Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG, that picture creeps me out big time. :( Looks like some pedophile's dream. Is he really going to eat that food or are they going to do some weird sexual fetish with it? :hide;

He got crunched by the alien spider thingee before they got around to dining so I guess we'll never know, sigh... :moody:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Even I was shocked by the length of the hiatus between (pre-ordained) seasons. Even though they knew they had a lock for two seasons (and we all know that they did) perhaps they felt they needed the time to "fix" the problems that would become apparent after the first season aired. That's the only reason I can think of because it makes no sense to have such a span of time between seasons as this show is eminently forgettable.

OM1 was playing the game but from what he's said interest has really dropped off.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Even I was shocked by the length of the hiatus between (pre-ordained) seasons. Even though they knew they had a lock for two seasons (and we all know that they did) perhaps they felt they needed the time to "fix" the problems that would become apparent after the first season aired. That's the only reason I can think of because it makes no sense to have such a span of time between seasons as this show is eminently forgettable.

OM1 was playing the game but from what he's said interest has really dropped off.
I think the longer hiatus will either mean two things, the longer hiatus will mean, the show will build up hype or no one will give a rat's ass about it. Either outcome is possible but I don't want this show to succeed because it's nothing spectacular.

I usually don't like to be negative about things but, I would LOVE it the day, syfy dies and this show dies with it.The people who work for syfy clearly don't have a clue what science fiction is so they made their own definition of it. That definition is basically, calling anything with fictional elements science fiction. If it has gadgets in it, it becomes science fiction. Hell, they even consider super natural science fiction LMAO! Don't believe me? Checkout blastr.com which is owned by syfy and see how many shows they call science fiction.
http://www.blastr.com/

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I think this channel is only staying alive by reruns and wrestling.

Never thought I'd see the day when this would be uttered:

"I want to watch Wrestling! Can we get the science fiction channel?"

:(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
lol this is not airing for another 7 months...I got to say, that is one long ass hiatus! Is anyone even playing the stupid game?

NOPE! Even if you do, the gamesphere is dead. Even maxing out the game is uneventful because it is open ended until the show comes back. I am making this prediction right now:

Defiance will be canceled before season two has finished airing, like SGU was. All episodes will air, but the show will not have a season 3. Watch and see. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That show was basically pouring money down a rathole.

I suspect the long hiatus is because they know the show as is has major problems and they need the extra time to try to script in "fixes". Unfortunately the issues are so core to the show that they cannot be fixed.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Keep the world, ditch all the characters, only thing that will work.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That show was basically pouring money down a rathole.

I suspect the long hiatus is because they know the show as is has major problems and they need the extra time to try to script in "fixes". Unfortunately the issues are so core to the show that they cannot be fixed.

That's pretty much how I see it too. :beckett_new049:

The amount of time between seasons smacks of desperation, not titillation. This show isn't The Sopranos which could have lengthy hiatuses due to its popularity. As it is I don't see anyone waiting breathlessly for Season 2 of DEFECATION to begin, either at the water cooler or in cyber space.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
NOPE! Even if you do, the gamesphere is dead. Even maxing out the game is uneventful because it is open ended until the show comes back. I am making this prediction right now:

Defiance will be canceled before season two has finished airing, like SGU was. All episodes will air, but the show will not have a season 3. Watch and see. :)

I don't think you'll get anyone here to challenge this prediction. :anim_59:

And even if they try to "fix" the probs in the show I just don't see it succeeding. Of course TPTB will do their utmost shadiest spin to try and make it appear that this show, and game, are winners. :rolleyes:

I hope that when the end comes it comes hard. There's no other way for these turd writers to learn that they're doing it all wrong. I hope TPTB cry as they're emptying out their offices and then retreat to an attenuated and purposeless life in the Toronto suburbs. Sci-fi fans deserve better than the shit TPTB have been serving up lately.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Jim has his double Defiance prediction ball now. :) A reminder...all awards and trinkets from the old board are available here. You just have to remind us which ones belong to whom. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Without cheating by looking it up..does anyone really remember how the last episode ended?

Anyone, Anyone?

Thought so...:teyla_ditto: :rolleyes:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yes :)
Datak gets busted for murdering the EA dude after selling out the town.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Without cheating by looking it up..does anyone really remember how the last episode ended?

Anyone, Anyone?

Thought so...:teyla_ditto: :rolleyes:

I think Irisa jumps into a magic volcano or something like that. The only reason I remember this is because such a useless character dying made me happy. Now if they'd only do that to 3/4 of the rest of the cast the show might have a chance. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think Irisa jumps into a magic volcano or something like that. The only reason I remember this is because such a useless character dying made me happy. Now if they'd only do that to 3/4 of the rest of the cast the show might have a chance. ;)

Um...she may NOT be dead. :moody:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude, it's Christmas. Couldn't you have just given me a lump of coal instead? :(

I thought I just did! Hopefully that is what she is now after jumping into that pit. :icon_twisted: :anim_59: :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh you just know the writers are going to magically/mysteriously bring her back. They're beyond predictable.