The Walking Drama season 3

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They have ramped up the action but still have the problem of a distinct lack of characters anyone would root for. Even Michonne who started out well has degenerated into an irrational kook. They need some actual heroes on the show - even if it means deviating from the comic (which it would not because even the comic had some).

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, we're already at Token S. Wellington III, Esq. On the other hand, black chicks on action flicks last longer because, well, they're just hot. :icon_lol:

I believe it is " Token S. " skull crusher" Wellington II

I tuned in a little late and missed the "new kids" screaming and shouting their way through the woods; they just should be singing "zombies and killers and sociopaths oh yeah" while skipping down the blood soaked paths.

Since I missed their entrance- when I saw our hapless prison heroes and their reaction to the woman screaming I got a sickening feeling- I thought they were seriously having Lori make a comeback--dodged that bullet.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They have ramped up the action but still have the problem of a distinct lack of characters anyone would root for. Even Michonne who started out well has degenerated into an irrational kook. They need some actual heroes on the show - even if it means deviating from the comic (which it would not because even the comic had some).

This. I don't get the Michonne thing. The tension between her and Rick is incredibly forced. Plus I'm already tired of the pseudo-lesbian thing she has going with Andrea.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This. I don't get the Michonne thing. The tension between her and Rick is incredibly forced. Plus I'm already tired of the pseudo-lesbian thing she has going with Andrea.

You watch, it will turn to "love" :hump: for ratings and to help heal the wounds of a racially divided america:rolleye0014:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I don't get the Michonne thing, either. It's not like she forced her way into the camp. They saved her then locked her in the hospitality cage and they keep treating her like she broke into the prison and attempted to take over or steal. The whole situation is too contrived. Lazy writers.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep. Like I said Michonne has been turned into basically a psycho for no other reason than to create "drama". She assists them on the rescue mission but then goes off on her own to fight the Governor for NO LOGICAL REASON. And like we said earlier Andrea also does stuff for no logical reason at all

This is possibly the single biggest problem with the show outside of the ridiculousness of the premise (sorry but there is no way thr zeds would be anything more than decayed pulp more than a year after the plague). Aside from Darryl, none of these characters are true to their own personalities on a consistent basis - that is, they change personality from episode to episode. Case in point - Rick's jumping from calm and collected to "apocalypse now" and then back again. Ditto Michonne, Ditto Andrea, Ditto the Governor even. And worse, aside again from Darryl not one of the other characters is someone you want to succeed - a.k.a. root for.

Bluce Ree

Yep. Like I said Michonne has been turned into basically a psycho for no other reason than to create "drama". She assists them on the rescue mission but then goes off on her own to fight the Governor for NO LOGICAL REASON. And like we said earlier Andrea also does stuff for no logical reason at all

This is possibly the single biggest problem with the show outside of the ridiculousness of the premise (sorry but there is no way thr zeds would be anything more than decayed pulp more than a year after the plague). Aside from Darryl, none of these characters are true to their own personalities on a consistent basis - that is, they change personality from episode to episode. Case in point - Rick's jumping from calm and collected to "apocalypse now" and then back again. Ditto Michonne, Ditto Andrea, Ditto the Governor even. And worse, aside again from Darryl not one of the other characters is someone you want to succeed - a.k.a. root for.

The reason she went after the governor is because she knew he sent the posse to hunt and kill her. I don't really have an issue with that part. What i do find most annoying is why the writers are trying to force this tension and friction between her and the group that has absolutely no basis whatsoever. They're the ones who saved her then caged her yet we see them treating her as if she did something to them.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't get the Michonne thing, either. It's not like she forced her way into the camp. They saved her then locked her in the hospitality cage and they keep treating her like she broke into the prison and attempted to take over or steal. The whole situation is too contrived. Lazy writers.

Plus she was the one who brought the basket of baby formula that they needed, yet Rick instantly treats her like she's the bad guy. Bad writing all around. What's worse is that they expect us to just swallow it and believe it makes sense.
--- merged: Dec 5, 2012 at 8:19 AM ---
The reason she went after the governor is because she knew he sent the posse to hunt and kill her. I don't really have an issue with that part. What i do find most annoying is why the writers are trying to force this tension and friction between her and the group that has absolutely no basis whatsoever. They're the ones who saved her then caged her yet we see them treating her as if she did something to them.

Wurd!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Plus she was the one who brought the basket of baby formula that they needed, yet Rick instantly treats her like she's the bad guy. Bad writing all around. What's worse is that they expect us to just swallow it and believe it makes sense.

Exactly. And it doesn't make sense. Neither did Michonne taking off after joining the team to go hunt the Governor. Posse or no posse she wouldn't have just run off like that. It also doesn't jibe with the comics - the Michonne of the comics pretty quickly made herself Rick's protector.

Finally, it looks like they are setting up for Merle to join Rick's group alongside Darryl. Of course this will lead to more "drama" based on his mistreatment of Glenn and Maggie.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Exactly. And it doesn't make sense. Neither did Michonne taking off after joining the team to go hunt the Governor. Posse or no posse she wouldn't have just run off like that. It also doesn't jibe with the comics - the Michonne of the comics pretty quickly made herself Rick's protector.

Finally, it looks like they are setting up for Merle to join Rick's group alongside Darryl. Of course this will lead to more "drama" based on his mistreatment of Glenn and Maggie.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with Merle. The most obvious thing would be to have him killed off, by Daryl no less (Greek tragedy and all that). Although I suspect the writers will keep him around for awhile so they can milk the family drama.

And it's pretty obvious they're going to pump up and draw out the drama with Andrea and her having to choose sides between Rick's party and the Governor's town. :rolleyes:

Bluce Ree

To be honest, that's exactly what I would have expected her to do. Her character comes off as the vengeful type, the kind of person who would get even. They didn't just steal her wallet or pee in her cereal, they hunted her and tried to kill her.
--- merged: Dec 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM ---
I'm not sure what's going to happen with Merle. The most obvious thing would be to have him killed off, by Daryl no less (Greek tragedy and all that). Although I suspect the writers will keep him around for awhile so they can milk the family drama.

And it's pretty obvious they're going to pump up and draw out the drama with Andrea and her having to choose sides between Rick's party and the Governor's town. :rolleyes:

She's known Rick's gang for two years fighting for survival and the Governor all of 2 minutes in white picket fence town. Aside from having done the backside mambo together, I don't understand how any kind of loyalty can be fostered at all, let alone when she finds out what the Governor has done to the group and her friend Michonne.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To be honest, that's exactly what I would have expected her to do. Her character comes off as the vengeful type, the kind of person who would get even. They didn't just steal her wallet or pee in her cereal, they hunted her and tried to kill her.
--- merged: Dec 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM ---

She's known Rick's gang for two years fighting for survival and the Governor all of 2 minutes in white picket fence town. Aside from having done the backside mambo together, I don't understand how any kind of loyalty can be fostered at all, let alone when she finds out what the Governor has done to the group and her friend Michonne.

Yeah I totally didn't get the stand-off with Andrea holding the gun on Michonne when she came into that room. Sure it could have been a WTF moment for Andrea but it makes no sense that she'd hold the gun continuously on Michonne. Keep in mind that Michonne was the one that saved Andrea numerous times, both from zeds and when Andrea was sick and couldn't care for herself. So why Andrea wouldn't naturally trust Michonne, lower the gun and simply ask her WTF is going on just makes no sense at all. None whatsoever.

Clearly Andrea is nothing more than a stupid whore. She's quickly filling the vacuum that Lori left.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

Very much agree with you there. There's a lack of rational thinking in this group with the exception of maybe Darryl for the most part and too much of drama generated by miscommunication and teenage level maturity.

Yeah I totally didn't get the stand-off with Andrea holding the gun on Michonne when she came into that room. Sure it could have been a WTF moment for Andrea but it makes no sense that she'd hold the gun continuously on Michonne. Keep in mind that Michonne was the one that saved Andrea numerous times, both from zeds and when Andrea was sick and couldn't care for herself. So why Andrea wouldn't naturally trust Michonne, lower the gun and simply ask her WTF is going on just makes no sense at all. None whatsoever.

Clearly Andrea is nothing more than a stupid whore. She's quickly filling the vacuum that Lori left.

Traveled with you for a year, we had each others' backs, and you took care of me when I was sick but we're through so I can have a quick lay with a psychotic alpha male.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Funny how no one has discussed the show since it returned for the second half of the 3rd season. :anim_59:

At any rate, here's something that made me laugh (I love The Onion!):

http://www.theonion.com/articles/walking-dead-writers-regret-naming-every-single-ch,31252/

'Walking Dead' Writers Regret Naming Every Single Character 'Rick'

NEWS IN BRIEFEntertainmentISSUE 49•07 • Feb 11, 2013
700.jpg
ATLANTA—As The Walking Dead returns to AMC for the second half of its third season, writers for the popular zombie drama told reporters Monday they are beginning to regret naming absolutely all of the characters in the series “Rick.” “When we started working on that first episode, there were just a few characters, so we figured it didn’t really matter what we called them,” said showrunner Glen Mazzara, whose writing team has since expanded the show’s ensemble cast to more than 50 unique roles, including protagonist Rick Grimes, fan favorite Rick Dixon, and a mysterious, shadowy figure known only within the show’s universe as “Rick.” “As it stands, we’re juggling three seasons’ worth of characters—men, women, children, and even zombies—all of whom are referred to as ‘Rick,’ generally without a last name. Yes, it’s confusing, but what are we supposed to do at this point? Completely change the names of all the show’s characters?” Despite the show’s convoluted naming system, AMC executives have confirmed that Sunday’s midseason premiere—in which Rick and Rick rescue Rick while Rick comes to terms with his guilt over Rick’s death—garnered a record 12.3 million viewers.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Guess they didn't really kill off Lori, she's been reincarnated as Angela. The transformation will be fully complete after she has a kid she can ignore.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I watched my first ep tonight since the return

how many did i miss--i can't tell

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think it is that the show is so centered on "drama" that we're just ignoring it now.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

Don't worry about it, save your brain cells. You should watch Banshee, think Bluce recommended it around here somewhere. It's pretty good and intense, albeit completely predictable.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I missed the entire season...and yet I missed nothing. :anim_59: I may marathon it eventually, but they lost my interest a while back.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I missed the entire season...and yet I missed nothing. :anim_59: I may marathon it eventually, but they lost my interest a while back.

You're right, you haven't missed a goddamn thing with this turd of a show. Sure they upped the action a tad bit this season, but it's still the same forced drama over and over and over. The actions of the characters is beyond stupid as usual. And just when we thought we'd be free of that horrible creature Lori we now have Rick hallucinating seeing her, in a flowing white gown no less. And don't even get me going about Andrea, seriously, her story line is horrendous.

I just watch with the hopes that they'll all be eaten by zombies soon. I know it's a long shot but I'm an optimistic person by nature so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.