OMNI's Art Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well earlier today i found out that ive been promoted within the project i told you all about a few months ago and my new title and how it will apear in the credits is now "Lead mechanical Modeler" which i personally find is a great little x-mas gift and i had to share it with you all.

loving the "Lead" bit especially and it will look great on my 2012-13 Showreel and guarantie me more exiting work in the future!

also still cant give out details or show you the cool stuff im doing for this movie but as soon as i can i will as this is scifi and this is a scifi site so stay tuned for that.

I distinctly remember GateFan76 and myself telling you that you were going to be HUGE one day, and it is happening. You are truly gifted, bro...I remember you kept saying you "werent ready" LOL.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:joy:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I distinctly remember GateFan76 and myself telling you that you were going to be HUGE one day, and it is happening. You are truly gifted, bro...I remember you kept saying you "werent ready" LOL.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:joy:
oh i remember bro and at the time i was most certainly not ready and i still have loads to learn but now i have people whos brain i can pick and ask when i dont know how to do something!

but alas i am far off from my goal of being one of the "top guys" who can do all forms of production in this industri ie becoming a CG/VFX "generalist" but for now ill settle with "LEAD mechanical modeler"

ill def be forever indebted to my project manager/supervisor for giving me this oportunity and that he chose ME and three others over a couple hundred applicants for this project and so far everything i have delivered has been well recieved and very little if any revisions have been neccesary and to quote my SV from the email i got this morning notifying me about my promotion/title "
You starting to make a name for yourself in the industry. We love the work you do man. well done"
that right there made my day and my christmas this year :)

its alot of work and some stress but i am having fun and enjoying it (tho i reserve the right to bitch and complain about it :P)

Anyway thanks man!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Very Cool OMNI!

That is a nice Christmas present. When you're rich and famous and working on the latest Michael Bay movie make sure not to forget your friends. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
well earlier today i found out that ive been promoted within the project i told you all about a few months ago and my new title and how it will apear in the credits is now "Lead mechanical Modeler" which i personally find is a great little x-mas gift and i had to share it with you all.

loving the "Lead" bit especially and it will look great on my 2012-13 Showreel and guarantie me more exiting work in the future!

also still cant give out details or show you the cool stuff im doing for this movie but as soon as i can i will as this is scifi and this is a scifi site so stay tuned for that.

Congratulations, bro!

Don't forget us little people on your climb to the top. I, for one, will be bragging how "I know the guy who did that" when your project hits the silver screens. :joy:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Good job Omni! :cool:

OMNI

That is a nice Christmas present. When you're rich and famous and working on the latest Michael Bay movie make sure not to forget your friends. ;)

Congratulations, bro!

Don't forget us little people on your climb to the top. I, for one, will be bragging how "I know the guy who did that" when your project hits the silver screens. :joy:

Congrats Omni!!I never had any doubts you would do well.

Good job Omni! :cool:

thanks guys and gals!

OMNI

The result of boredom while waiting for renders to finish.

total worktime modeling texturing and comp roughly 30-40min.

lightsaber_by_alxshipyards-d4le4q8.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The result of boredom while waiting for renders to finish.

total worktime modeling texturing and comp roughly 30-40min.

lightsaber_by_alxshipyards-d4le4q8.jpg

WOW! Looks awesome....so "ancient" like it was passed down from generation to generation. :)