model ie i used a foto (hevily modified) of rober downey junior but i didnt quite get the mesh geometry to align with the texture around the eyes.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
indeed adding imperfections scratches dirt and such crap is the final step to add to really sell something as beliveable and that something you really dont see in low end CG like kids shows etc.

as for the eyeliner its a bi product of the technique i used to texture the face model ie i used a foto (hevily modified) of rober downey junior but i didnt quite get the mesh geometry to align with the texture around the eyes.

You mean it's not the image of a man you killed with your bare hands? Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. At any rate, it's very cool that you're gonna get paid! Fingers crossed all goes well and the pay check clears. I know what it's like to get stiffed on jobs and it sucks beyond description.