OMNI's Art Thread

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
there are no "judges" just a poll..

Well that's the problem with art and popularity contests. Plus can you really trust this "poll" to be objective?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Every time this thread pops to the top I'm hoping there's more eye candy. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Well that's the problem with art and popularity contests. Plus can you really trust this "poll" to be objective?
i guess i cant.

Every time this thread pops to the top I'm hoping there's more eye candy. :)
i know!

sorry about that man i've just been busy trying to find A job ANY job so i cant say im especially inspired to create something... and ive been playing games in the little off time i have after the day long jobhunts..

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
i guess i cant.

i know!

sorry about that man i've just been busy trying to find A job ANY job so i cant say im especially inspired to create something... and ive been playing games in the little off time i have after the day long jobhunts..
]

Yeah, the job situation sucks here too. So many people are laid off permanently these days. :(

So, when it comes to your art do you work in any other medium than computer generated graphics?

OMNI

]

Yeah, the job situation sucks here too. So many people are laid off permanently these days. :(

So, when it comes to your art do you work in any other medium than computer generated graphics?
aye lets blame the 1% :P (i know its more complicated then that but sure feels good to have something to blame ;))

and no not for 3-4 years i used to paint and sketch alot including graffiti but it ended up being to expensive and slow for me hence the CG which is cheaper in the long run and faster :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
aye lets blame the 1% :P (i know its more complicated then that but sure feels good to have something to blame ;))

I know this sounds like I'm joking but I'm not. Can you get a job bartending or working in a liquor store? In a bad economy alcohol is rarely impacted, if anything the demand goes up.

Incidentally, my state sells the most brandy than any other state in the country. I have no idea how this is possible as I don't know a soul who drinks brandy. It doesn't surprise me that we love to drink though. I swear the liquor industry around here is doing great.

OMNI

I know this sounds like I'm joking but I'm not. Can you get a job bartending or working in a liquor store? In a bad economy alcohol is rarely impacted, if anything the demand goes up.

Incidentally, my state sells the most brandy than any other state in the country. I have no idea how this is possible as I don't know a soul who drinks brandy. It doesn't surprise me that we love to drink though. I swear the liquor industry around here is doing great.

nope bartending requires experience and a "social" personality and i have neither ;) as for liquor "stores" we dont have "stores" here we have A liqour store and its government run (stupid public health thing that imo shouldnt be decided by democracy (a.k.a the retarded majority) as its a personal choice thing and limits your own personal freedom and right to do whatever the hell you please and drink smoke and shoot whatever the hell you like as its YOUR body not the countrys body) but i havnt applied to work there as a cashier so i migth as im running out of places to harrass with my CV and "charming" personality.

OMNI

i did however have a meeting with my unemployment "coach" and he offered me a 12 week course in CAD/CNC that i will be attending once my 450 days of unemployment is up (im not elagable before) but here is the kicker.. im NOT entitled to any aid even if i attend this course so if push comes to shove ill be able to learn a new trade but i wont be able to buy food during the course....

man i hate governments as they are F***ing retarded and set up these weird contra productive rules and regulations... :facepalm:

S

Stonelesscutter

i did however have a meeting with my unemployment "coach" and he offered me a 12 week course in CAD/CNC that i will be attending once my 450 days of unemployment is up (im not elagable before) but here is the kicker.. im NOT entitled to any aid even if i attend this course so if push comes to shove ill be able to learn a new trade but i wont be able to buy food during the course....

man i hate governments as they are F***ing retarded and set up these weird contra productive rules and regulations... :facepalm:

Don't look now but you're derailing your own thread mr. big boss.
Shame on you! A mod should know better. :P ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Yeah, the rules for getting aid here often make it impossible for people to work their way out of the situation. Gotta love government bureaucracy.

Definitely try to take the CAD/CNC course if you can. Hopefully you've got someone who can put food on the table while you're doing so because it's a good investment for the future.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Shame on you! A mod should know better. :P ;) :tealcanime23:

Bah! We are talking about his art and the fact that he can't make a living off of it currently. We're discussing the big picture mon petite drunken chere, not a myopic one. OMNI's art encompasses his life and vice versa. You can't talk about one without talking about the other, n'est pas my Netherlandian friend?

OMNI

Shame on you! A mod should know better. :P ;)
nope as it is very much related.

Then I guess you should have slept with everyone who voted. ;)
im not that much of a whore ;)

Yeah, the rules for getting aid here often make it impossible for people to work their way out of the situation. Gotta love government bureaucracy.

Definitely try to take the CAD/CNC course if you can. Hopefully you've got someone who can put food on the table while you're doing so because it's a good investment for the future.

aye people who have theirs on the dry making decisions that affct those that do not oh what a wonderfull life...

and by the looks of things i will have to do the course not that i mind id just like to have an income while i do, and yes the mrs gets some money but it doesnt cover both rent electricity and food for 2 people hence my perdicament :(

OMNI

Bah! We are talking about his art and the fact that he can't make a living off of it currently. We're discussing the big picture mon petite drunken chere, not a myopic one. OMNI's art encompasses his life and vice versa. You can't talk about one without talking about the other, n'est pas my Netherlandian friend?
green!

S

Stonelesscutter

Well if jobhunting and bureaucracy are now a part of art, then perhaps I too am an artist. :D
Btw... :tealc-gun02:right back at ya! ;)

OMNI

anyway this CAD/CNC course could def be good as id most likly get hired instantly as companys here are really hunting for CAD/cnc qualified people and all in all it is sort of 3D related tho pratical 3D not purdy artzy 3D that im used to but frak it as id get to play with powerfull computers and fancy machines oh and the best part i would get payed :D