The Walking Drama season 3

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Were you really expecting more?

We have a budding war with the town that when you get to the bottom of it is Rick's fault - his rescue team did not need to go in with guns blazing and kill several townspeople (including an unarmed teenage girl) and as previously stated Michonne going off to kill the Governor made no sense. It gets REALLY hard to root for Rick or his pathetic group.

Then we have Andrea do what Andrea does best - stand around and be torn when there is nothing for her to be torn over. Why would she even be tempted to kill the Governor here - no one in their right mind would follow Rick as he is portrayed now. Basically the whole scene was just an excuse to have another nude (backside) shot of Laurie Holden. Just another character that could die tomorrow and no one would care.

Really the only characters that are even moderately interesting are Merle and Darryl. They at least have actual personalities.

Michonne's reaction to go kill the Governor fits her character. She's a vengeful bitch and he did send out a posse to kill her for absolutely no reason after she left peacefully.

I can't argue the rest of your points because I agree. :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Were you really expecting more?

We have a budding war with the town that when you get to the bottom of it is Rick's fault - his rescue team did not need to go in with guns blazing and kill several townspeople (including an unarmed teenage girl) and as previously stated Michonne going off to kill the Governor made no sense. It gets REALLY hard to root for Rick or his pathetic group.

Then we have Andrea do what Andrea does best - stand around and be torn when there is nothing for her to be torn over. Why would she even be tempted to kill the Governor here - no one in their right mind would follow Rick as he is portrayed now. Basically the whole scene was just an excuse to have another nude (backside) shot of Laurie Holden. Just another character that could die tomorrow and no one would care.

Really the only characters that are even moderately interesting are Merle and Darryl. They at least have actual personalities.

i think i mentioned this way back, but what has Rick done that is/was beneficial for his group? He was a newcomer to an established group. After his arrival, that group began taking serious 'hits'. His idea of going into atlanta cost them. During that visit, was he responsible-in some way-for Merle's situation? that is, the events that led to his cuffing Merle to the pipe? cant remember

His 'buddy'-Shane- was it? Should have been running the show;leading the group. Rick-IMO- is a person that should be a follower and not a leader. He is the kind of guy who does fine during everyday, 'normal' life (as sheriff) but goes to hell when things get tough.

His group are "the walking dead" they just happen to still be breathing- and Rick is the deadest of them all. Dead as a leader, dead as a person and now dead morally and emotionally.

In the last ep-they are going to get more guns, so why the hell do they not pick up "backpack guy"? More guns means they will need more people to operate those guns.

The random killings of healthy people that could be assets (like the gov killing the national guard guys-people trained in military tactics and weapons) or the ignoring extra people (rick not picking up the backpacker) not to mention rick not bringing up wanting to go to atlanta to recruit the large group of survivors there (something useful)-just makes no sense.

Safety- in this situation-is in the numbers and the amount of weapons those numbers are armed with.

but rick obsesses with recruiting-trying to-some looney toons dude who he seems to be beholden to just because that guy did the right thing in helping rick way back in ep1 or 2 S1.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i think i mentioned this way back, but what has Rick done that is/was beneficial for his group? He was a newcomer to an established group. After his arrival, that group began taking serious 'hits'. His idea of going into atlanta cost them. During that visit, was he responsible-in some way-for Merle's situation? that is, the events that led to his cuffing Merle to the pipe? cant remember

His 'buddy'-Shane- was it? Should have been running the show;leading the group. Rick-IMO- is a person that should be a follower and not a leader. He is the kind of guy who does fine during everyday, 'normal' life (as sheriff) but goes to hell when things get tough.

His group are "the walking dead" they just happen to still be breathing- and Rick is the deadest of them all. Dead as a leader, dead as a person and now dead morally and emotionally.

In the last ep-they are going to get more guns, so why the hell do they not pick up "backpack guy"? More guns means they will need more people to operate those guns.

The random killings of healthy people that could be assets (like the gov killing the national guard guys-people trained in military tactics and weapons) or the ignoring extra people (rick not picking up the backpacker) not to mention rick not bringing up wanting to go to atlanta to recruit the large group of survivors there (something useful)-just makes no sense.

Safety- in this situation-is in the numbers and the amount of weapons those numbers are armed with.

but rick obsesses with recruiting-trying to-some looney toons dude who he seems to be beholden to just because that guy did the right thing in helping rick way back in ep1 or 2 S1.

GREAT OBSERVATIONS. This is what turned me off when I stopped watching last season. Lori and his son were weighing things down that season and I always wondered why Rick was in the "leader" position. I agree that Shane had much better leadership skills, but then they made him go wonky and then finally made him into a twice killed zed. :(. I have liked Daryl from the beginning. I even like Andrea and Maggie. I have not met Michonne because I have not seen any episodes this season. Worth a marathon?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I hate to say it but this show is rockin' in the ratings. 11.2 M for last Sunday's episode. So unfortunately we're gonna be stuck with it for awhile. The upside is that the longer it goes on the more opportunities we'll have to ridicule it. :beckett_new049:

Bluce Ree

GREAT OBSERVATIONS. This is what turned me off when I stopped watching last season. Lori and his son were weighing things down that season and I always wondered why Rick was in the "leader" position. I agree that Shane had much better leadership skills, but then they made him go wonky and then finally made him into a twice killed zed. :(. I have liked Daryl from the beginning. I even like Andrea and Maggie. I have not met Michonne because I have not seen any episodes this season. Worth a marathon?

It's much better than last year but doesn't compare to the 1st season. Not as much yak yak melodrama as last year. Still, lots of :facepalm: moments.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's much better than last year but doesn't compare to the 1st season. Not as much yak yak melodrama as last year. Still, lots of :facepalm: moments.

It has improved somewhat (due in no small part to viewers complaints) but there are still major flaws. Rick is a total imbecile and has no leadership qualities. In a true SHTF scenario he'd be long deposed by someone with an ounce of common sense in their head.

And I'm getting sick of the way they have him swagger around with his hand on that gun on his hip. It makes him look like a total douche, not a trustworthy leader.

Also, much like the farm from last season they're sticking to one location, the prison, this season for the main cast. I know they have to for production sake but it gets annoying knowing that they'll do one season here, then have a big shoot-out, then move to another location next season, shampoo, rinse, repeat.

And don't get me going about the town of Woodbury, which doesn't even seem like a real place as they never show the infrastructure of how they maintain it. They make mention of going out for supplies but only seem to go out on killing raids of other humans. That's dumb. And no, they don't have to show every mundane detail of how the town runs but if they expect a suspension of disbelief from the viewers they need to make it more realistic. Post-apocalypse life would be hard if the entire system went down -- utilities, etc. There's no getting around this fact of reality, yet in Woodbury the citizens just roam the streets (seriously, they just walk up and down the streets) in freshly laundered clothes with smiles on their faces and food in their tummies. That many people can't have 3 hots and a cot without doing a hell of a lot of work to maintain it, yet all we ever see are people aimlessly walking up and down the sidewalks. :rolleyes:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Forgot to mention before... why in the hell do they think that running the eps in black and white is "cool" or necessary?

Bluce Ree

Forgot to mention before... why in the hell do they think that running the eps in black and white is "cool" or necessary?

They want the Romero crowd.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

They are doing that? For an entire episode? :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
No they didnt. :) I saw the first season...not a single black and white episode.

It's something they're doing on AMC on Thursday nights I think. I believe they said they're rerunning the entire first season but doing it in B&W. I find this just a gimmick and it doesn't interest me. Romero had legit reasons for filming the original that way but TWD does not.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
For the entire first season! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

first and second season every thursday-they say it is to 'mimic" the comic book:

All articles from The Walking Dead blog »
The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 Episodes to Air in Black-and-White Thursdays on AMC

TWD-episode-101-rick-bw-560.jpg
The Walking Dead fans are a lucky bunch. Not only is their favorite show back with all-new episodes, but now they have the opportunity to watch previous episodes in a whole new way: Starting this Thu., Feb. 14, AMC will begin airing episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead in black-and-white -- mirroring the format of Robert Kirkman's Eisner-winning comic book series. It all begins this week with Episodes 1 and 2 of Season 1. Then, every following Thursday at 8/7c new episodes will air leading into AMC Real Original Thursdays.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Kirkman is doing another show.

http://screenrant.com/robert-kirkman-exorcism-tv-show-walking-dead/

Supernatural show. I hope there's a mom and kid and the mom constantly loses sight of the kid and the kid ends up getting people killed cause he's always running off like he's the shit but he's really not and a best friend who goes nuts and people arguing over everything and needy women who are defined by their relationships with the men and stuff.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's something they're doing on AMC on Thursday nights I think. I believe they said they're rerunning the entire first season but doing it in B&W. I find this just a gimmick and it doesn't interest me. Romero had legit reasons for filming the original that way but TWD does not.
first and second season every thursday-they say it is to 'mimic" the comic book:

All articles from The Walking Dead blog »
The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 Episodes to Air in Black-and-White Thursdays on AMC

TWD-episode-101-rick-bw-560.jpg
The Walking Dead fans are a lucky bunch. Not only is their favorite show back with all-new episodes, but now they have the opportunity to watch previous episodes in a whole new way: Starting this Thu., Feb. 14, AMC will begin airing episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead in black-and-white -- mirroring the format of Robert Kirkman's Eisner-winning comic book series. It all begins this week with Episodes 1 and 2 of Season 1. Then, every following Thursday at 8/7c new episodes will air leading into AMC Real Original Thursdays.

mass_499b1c_1833796.jpg

Bluce Ree

MOTHER@%#$ @@%#%&*@!! #$^@&# @#((***@#&* @#*&^&^# ^@%^@#& ^!!!!!!!!!!

They fished me in again! Last week, it looked like something was finally gonna happen and we got an hour of two mental patients sitting at a table talking about life. This week, it started boiling up to some action then we get 40 minutes of Captain Hook and Seargent Bimbo quietly walking around in an empty building playing cat & mouse with each other. WTF?!?!?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
MOTHER@%#$ @@%#%&*@!! #$^@&# @#((***@#&* @#*&^&^# ^@%^@#& ^!!!!!!!!!!

They fished me in again! Last week, it looked like something was finally gonna happen and we got an hour of two mental patients sitting at a table talking about life. This week, it started boiling up to some action then we get 40 minutes of Captain Hook and Seargent Bimbo quietly walking around in an empty building playing cat & mouse with each other. WTF?!?!?

:icon_lol:

Dude, they're just killing time until the overly-laughable season finale where the characters that should get killed off won't be and the ones that should live end up buying the farm. As for tonight's episode, Andrea is such a dummy that I didn't care at all what happened to her. The Governor is incredibly boring too. I'm talking desert highway boring. They deserve each other.

Bluce Ree

:icon_lol:

Dude, they're just killing time until the overly-laughable season finale where the characters that should get killed off won't be and the ones that should live end up buying the farm. As for tonight's episode, Andrea is such a dummy that I didn't care at all what happened to her. The Governor is incredibly boring too. I'm talking desert highway boring. They deserve each other.

I don't get it. Why pour so much money per episode into fillers?