Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh you just know the writers are going to magically/mysteriously bring her back. They're beyond predictable.

She will return, Im pretty sure of that. But what will they do...make her some kinda ghost?

Irisaghost.png

Or worse yet...

irisazombie.png

But what I really want is this:

irisatombstone.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think Irisa jumps into a magic volcano or something like that. The only reason I remember this is because such a useless character dying made me happy. Now if they'd only do that to 3/4 of the rest of the cast the show might have a chance. ;)

What did she do before she jumped?

Earth Republic?

No peeking!!

This was the only ep I actually watched after giving up after the first 3 or 4-I wanted to see how ridiculous it would be/ how many ideas they would take from other shows. I am guessing giving the penchant for so many sci-fi tptb's to try and capture the "mood" of BSG (to include the failure of BSG TPTB's in CAPRICA AND B&C) in stuff like SGU, then Irisa is going to pull some kind of Kara Thrace "back from the dead" thing.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
They finished shooting around the 7 of December . Things still happening at the lot but not much . When it was in production you would not believe the amount of workers on site ! ,,, I walked right by July Benz trailer during the summer . Wish I had seen her though ,,,. She's hot :) Her trailer was there the longest also ,,,

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Earth Republic?

No peeking!!

This was the only ep I actually watched after giving up after the first 3 or 4-I wanted to see how ridiculous it would be/ how many ideas they would take from other shows. I am guessing giving the penchant for so many sci-fi tptb's to try and capture the "mood" of BSG (to include the failure of BSG TPTB's in CAPRICA AND B&C) in stuff like SGU, then Irisa is going to pull some kind of Kara Thrace "back from the dead" thing.

No idea what Irisa was doing before she jumped. Truth is, the show bores me so often that I flip to another channel. I saw her jump in the magic volcano and disappear. Shame she didn't pull the rest of the show in with her. :moody:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They finished shooting around the 7 of December . Things still happening at the lot but not much . When it was in production you would not believe the amount of workers on site ! ,,, I walked right by July Benz trailer during the summer . Wish I had seen her though ,,,. She's hot :) Her trailer was there the longest also ,,,

Two words: Lock pick. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Just quietly I would listen to Shaved here, he has practical experience in celebrity kidnaps.............

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Earth Republic?

No peeking!!

Yep. They will bring her back. And the fact that she is still on the payroll and talking about Season 2 proves she will be in it. Now, they can have her do all sorts of magical things and give her all sorts of mysterious new knowledge an sheeyat. :facepalm:. Didnt they start doing this with Chloe on SGU? One romp with those blue aliens, and suddenly she was running circles around Rush in math, and piloting the ship? Maybe her eyes will be glowing now. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yep. They will bring her back. And the fact that she is still on the payroll and talking about Season 2 proves she will be in it. Now, they can have her do all sorts of magical things and give her all sorts of mysterious new knowledge an sheeyat. :facepalm:. Didnt they start doing this with Chloe on SGU? One romp with those blue aliens, and suddenly she was running circles around Rush in math, and piloting the ship? Maybe her eyes will be glowing now. :)

A lot of magical females since Kara Thrace (funny thing is BSG only pulled that off-to the extent they did-by accident)

Like Thrace came back in a new viper,, maybe Irisa will come back in a new dodge challenger?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No idea what Irisa was doing before she jumped. Truth is, the show bores me so often that I flip to another channel. I saw her jump in the magic volcano and disappear. Shame she didn't pull the rest of the show in with her. :moody:

She brought our male lead/ hero back from the dead

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I like the Defiance actors, I even like the universe they set up.

Pity.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
A lot of magical females since Kara Thrace (funny thing is BSG only pulled that off-to the extent they did-by accident)

Like Thrace came back in a new viper,, maybe Irisa will come back in a new dodge challenger?

Of course! And conveniently, it will happen to be the new 2014 model :smiley-laughing021:.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

:icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::smiley-laughing021:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh that's so...um...good to know I guess. :apthy:

I was just trying to show what we are saying-that the break is so long between seasons-that without looking it up, or a marathon of last season, fans will be easily swayed to accept "adjustments"

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I was just trying to show what we are saying-that the break is so long between seasons-that without looking it up, or a marathon of last season, fans will be easily swayed to accept "adjustments"

I think less people will tune in when Season 2 airs. I could be wrong but like I said earlier I just don't detect any sort of anticipation or excitement during this hiatus. It's not like The Sopranos. People aren't talking about the show in any casual, interested sort of way they normally do of interesting shows. And, if we're being honest here, the only reason we're talking about it is to ridicule and mock it. That's not a good sign.

roflbot (2).jpg

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think less people will tune in when Season 2 airs. I could be wrong but like I said earlier I just don't detect any sort of anticipation or excitement during this hiatus. It's not like The Sopranos. People aren't talking about the show in any casual, interested sort of way they normally do of interesting shows. And, if we're being honest here, the only reason we're talking about it is to ridicule and mock it. That's not a good sign.

View attachment 29118

Absolutely

And-can no one in this time and place find clothing that fits them? just saying

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Absolutely

And-can no one in this time and place find clothing that fits them? just saying

You inadvertently point out here that they've spent more time on styling the characters than actually writing a coherent, believable story.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What story?

Remember a major problem so far has been them not explaining the world or the backgrounds of the characters in any meaningful way. IIRC it made the motivations of the characters very hard to understand.