OMNI's Art Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh! Oh! Can you add the lifeless body of Lt. Scott being dragged alongside the ship by his shoe lace stuck in the air lock?

Bahahahahaha!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

The art of that ship rendering is amazing....simply stunning :beckettu: But it's Destiny, and I can only get excited about it when it is going to be destroyed somehow. :) Your rendering of it looks better than the one in the show itself.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
The art of that ship rendering is amazing....simply stunning :beckettu: But it's Destiny, and I can only get excited about it when it is going to be destroyed somehow. :) Your rendering of it looks better than the one in the show itself.

thanks man! and HEY! there was nothing wrong with the ship it was the show that had issues ;)
and no my rendering is only half of the detail the show one is but mine is atleast 90% accurate overall i just cant get as close up on it as they can with the studio model.

started tinkering with some texture also.

and a quick anim test to see the model in motion.
[video=youtube;OrXF-XABwdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrXF-XABwdM
i think it looks good.

OMNI

ok pet peave of mine "people that "Steal" artwork and use it for their own purposes".

i rescently found that some of my artworks has been used by a person who has not asked if he was allowed to do so and who is using them to promote his fanfiction on gateworld no less,
this person also cropped the pics and removed my signature from them and wrote some ancient text BS all over them.

this pisses me off ALOT as i was neither asked nor credited for them and i am considdering watermarking ALL of my future artworks just bc of this but i dont want to do it as it would spoil the artworks having a watermark stamped in the middle of them.

i have no issue with my art being used in anyway shape or form aslong as im ASKED first or credited for them but that isnt the case here.

GRRRRRR rumble randoms curse words ANGER ETC!!!!!!***

/rant.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok pet peave of mine "people that "Steal" artwork and use it for their own purposes".

i rescently found that some of my artworks has been used by a person who has not asked if he was allowed to do so and who is using them to promote his fanfiction on gateworld no less,
this person also cropped the pics and removed my signature from them and wrote some ancient text BS all over them.

this pisses me off ALOT as i was neither asked nor credited for them and i am considdering watermarking ALL of my future artworks just bc of this but i dont want to do it as it would spoil the artworks having a watermark stamped in the middle of them.

i have no issue with my art being used in anyway shape or form aslong as im ASKED first or credited for them but that isnt the case here.

GRRRRRR rumble randoms curse words ANGER ETC!!!!!!***

/rant.

DUDE...you cant let it slide...not even ONCE. Demand that the image be removed. And also, I do recommend watermarking your work, even on here. Speak to Illiterati about how to protect your work from art thieves. Since you are the artist, you do not see how special your art is, or the level you are competing at (which is WAY up there). You are an undiscovered genius, but somebody will discover you and probably within the next couple of years or so. You can prove that you created the image because you have the original models. You might not like the "ugly" of a watermark, but its worth it.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Yeh I'd follow it up, it was rude of them not to credit you at the very least.

EDIT: Also what is up with the moderator response to the query. I get they are not big fans of this site but they just downplayed the fact that someones work was stolen. Not cool.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

i recently found that some of my artworks has been used by a person who has not asked if he was allowed to do so and who is using them to promote his fanfiction on gateworld no less,

This isn't a pet peeve. Stealing someone's intellectual property is a serious issue and GW should look into it. Questioning instead the motives of the poster complaining is NOT the correct response:

Screen shot 2011-06-01 at 00.36.13.png

OMNI

i tried guys but "bagpuss" <-----stern look of distain*** caught on and banned the account and well read the post for yourselfs here

as most of you are aware i am a persona non grata on GW and you may end up banned just for being asociated with me in any way. so be warned .

OMNI

This isn't a pet peeve. Stealing someone's intellectual property is a serious issue and GW should look into it. Questioning instead the motives of the poster complaining is NOT the correct response:

View attachment 4432

Agreed. but i can honestly say i expected as much from that place.
i did cringe at the questionable proof thing seeing as i have the models and the pics are signed by me.

Tropicana

Council Member
i tried guys but "bagpuss" <-----stern look of distain*** caught on and banned the account and well read the post for yourselfs here

as most of you are aware i am a persona non grata on GW and you may end up banned just for being asociated with me in any way. so be warned .
Didn't know u had such a bad boy rep.

So what can you do? Court?

Bagpuss, dismissing it without investigation seems rather childish, how else would OMNI raise his concern with GW? Telepathy? Send a message with tea leaves? Perhaps a magic wave of a wand? Of course OMNI has to register and post a message. The "author"" would know where he got the images from and if it's via dishonest means, that work will be reclaimed back and the owner (OMNI) compensated one way or another.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Hello?

Let me see if I understand this correctly: GateWorld allows its members to post stolen pictures on their forum and if the their owner has a problem they tell them to contact the person who posted the stuff directly??? huh.gif

Tropicana

Council Member
OMNI's work is like totally recognisable and I find it hilarious how it's one set of rules for them and another set of rules for everyone else, again.

If it's proven without any reasonable doubt that the guy did steal OMNI's work and GW is harbouring said fugitive and not assisting in the resolution of this matter, even pretending a crime has not occurred, I expect a full out apology from Bagpuss.

I'm a vindictive ***** with a strong sense of justice for all. If I had my way, I would be filming myself spanking Bagpuss' ass raw with a cane, for all to see.

OMNI

Didn't know u had such a bad boy rep.

So what can you do? Court?

Bagpuss, dismissing it without investigation seems rather childish, how else would OMNI raise his concern with GW? Telepathy? Send a message with tea leaves? Perhaps a magic wave of a wand? Of course OMNI has to register and post a message. The "author"" would know where he got the images from and if it's via dishonest means, that work will be reclaimed back and the owner (OMNI) compensated one way or another.
hah! you didnt know? :P i had issues over there since the first day i signed up and sofar ive been banned 6 times 1 was rescended tho but it only took a month before it was back in place.
cant do much really ive tried to do what i can and no goig to court over 3 images that are of stargates wich is in turn a liking owned by MGM would be pointless and end badly.

and i agree with bagpuss as i had no other way of raising the issue with the person in question and i dont see a "site" to contact the person off GW so i had only one choice and it was thwarted.
and yup childish but what else is to be expected from the "almighty" gate world... :facepalm:

Let me see if I understand this correctly: GateWorld allows its members to post stolen pictures on their forum and if the their owner has a problem they tell them to contact the person who posted the stuff directly??? View attachment 4433

yup pretty much.

S

Stonelesscutter

This just sucks.
Not that I'm questioning you, but can you give a link to your original pics please?
I feel like posting on that thread.

OMNI

OMNI's work is like totally recognisable and I find it hilarious how it's one set of rules for them and another set of rules for everyone else, again.

If it's proven without any reasonable doubt that the guy did steal OMNI's work and GW is harbouring said fugitive and not assisting in the resolution of this matter, even pretending a crime has not occurred, I expect a full out apology from Bagpuss.

yup and as i MADE them i am the one who would recognise them first and imeidietly and i did.
and seeing as no one asked me if they were allowed to use them i can tell you for a fact thet they were "stolen" and used without my consent.
if however i had been credited i wouldnt have a problem nor would i have a problem with it if i was atleast asked first but nope that dindt happen.

and seeing as i have the whole "badboi" rep over there anything i say is disregared discredited and simply ignored.