OMNI's Art Thread

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
thanks guys!

how about some more then? tried my hands at painting the FTL cloud..

I wish it were possible to quickly animate some short episodes. Very nice, by the way.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

tinkered some with my Destiny​

OMG...the ship is so beautiful. It looks MUCH better than the one they used in the show. I wish (sorta) that we could have seen the engine room, the computer area (engineering), and some other stuff in that ship. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG...the ship is so beautiful. It looks MUCH better than the one they used in the show. I wish (sorta) that we could have seen the engine room, the computer area (engineering), and some other stuff in that ship. :)

Despite what certain producers might have us believe the ship on SGU was merely a prop, literally a back drop for the drama, so engine rooms and genuine technical areas that would comprise a space ship weren't necessary. We got slapped on the face as a reminded of this fact in the episode where they locate the seeder ship and Rush blows off any examination of the gate manufacturing room.

The way I see it is even if they couldn't explain the physics and engineering involved in such travel they could have attempted to give us something to chew on. What did they spend millions on when producing the show if not on the sets? We got some lousy hydroponics lab with a couple florescent bulbs and ferns but no engine room? Argh! You've got me remembering that horrible show now and here I thought I was shunt of it. :(

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
i dont agree that it looks better then what seasoned proffesionals were able to create for the show but i do think ive don a fair job with this one!

Despite what certain producers might have us believe the ship on SGU was merely a prop, literally a back drop for the drama, so engine rooms and genuine technical areas that would comprise a space ship weren't necessary. We got slapped on the face as a reminded of this fact in the episode where they locate the seeder ship and Rush blows off any examination of the gate manufacturing room.

The way I see it is even if they couldn't explain the physics and engineering involved in such travel they could have attempted to give us something to chew on. What did they spend millions on when producing the show if not on the sets? We got some lousy hydroponics lab with a couple florescent bulbs and ferns but no engine room? Argh! You've got me remembering that horrible show now and here I thought I was shunt of it. :(

Agree with all of the above ape!

OMNI

While i still cant show or tell you guys anything about the project im involved with at the moment and i wont be able to do so in quite some time i can however show you this which i considder training/proof of concept of some new skills ive picked up specificly during this project ie weathered texturing dirt/scratches etc

only had time for a this quicky low rez example while i waited for another set of revision sheets yesterday but i cant wait to apply this technique to my other stuff like Atlantis which def deserves a heavy weathering treatment imo

All artwork seen in the image is made by me.

total worktime 40min

modo501 - modeling andtexture painting
Lightwave10 - render/texture
PS CS4 - Post (blur and grain)

Enjoy!

Bluce Ree

While i still cant show or tell you guys anything about the project im involved with at the moment and i wont be able to do so in quite some time i can however show you this which i considder training/proof of concept of some new skills ive picked up specificly during this project ie weathered texturing dirt/scratches etc

only had time for a this quicky low rez example while i waited for another set of revision sheets yesterday but i cant wait to apply this technique to my other stuff like Atlantis which def deserves a heavy weathering treatment imo

total worktime 40min

Enjoy!

I feel like a drug addict for eye-candy. Thanks for the eye-candy fix, bro. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

total worktime 40min

Enjoy!

It looks so....REAL! Like if you could get close enough to it you could just get in it and fly. I notice how the edges are "distressed" like it has been flown and used in battle a few times. Touches like that make things look WAY more realistic than when they are perfect models with no damage or wear. A good example is Babylon 5. I always thought that if it could have been done today, we would see more damage and wear on it. But WOW! Awesome!

:joy:

OMNI

man i HATE making invoices that need specific information for specific countries... but oh how i LOOOVE getting payed... anyway another model down and a small break while i wait for my next batch of concepts... phew..

S

Stonelesscutter

man i HATE making invoices that need specific information for specific countries... but oh how i LOOOVE getting payed... anyway another model down and a small break while i wait for my next batch of concepts... phew..

How many models have you made so far and how many do you think you'll have to make in total?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

It is good to get payed! If you get payed for doing something you love it is twice as good. ;)

Bluce Ree

Take a look at an online tool like this to manage your invoicing -> http://www.freshbooks.com/

I haven't used them myself but I believe they can manage country-specific details.

OMNI

Zup B**ches! its been a few days... :P

anyway i had an hour or so to kill a few days ago while waiting on some revision sheets so instead of sitting on my butt staring at the wall doing nothing i decided to get some practice in and keep my creative juices flowing

so this is what i came up with... just a small update texture lighting render and composition wise for my Abrams.

View attachment 6355

Enjoy!

Bluce Ree

Zup B**ches! its been a few days... :P

anyway i had an hour or so to kill a few days ago while waiting on some revision sheets so instead of sitting on my butt staring at the wall doing nothing i decided to get some practice in and keep my creative juices flowing

so this is what i came up with... just a small update texture lighting render and composition wise for my Abrams.

View attachment 6355

Enjoy!

this is how the model looked 5 or so motnhs ago when i made it..

http://alxshipyards.deviantart.com/art/M1-ABRAMS-245098316

anyone can see that ALOT has happened since then ;)

Damn! Very nice, bro!

OMNI

"Lead Mechanical Modeler"

well earlier today i found out that ive been promoted within the project i told you all about a few months ago and my new title and how it will apear in the credits is now "Lead mechanical Modeler" which i personally find is a great little x-mas gift and i had to share it with you all.

loving the "Lead" bit especially and it will look great on my 2012-13 Showreel and guarantie me more exiting work in the future!

also still cant give out details or show you the cool stuff im doing for this movie but as soon as i can i will as this is scifi and this is a scifi site so stay tuned for that.