Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ratings Prediction for Episode 12

Jim of WVa - 1.65
Backstep - 1.622 - 0.5
ShavedApe - 1.57
SciphonicStranger - 1.51
Bluce Ree - 8008

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Jim of WVa - 1.65
Backstep - 1.622 - 0.5
ShavedApe - 1.57
SciphonicStranger - 1.51
Bluce Ree - 8008
Joelist - 1.6501

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Jim of WVa - 1.65
Backstep - 1.622 - 0.5
ShavedApe - 1.57
SciphonicStranger - 1.51
Bluce Ree - 8008
Joelist - 1.6501
GF '76 1.72

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
PING Jim: I have not forgotten that you have a set of balls now.:smiley-laughing021: ..er...two Defiance balls :anim_59:. I need to create the double award for you. I have just been a bit busy. I wont forget. :)

Jim of WVa - 1.65
Backstep - 1.622 - 0.5
ShavedApe - 1.57
SciphonicStranger - 1.51
Bluce Ree - 8008
Joelist - 1.6501
GF '76 1.72
Overmind One - 1.61

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Jim of WVa - 1.65
Backstep - 1.622 - 0.5
ShavedApe - 1.57
SciphonicStranger - 1.51
Bluce Ree - 8008
Joelist - 1.6501
GF '76 1.72
Overmind One - 1.61
Heisenberg - 1.5

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Seriously? This was a horrible episode. In fact, I can't believe I watched as much of it as I did. I'm beyond sick of the Irisa/messiah thing. The whole show just limps from one scene to the next. '

But hey, they gotz the lezbean sex scenes, so it's no wonder it's pullin' these numbers. Sheep indeed! :anim_59:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That was an episode? It came off more like a bad riff on "The Godfather" with Datak Tarr as Vito Corelone.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I actually liked the episode, but the show is simply not science fiction. The "aliens" need to be treated, not as space aliens, but as terrestrial foreigners.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Meh. As a totally standalone "organized crime" play it was sort of watchable but as a part of the series it is terrible. Datak Tarr for example is now totally a villain in the vein of mobsters. They have had him flip back and forth between villainy and actually someone you could respect too many times - it is classic bad character writing.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Meh. As a totally standalone "organized crime" play it was sort of watchable but as a part of the series it is terrible. Datak Tarr for example is now totally a villain in the vein of mobsters. They have had him flip back and forth between villainy and actually someone you could respect too many times - it is classic bad character writing.

It's no secret that we agree on this. I'll even go so far as to give this show props for good production values and some really good acting, but the writing drags it right down into the mud and makes it near unwatchable at times. The story is so messed up in terms of scripting that no amount of good production or good acting can make up for it.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
From what I have heard the show is completely based on the game . They are one and the same so the story line is so horribly all over the place . Makes me sad . So many people work so hard on this show . What a shame it sucks so so bad story wise .

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
There is some stir at the location . Manpower , trucks , materials

*sigh*

Probably just prepping for S2. :(

They said DEFIANCE returns in June of 2014. So basically they need a year to make another season. Not quite sure what that portends but okay, whatever. Hopefully they'll use the time to fix this dog because what I watched tonight in the season ender was unintelligible.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It can't be fixed.