Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
THANK YOU! Now, I have to craft a special 4-ball award just for you (in advance :)). I have to say, I am really sorta amazed at your prediction talents. Much more than left to chance. I think we do need a Ball for Dominion. I think a red ball? We have used green, gold and gray. :)

How about a cracked ball covered with mold?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
THANK YOU! Now, I have to craft a special 4-ball award just for you (in advance :)). I have to say, I am really sorta amazed at your prediction talents. Much more than left to chance. I think we do need a Ball for Dominion. I think a red ball? We have used green, gold and gray. :)

Defiance Season 2 Episode 2
Heinsenberg: 1.6m
ShavedApe: 1.87m
Jim of WVa: 2.0m
Overmind One: 1.5m
Joelist: 1.7m

Looks like you won OM1 .Holyshit it tanked this week
.4 for 18-49 looool and 1.43m overall..
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...e-loiter-squad-defiance-dominion-more/277439/
142"In My Secret Life"Michael NankinMichael TaylorJune 26, 20141.43[26]

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, the very first choice on the Poll is how I voted. :) I predict that this show will be canceled very soon, even if they air the remaining episodes. The game for this is dead online.

Predictions for Defiance Season 2 Episode 3

Overmind One: 1.45m

Wow, this show is tanking faster than I thought. I need time to come up with a new number.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, I didn't even remember this show was on! :icon_lol:

It is worse this season than last, and that is saying a lot since the show was already pretty bad. By episode 5 they will probably be nearing the 1m mark and that will start the countdown.

448735_60x60.png.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, I need to revise this, because last episode was 1.43! :icon_e_surprised: Going lower...

Overmind One: 1.38m

heisenberg

Earl Grey
OMG, I need to revise this, because last episode was 1.43! :icon_e_surprised: Going lower...

I am predicting to be lower, since it's on the eve of July the 4th. People will be out celebrating instead of watching defiance.

Heisenberg: 1.2m

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It is worse this season than last, and that is saying a lot since the show was already pretty bad. By episode 5 they will probably be nearing the 1m mark and that will start the countdown.

View attachment 30061

I'm sure the Twitter feed will save the show. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
People in the comment section at tvbythenumbers, people keep saying that a lot of people are watching this show online. I am not sure if they are telling the truth or just being optimistic.

I think if there were a large amount of people watching this show online that would also be reflected in a large amount of people watching it on TV. I don't think we're at the tipping point where more people watch shows online verses via their TV's. If that was the case more popular shows like TWD would have online viewers outpacing cable ones.

So basically I think what you're hearing is just industry spin. None of which can compete against actual hard numbers from TV viewers.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
And here I thought the ratings for "Continuum" had cratered! I guess the brand value for SyFy must have really diminished over the years?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And here I thought the ratings for "Continuum" had cratered! I guess the brand value for SyFy must have really diminished over the years?

Syfy has ruined their "brand". They have become the face of soap-fi, canceled series, and bad fantasy shows. Oh, and is wrestling still big on that channel? They went for short time appeal to make money, and damaged their long term reputation. The Scifi Channel was a premium channel I gladly paid for. But I dont even watch Syfy for free online. I just get the shows I want and screw the rest.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Syfy has ruined their "brand". They have become the face of soap-fi, canceled series, and bad fantasy shows. Oh, and is wrestling still big on that channel? They went for short time appeal to make money, and damaged their long term reputation. The Scifi Channel was a premium channel I gladly paid for. But I dont even watch Syfy for free online. I just get the shows I want and screw the rest.

What worries me is that SyFy will claim that there isn't a market for science fiction after giving us tons of shows that were not science fiction.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
The scripted first run shows that air on Thursdays will return July 10, 2014 July 3, 2014.

Overmind One: 1.38 million
Heisenberg: 1.2 million
Jim of WVa: 1.1 million

Last edited:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Overmind One: 1.38 million
SciphonicStranger: 987

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Since this episode is going to fall on the 4th of July weekend, I have to revise yet AGAIN. No way is this show going to draw 1.38m. So, I am changing my prediction:

Overmind One: 1.38 million 1.15 million

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One: 1.38 million 1.15 million
ShavedApe: 1.30 (damn, you people don't leave a lot of wiggle room here :icon_lol:)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I will say in its defense that this last installment was a bit better than before. The bomb plot was mildly amusing and because the show focused on it and on the mayors inability to run the town the lack of good characters was not as big an issue. But I still don't see this thing having a life for long.