Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I say screw this show. You say screw this show. We all say screw this show, but apparently over 2 million people disagree. Who these mouth-breathing morons are I have no idea but they must be out there. God help us if we have to share the road with these human doorknobs. :moody:

You think that's bad, look at how many peeps love stuff like transformers bro :lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, the way I see it...the new site www.defiancesucks.com might be a little more fun-fulled than originally thought. Once it gets finished being built, that is. :) OMNI has created some awesome graphics for the site and I will be building it over this weekend with the new graphics and stuff. It is pretty functional right now, with all of the episodes (full episodes) embedded from Syfy Rewind. Also some shouts will go out...ranging in Google is right where it should be right now, with "Defiance sucks" bringing it up just below the official site.

Perhaps in the lull between seasons, rewatches could be in order to flesh out the reviews for each episode? The game....ergh..

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Defiance makes me miss SGU so much I want to cry. :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Defiance makes me miss SGU so much I want to cry. :(

DEFECATION has several things going for it that make it better than SGU --

-- It isn't feasting on the corpse of two (2) successful predecessors (rather, it's just sodomizing a ton of stolen concepts and characters and "derivative" writing styles).

-- It features lesbians that are not shrill, angry office administrators.

-- It has -- well, okay, that's all I can think of for now. Truth be told it is right there in the sewer pipe with SGU so it's something of a horse race still.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

-- It isn't feasting on the corpse of two (2) successful predecessors (rather, it's just sodomizing a ton of stolen concepts and characters and "derivative" writing styles).

-- It has -- well, okay, that's all I can think of for now. Truth be told it is right there in the sewer pipe with SGU so it's something of a horse race still.

That is why SGUS worked.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

Yes, SGU suffered from that class of lesbian. Actually on Defiance, one lesbian is dead and her lover is probably now in jail tending to her spouse on death row.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And in both cases the being a lesbian / having a lesbian relationship served zero story purpose. It was there basically for hormone addled teenage boys who think such fare is "erotic".

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
They are busy little beavers at the lot . They brought in a construction trailer and added a second level to it . A new building I guess.

I had to stop watching the show . One episode never has anything to do with the others . I think I have watched 5 shows in total .

Real shame ,,,real shame ,,, :( :( :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They are busy little beavers at the lot . They brought in a construction trailer and added a second level to it . A new building I guess.

I had to stop watching the show . One episode never has anything to do with the others . I think I have watched 5 shows in total .

Real shame ,,,real shame ,,, :( :( :(

But wait...you have EXCLUSIVE photos which are valuable. I would be willing to compensate you for them....PM me. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
But wait...you have EXCLUSIVE photos which are valuable. I would be willing to compensate you for them....PM me. :)

Hey Overmind One . I am still trying to figure this site out . How do I pm you . I am using my iPhone also . A lightning storm toasted my newly built kickbutt PC .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey Overmind One . I am still trying to figure this site out . How do I pm you . I am using my iPhone also . A lightning storm toasted my newly built kickbutt PC .

Click Inbox on the red menu at thew top right, then Start a new conversation. Put me in the recipient list. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Yup . I did that before but got no reply . Is it working now as I just started another conversation . ???

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yup . I did that before but got no reply . Is it working now as I just started another conversation . ???

Yes, its working perfectly. :) Its a bit strange because private conversations look like forum threads. You can invite more than one person to them too. To see participants look on the right hand column in the conversation.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Hey ,,, one of the transcripts for next seasons show blew over the fence . Hmmm it seems to be blank ,,, hmmm ,, wait . I can make out a few sentences .

( tell actors to ad lib all next season . Will save a ton on writers fees ) ,,, ( What do you mean we've already done that ) ,,, ( Then tell the trades to do what ever they want for buildings on the set ) ,,, ( That way we won't have to pay any set designers ) ,,, ( What do you mean we already do that !!! ??? ) ,,, ( tell the actors they now have to do there own makeup ) ,,, ( What !!! we already do that !!! ) ( Your all fired !!! @#$$%%@# you bunch of tools ) I,ll do the show myself ,,, I,ll get that emmy yet ,,,

end transcript

B

Backstep

Hey ,,, one of the transcripts for next seasons show blew over the fence . Hmmm it seems to be blank ,,, hmmm ,, wait . I can make out a few sentences .

( tell actors to ad lib all next season . Will save a ton on writers fees ) ,,, ( What do you mean we've already done that ) ,,, ( Then tell the trades to do what ever they want for buildings on the set ) ,,, ( That way we won't have to pay any set designers ) ,,, ( What do you mean we already do that !!! ??? ) ,,, ( tell the actors they now have to do there own makeup ) ,,, ( What !!! we already do that !!! ) ( Your all fired !!! @#$$%%@# you bunch of tools ) I,ll do the show myself ,,, I,ll get that emmy yet ,,,

end transcript

I think you didn't get the second page; more side boob and skin colored pasty's.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think you didn't get the second page; more side boob and skin colored pasty's.

Third page simply says:

"Amp up the female objectification. Remember folks, there's no such thing as too much lesbian coupling vis a vis hot, skinny white* gals that would never actually hook up in real life.

(*FYI -- Hot, skinny gals of color are acceptable for the occasional lesbian sex scene, but they must be killed off in 3 episodes or less per guild 'Red shirt' directives.)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Heard through the grape vine that they have only reached 1/2 of the shooting for season 2 so I guess they will be doing some nice cool winter shots this time around . Maybe they'll have some cool hi-tech sleds and lesbien sex in the snow with a female wookie or female ewok type characters . Wait a second !!! How are we ,,, the viewing public going to know the difference here ???. We might get ripped off thinking it's sexy fur on fur action when it's really two males of the species . Oh well ,,, perhaps the girls will enjoy that . It's only fair that they cover all bases . Good for them being so open minded !!!. Now if they could just toss some hot bacon grease into that format and I might watch it :) :) :) !!!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Heard through the grape vine that they have only reached 1/2 of the shooting for season 2 so I guess they will be doing some nice cool winter shots this time around . Maybe they'll have some cool hi-tech sleds and lesbien sex in the snow with a female wookie or female ewok type characters . Wait a second !!! How are we ,,, the viewing public going to know the difference here ???. We might get ripped off thinking it's sexy fur on fur action when it's really two males of the species . Oh well ,,, perhaps the girls will enjoy that . It's only fair that they cover all bases . Good for them being so open minded !!!. Now if they could just toss some hot bacon grease into that format and I might watch it :) :) :) !!!

"Your breakfast platter comes with your choice of eggs and white or wheat toast -- and side boob." :stung:

defiance103-2.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"Your breakfast platter comes with your choice of eggs and white or wheat toast -- and side boob." :stung:

defiance103-2.jpg

OMG, that picture creeps me out big time. :( Looks like some pedophile's dream. Is he really going to eat that food or are they going to do some weird sexual fetish with it? :hide;