OMNI's Art Thread

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You know I'm just stirring up sh*t right.

baby.ban.him.jpg

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
(Image removed because the link appears to have changed to something invasive.)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
i did however have a meeting with my unemployment "coach" and he offered me a 12 week course in CAD/CNC that i will be attending once my 450 days of unemployment is up (im not elagable before) but here is the kicker.. im NOT entitled to any aid even if i attend this course so if push comes to shove ill be able to learn a new trade but i wont be able to buy food during the course....

man i hate governments as they are F***ing retarded and set up these weird contra productive rules and regulations... :facepalm:

That sucks, bro. In Canada, if one takes a course to learn a trade that's on the government approval list, unemployment benefits are extended for the period of the course at your current level. So, if a course stretches out 18 months, the benefits are extended an additional 18 months regardless of how long you've already been. On top of that are government loans and bursaries also made available to help the student pay for course fees, materials, etc.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
That sucks, bro. In Canada, if one takes a course to learn a trade that's on the government approval list, unemployment benefits are extended for the period of the course at your current level. So, if a course stretches out 18 months, the benefits are extended an additional 18 months regardless of how long you've already been. On top of that are government loans and bursaries also made available to help the student pay for course fees, materials, etc.
stuff like that was available here but after the conservatves were voted in it was among the first things to go :facepalm:

Bluce Ree

stuff like that was available here but after the conservatves were voted in it was among the first things to go :facepalm:

You're not alone. Conservatives are dismantling Canada as well.

SciphonicStranger

Bluce Ree

Ignorance is bliss, my friend. :icon_lol:

I moved to the US because of weather and better cost of living. The "studies" showing that the popular US cities are somehow more expensive than anywhere in Canada in terms of cost of living are all done by someone who must be brain-dead or only likes to buy their groceries at convenience stores in the US (i.e. Walgreen) and discount supermarkets in Canada (i.e. Maxi).

My typical grocery expenditure in Montreal - $220
Same amount of food bought in Miami - $100

Gas is cheaper. Wireless phones are cheaper. Internet bandwidth is cheaper. In the end, I've got more money left over in my pocket and I'm enjoying a water front condo and sunny, warm weather all year around. That's what I call a no-brainer.

S

Stonelesscutter

Ignorance is bliss, my friend. :icon_lol:

I moved to the US because of weather and better cost of living. The "studies" showing that the popular US cities are somehow more expensive than anywhere in Canada in terms of cost of living are all done by someone who must be brain-dead or only likes to buy their groceries at convenience stores in the US (i.e. Walgreen) and discount supermarkets in Canada (i.e. Maxi).

My typical grocery expenditure in Montreal - $220
Same amount of food bought in Miami - $100

Gas is cheaper. Wireless phones are cheaper. Internet bandwidth is cheaper. In the end, I've got more money left over in my pocket and I'm enjoying a water front condo and sunny, warm weather all year around. That's what I call a no-brainer.

Oh I believe you. :) I'd probably love living there too. I've heard that nowadays if you have a half a million dollars you can move to the States and get your greencard no questions asked. I s that true? But let's try not to derail this thread any further than it already has been. :D

Bluce Ree

Oh I believe you. :) I'd probably love living there too. I've heard that nowadays if you have a half a million dollars you can move to the States and get your greencard no questions asked. I s that true? But let's try not to derail this thread any further than it already has been. :D

A $500k investment in a rural area or where there is high unemployment. Otherwise, it's a $1m investment to "buy" your green card.

I think politics in the US sucks, the government is run by escaped mental patients, criminals and mummified politicians from the stone age and Washington is driven almost solely by corporate greed but I still love living there. If you are your own boss and financially independent (not rich but not dependent on a 9-5 job, either), you're living la vida loca.

OMNI

So an update on all things Omni...

well i lost that damned contest and got berraded for having the balls to complain... but guess what? i gots me a freelancing gig out of that site and my mainpage featurette's over there!

i'll be making a few 3D spaceships for an upcomig scifi movie!!!! hows about them apples eh? (suck on that all those who hated and slammed me when i first started out)

its still only a freelance pay per model gig but it pays decently and its a nice notch to have on my resume besides how cool will it be to see my creations on the big screen :D

and nope cant give any details on the project beyond what ive said here Due to a NDA (non disclosure agreement) i had to sign but im happy nevertheless!

i do expect the coming weeks to be a bit hectic with this gig and all my other responsibilities including my CAD/CNC course etc but by pulling a couple all nighters i should be able to manage.

anyway thats that.

now by all means feel free to derail my thread even further with your latest topic ;)

SciphonicStranger

So an update on all things Omni...

well i lost that damned contest and got berraded for having the balls to complain... but guess what? i gots me a freelancing gig out of that site and my mainpage featurette's over there!

i'll be making a few 3D spaceships for an upcomig scifi movie!!!! hows about them apples eh? (suck on that all those who hated and slammed me when i first started out)

its still only a freelance pay per model gig but it pays decently and its a nice notch to have on my resume besides how cool will it be to see my creations on the big screen :D

and nope cant give any details on the project beyond what ive said here Due to a NDA (non disclosure agreement) i had to sign but im happy nevertheless!

i do expect the coming weeks to be a bit hectic with this gig and all my other responsibilities including my CAD/CNC course etc but by pulling a couple all nighters i should be able to manage.

anyway thats that.

now by all means feel free to derail my thread even further with your latest topic ;)

Congrats OMNI! :cool:

Can you fit a stargate into this production? :rononwhistle:

S

Stonelesscutter

Congratulations man! Looking forward to seeing your stuff on the bigscreen. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Holy crap Omni . That is fantastic . I look forward to seeing your skills on the big screen . Break a leg !!!

OMNI

Congrats OMNI! :cool:

Can you fit a stargate into this production? :rononwhistle:

Congratulations man! Looking forward to seeing your stuff on the bigscreen. :)

Holy crap Omni . That is fantastic . I look forward to seeing your skills on the big screen . Break a leg !!!

thanks guys!
and i forgot to mention tho it is a Turkish Production so i doubt it will have much of an International bang but the project does def sound intresting as a whole and not at all like the cheesefest one would expect but i dont care im getting payed to do what i love and ill get my stuff shown on the big screen besides that the notch on my resume is worth most imo as it will def help me land future gigs!

SciphonicStranger

thanks guys!
and i forgot to mention tho it is a Turkish Production so i doubt it will have much of an International bang but the project does def sound intresting as a whole and not at all like the cheesefest one would expect but i dont care im getting payed to do what i love and ill get my stuff shown on the big screen besides that the notch on my resume is worth most imo as it will def help me land future gigs!

I see a SyFy Saturday night movie in your future. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

thanks guys!

A Turkish movie with Spaceships! Now I'm getting very curious. :)

I see a SyFy Saturday night movie in your future. ;)

:rotflmao: