OMNI's Art Thread

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.

im ontop of the situation mate ;) im glad you were trying to give me a heads up tho ;)

Why don't you ask him the exact date and time he supposedly sent you that message. ;)
Then you could check if you didn't accidentally receive it for sure (maybe a spamfolder?) and you could have HIM check to see if he did actually send it.
i cant man my accounts on GW are looked and my brand new ip aswell so i cant and i know of no other way of contacting the person in question.
and there isnt a spam folder on DA all messages and PM's make it through and trust me ive checked everywhere and do so daily there is no such message.

Tropicana

Council Member
Well he went ahead and used the pics without your (OMNI) approval anyway. He didn't wait for a message reply. I say, he (s09119), better be taking those pics down asap.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
im ontop of the situation mate ;) im glad you were trying to give me a heads up tho ;)

i cant man my accounts on GW are looked and my brand new ip aswell so i cant and i know of no other way of contacting the person in question.
and there isnt a spam folder on DA all messages and PM's make it through and trust me ive checked everywhere and do so daily there is no such message.

Wopuld you like me to sir, They can hardly accuse me of "just popping up" can they?

G

Graybrew1

So they let him post that about "the artist" even though they know that "the artist" is unable to respond. After they posted something telling you to keep it to a PM? That sounds like they are not even trying to be fair. :icon_eek:

OMNI

Well he went ahead and used the pics without your (OMNI) approval anyway. He didn't wait for a message reply. I say, he (s09119), better be taking those pics down asap.

indeed he did. and personally i think thats arrogant and sneaky. besides i have recieved no such message and well he said he would take them down so i guess we'll wait and see.
thing is i have no issue with them remaining if i am credited and asked first as i love seeing my art around but as he hasnt done so they should indeed be removed.

Tropicana

Council Member
So they let him post that about "the artist" even though they know that "the artist" is unable to respond. After they posted something telling you to keep it to a PM? That sounds like they are not even trying to be fair. :icon_eek:
GW is never fair.

One set of rules for themselves and another set for the rest.

OMNI

Wopuld you like me to sir, They can hardly accuse me of "just popping up" can they?

i dont want you to get in trouble BC of me man as you still enjoy debating on GW (as far as i know) so please dont get dragged down in flames with me :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
i dont want you to get in trouble BC of me man as you still enjoy debating on GW (as far as i know) so please dont get dragged down in flames with me :)

I'd just do it via pm buddy, something you can't do and keep it out of the "public eye"

S

Stonelesscutter

I doubt they would even consider to dare touch the almighty Gatefan dude. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Oh, they would, but I don't particulary care if they tried :D

Omni, if you want me two, I'll start a convo with him and serve as proxy mailman. Personally, I feel if it would be good if you guys could come to an arrangement because it's free advertising for your art on thier fic, but I understand your ire, so, your call my man

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
GF76 sadly got a mark on his record.

All I can say is, GF76 becareful cos I'm sure they are more than happy enough to find some excuse to ban you.

Bah, 1 tiny little OT infraction in some 10 months, I've got more green from the mods than that :P

OMNI

I'd just do it via pm buddy, something you can't do and keep it out of the "public eye"
still man i dont want to get you in trouble.

I bet they would in a heartbeat.

GF76 sadly got a mark on his record.

All I can say is, GF76 becareful cos I'm sure they are more than happy enough to find some excuse to ban you.

agreeing with Tropi here as im sure they would jump at at chance to burn someone considered a bit of a thorn in their behind.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I think this is not only an issue with the poster there who stole the art (of course he knows who it belongs to and of course he deleted the credits on purpose), but also GW. I think it's in their policy not to post pictures that don't belong to you, but I could be mistaken...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
still man i dont want to get you in trouble.

agreeing with Tropi here as im sure they would jump at at chance to burn someone considered a bit of a thorn in their behind.

The dude is still online right now, the private message tab is ready to be written. Don't worry about me bro, just gimmie the green light or the red light, but decide for yourself, I can take care of myself, don't let that factor into your decision. I know you, this is gonna stew in you and piss you off to no end. Don't worry about me, M'kay :D

OMNI

I think this is not only an issue with the poster there who stole the art (of course he knows who it belongs to and of course he deleted the credits on purpose), but also GW. I think it's in their policy not to post pictures that don't belong to you, but I could be mistaken...
well you know aswell as i do that the rules and policys of GW are iffy at best so if there is such a rule they most likly disragard it as they do others when they feel like it.
The dude is still online right now, the private message tab is ready to be written. Don't worry about me bro, just gimmie the green light or the red light, but decide for yourself, I can take care of myself, don't let that factor into your decision. I know you, this is gonna stew in you and piss you off to no end. Don't worry about me, M'kay :D
check your PM's mate ;)
and hey i think ive been pretty mellow about it sofar :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
well you know aswell as i do that the rules and policys of GW are iffy at best so if there is such a rule they most likly disragard it as they do others when they feel like it.

check your PM's mate ;)
and hey i think ive been pretty mellow about it sofar :P

Check yours :D

Issue is now out of our hands people, I suggest we drop it.

OMNI

Check yours :D

Issue is now out of our hands people, I suggest we drop it.

done ;) thanks again mate!

and well we dont have to drop the subject entirely as this kind of thing is still an annoyance and so is GW polycys in this matter and any others but my suggestion would be that such a discussion be held in the apropriate thread "down below" in the flamy place :)