"The Walking Dead" Season 2 premiere breaks records

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
You didn't like it? :icon_lol:
its an "ok" ish idea yeah but damn they made it so stupid and by god the CGI :facepalm:
anyway me and the mrs saw it on the bigscreeon in 07 and we both left EXTREEMLY pissed off so i didnt turn out to be the nice neat little movie night we had planned.. i actually think thats the last time we went to the movies....

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just watched the midseason premiere, and how this snooze fest got 8 million viewers watching it is completely beyond me. Season One was a brilliant piece of television, but then it just took that nose dive into mediocrity. What a waste.

its called "getting snookered"! :icon_e_surprised::D

heisenberg

Earl Grey
its an "ok" ish idea yeah but damn they made it so stupid and by god the CGI :facepalm:
anyway me and the mrs saw it on the bigscreeon in 07 and we both left EXTREEMLY pissed off so i didnt turn out to be the nice neat little movie night we had planned.. i actually think thats the last time we went to the movies....

Movies aren't just about special effects. It can be dated but if the premise and story is makes up for it, I'll watch it.

icon_e_wink.gif

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
maybe it is a good idea to prep ourselves for some really sad a$$ed ending once they get cancelled...Everyone will die and TPTB will have some excuse like "its the walking dead-that didn't mean the zombies but the survivors. their existence is doomed and a lost cause--they have no future hence they were the walking dead." or some other lame-o excuse for bad show running.

but by then, TPTB would have made their money and a name for themselves-a resume booster-and to he!! with the viewers.

yes feel free to call me a pessimist

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
maybe it is a good idea to prep ourselves for some really sad a$$ed ending once they get cancelled...Everyone will die and TPTB will have some excuse like "its the walking dead-that didn't mean the zombies but the survivors. their existence is doomed and a lost cause--they have no future hence they were the walking dead." or some other lame-o excuse for bad show running. but by then, TPTB would have made their money and a name for themselves-a resume booster-and to he!! with the viewers. yes feel free to call me a pessimist
TPTB seem to be doing this already. The producer they interviewed on "The Talking Dead" was full of stupid retorts like you just laid out. He was a back peddling, surly defensive apologist who promised the season would pick up and get better. Lots of surprises and crap like that. I think since the rest of the season is already in the can (filmed) there's nothing they can do except to lie about how good it's going to be, blah blah blah. They were definitely on a high from the ratings for the first season and thought they could do no wrong. Didn't take long for them to screw things up though did it? :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
tumblr_lzbvvwxLyF1r5d224o1_500.jpg

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
As I recall, this is the show where the fired just about all the writers and brought in brand new people...

Not a good idea when your formula is working with the original writers.

Meh.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG, last night's episode "Triggerfinger" was incredibly bad. This show is really tanking in my estimation. It's nothing but bad melodrama. Even when there's action to the scenes there's no movement.

Time to give up on this turd. :(

OMNI

OMG, last night's episode "Triggerfinger" was incredibly bad. This show is really tanking in my estimation. It's nothing but bad melodrama. Even when there's action to the scenes there's no movement.

Time to give up on this turd. :(
as you know i gave up after the second episode ;)
but this just secures me not picking it up again so thanks for the intel ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
as you know i gave up after the second episode ;)
but this just secures me not picking it up again so thanks for the intel ;)

OMG OMNI, the second season is far worse than the first one. Seriously, it has devolved into utter crap. It may be an unbelievable premise but the characters and situations are so unrealistic that it is insulting to watch.

I mean this in all seriousness: The British period drama Downton Abbey is far more interesting and compelling than TWD. Seriously. :(

OMNI

OMG OMNI, the second season is far worse than the first one. Seriously, it has devolved into utter crap. It may be an unbelievable premise but the characters and situations are so unrealistic that it is insulting to watch.

I mean this in all seriousness: The British period drama Downton Abbey is far more interesting and compelling than TWD. Seriously. :(
i know bro i saw the full season 1 and it was "OK" too watch as at the time there was nothing else but after watching the first 2 eps of season two i gave up as its just utter CRAAAP! and would you agree that SGU was actually more entertaining?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i know bro i saw the full season 1 and it was "OK" too watch as at the time there was nothing else but after watching the first 2 eps of season two i gave up as its just utter CRAAAP! and would you agree that SGU was actually more entertaining?
sorry to 'interrupt' your conversation....I was just thinking that SGU was a far better show than TWD (so far at least)

at least SGU had some kind of interest to each show...TWD is becoming painful and predictable, i only saw the last scene last night and got what pretty much happened the whole show . at least i dont recall that happening with sgu or for that matter, any other show

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Well, with SGU they actually attempted to make the show better in season 2, which is the opposite of TWD. It's like TWD is turning completely into a soap opera.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
sorry to 'interrupt' your conversation....I was just thinking that SGU was a far better show than TWD (so far at least)

at least SGU had some kind of interest to each show...TWD is becoming painful and predictable, i only saw the last scene last night and got what pretty much happened the whole show . at least i dont recall that happening with sgu or for that matter, any other show

As much as I loath SGU I have to concur somewhat. The pace was slow on SGU and some stuff was idiotic but it wasn't as egregiously insulting to my intelligence as TWD has become.

OMNI

hey man feel free to chime in on any topic you like as imo the more the merrier ;)

Well, with SGU they actually attempted to make the show better in season 2, which is the opposite of TWD. It's like TWD is turning completely into a soap opera.

As much as I loath SGU I have to concur somewhat. The pace was slow on SGU and some stuff was idiotic but it wasn't as egregiously insulting to my intelligence as TWD has become.
AGREED!