"The Walking Dead" Season 2 premiere breaks records

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
just a few things on the finale from my perspective:

Shotgun =yes Hershel must have found one of those guns from the old THE A TEAM, or some other late 70's early 80's show. never ending ammo, no reloads (or jams) and they always hit first shot. the only diff between this and A TEAM is that they both had bullets flying everywhere, at least in DEAD, people/walkers actually get hit (remember A TEAM, no one ever got hit with all that lead flying!)

Rick= Rick is a Pansy. I find it hard to believe that a guy like him even made it through cop school to be a deputy let alone leader of a post-apocalyptic group of zombie blasters. His saying that the group is safe or good to go under his leadership is crazy. Think about it, before he showed up, there was a much larger group reasonably safe on their hilltop/quarry. It seems that Shane and the KKK dude were keeping things 'ship shape' without Rick. Look how much they have lost since his takeover.

The blonde chick (I never remember her name) and the hooded dude with the pet freaks= If they can do a good follow through with this next season, I will have a renewed reason to watch. :joy: So let me guess, the hooded dude is gonna be like a 'vampire, scientist guy', who, now facing a serious lack of suitable nutrition (live people), is conducting anti-walker treatment tests. He has gotta to make the population d\safe for his and other vamps, consumption:icon_e_wink:

But no, I am sure that it will not be anything even remotely close to that.

By the way, seeing how Shane turned so quickly, since everyone is infected- did the two Philly dudes they whacked in the bar turn? I mean Rick and Hersh were hold up in there longer than Rick was crying over his dead buddy, right? I didn't see that ep, but I am assuming they didn't.

thanks for the therapy:icon_eek:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Who knows? Having a logical plot and following it is not what this show is known for.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan

Shotgun =yes Hershel must have found one of those guns from the old THE A TEAM, or some other late 70's early 80's show. never ending ammo, no reloads (or jams) and they always hit first shot. the only diff between this and A TEAM is that they both had bullets flying everywhere, at least in DEAD, people/walkers actually get hit (remember A TEAM, no one ever got hit with all that lead flying!)

Rick= Rick is a Pansy. I find it hard to believe that a guy like him even made it through cop school to be a deputy let alone leader of a post-apocalyptic group of zombie blasters. His saying that the group is safe or good to go under his leadership is crazy. Think about it, before he showed up, there was a much larger group reasonably safe on their hilltop/quarry. It seems that Shane and the KKK dude were keeping things 'ship shape' without Rick. Look how much they have lost since his takeover.

The blonde chick (I never remember her name) and the hooded dude with the pet freaks= If they can do a good follow through with this next season, I will have a renewed reason to watch. :joy: So let me guess, the hooded dude is gonna be like a 'vampire, scientist guy', who, now facing a serious lack of suitable nutrition (live people), is conducting anti-walker treatment tests. He has gotta to make the population d\safe for his and other vamps, consumption:icon_e_wink:

By the way, seeing how Shane turned so quickly, since everyone is infected- did the two Philly dudes they whacked in the bar turn? I mean Rick and Hersh were hold up in there longer than Rick was crying over his dead buddy, right? I didn't see that ep, but I am assuming they didn't.

The hooded dude is actually a dudess actually her name is Michonne

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-3-michonne-danai-gurira-merle-kofi-159867/

And yes I noticed that about that bullets as well

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I love this guy's take on TWD --

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...-recap-leaving-season-2-beside-the-dying-fire

...But what’s done is done. The farm has been put out to pasture. After 19 episodes, one thing that
The Walking Dead has taught us is that zombies only move in one direction: forward. Any nicks, cuts, or sucking chest wounds they acquire along the way are barely noted. And so, too, does the show stagger on, high on ratings but low on logic. My only wish is that when The Walking Dead returns in the fall, it manages to locate what a zombie so desperately craves and what the show itself so desperately needs: brains.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
How about a showdown, we do a co-rewatch of SGU and The Walking Dead! After watching TWD, I could actually do a full rewatch of Stargate Universe. Really, Im serious!

A bad TV show facepalm contest! :joy:

Unfortunately, it is hard enough getting folks to show up for SG1 and SGA. :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The hooded dude is actually a dudess actually her name is Michonne

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-3-michonne-danai-gurira-merle-kofi-159867/

And yes I noticed that about that bullets as well

ok-read it, thanks.

Now I knew there was TWD comic, but I read elsewhere that the show was not necessarily following the comic (the writer is still making comics, so will me never get to see an ending--just more convoluted muck:()

anyhow

On the link I read that this cloaked chic is african amer and uses a samurai sword. Is that it? Will anything get interesting at all?

Maybe I won't tune in after all:(

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

I agree with nearly all of that except about Rick somewhat after watching all of it cause of how everyone was saying how good it was, sigh. And from my view, the wife and kid just serve absolutely no purpose other than 'how can I create more headaches and add melodramatic nonsense'?

Shane went insane to me. He sort of has no compassion and seems to be more motivated by jealousy than anything. He was pretty decent the last season then out of nowhere he decides to go on a jealous rampage. He could communicate his ideas more diplomatically rather than come off all hostile. I think redneck guy and hooded lady should have a whole bunch of children and just go on a global war against the zombies. That'd be entertaining, instead of watching episodes filled with cleaning up the mess of tweedledee and tweedledumbass (kid and wife).

I also hate how everyone seems to be an expert marksman with a shotgun nonetheless. And in moving vehicles on bumpy terrain. Head shot, head shot, head shot. Even the kid, head shot. Seriously? Absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully next season will be more entertaining instead of the diminishing intelligence of the show that seems to be the current trend.

On an aside, at this point I would find a zombie/human shipping more entertaining:

Rick: I love you.
Zombie wife: I wanna eat you!
Rick: *blush*

Rick: Honey, are you feeling sick? You look a little pale...
Zombie wife: I'm a zombie you moron, of course I'm pale!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I agree with nearly all of that except about Rick somewhat after watching all of it cause of how everyone was saying how good it was, sigh. And from my view, the wife and kid just serve absolutely no purpose other than 'how can I create more headaches and add melodramatic nonsense'?

Sheez, that Lori chick is so annoying, her character is straight out of daytime soap. She is whiney, overprotective, and useless to the group. She would have a purpose as bait, but instead we get to see her being nurturing and protective and jealous and :facepalm:. Feed her to the zombies already. :cool:

Shane went insane to me. He sort of has no compassion and seems to be more motivated by jealousy than anything. He was pretty decent the last season then out of nowhere he decides to go on a jealous rampage. He could communicate his ideas more diplomatically rather than come off all hostile. I think redneck guy and hooded lady should have a whole bunch of children and just go on a global war against the zombies. That'd be entertaining, instead of watching episodes filled with cleaning up the mess of tweedledee and tweedledumbass (kid and wife).

Agreed. Shane was becoming my favorite character in the show. But only as long as the blonde chick was also there. I stopped watching it on the episode where Lori told Rick she had sex with Shane. Havent seen an episode since. So, they evidenly killed off Shane, twice? :facepalm:. That just castrated the show, making the redneck guy the only man left with real balls. Rick is a wimp, even with this new stuff they tried with him blowing people away, he just comes off as wimpy and squirrely and weepy.

I also hate how everyone seems to be an expert marksman with a shotgun nonetheless. And in moving vehicles on bumpy terrain. Head shot, head shot, head shot. Even the kid, head shot. Seriously? Absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully next season will be more entertaining instead of the diminishing intelligence of the show that seems to be the current trend.

:thoranime12::rotflmao:

On an aside, at this point I would find a zombie/human shipping more entertaining:

Rick: I love you.
Zombie wife: I wanna eat you!
Rick: *blush*

Rick: Honey, are you feeling sick? You look a little pale...
Zombie wife: I'm a zombie you moron, of course I'm pale!

:laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I see my idea of human-zombie shipping is catching on.. Hopefully the showrunners are not reading this thread....

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Still havent seen a lick of Season 3. Is the token Asian dude still in the show too?
yep---and might i say, he appears to be growing a set of manly accouterments :smiley_joy:

as for token--i dont think that anyone had any plan for him other than to get chomped on..but token 2 is right there to pick up the slack-if there is any

i am drawn to the show-not because i really like it- i never liked the whole zombie thing-but once i start watching something i tend to stick with it, want to see what happens next.

so is 'the walking drama' thread the official season 3 thread?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
yep---and might i say, he appears to be growing a set of manly accouterments :smiley_joy:

as for token--i dont think that anyone had any plan for him other than to get chomped on..but token 2 is right there to pick up the slack-if there is any

i am drawn to the show-not because i really like it- i never liked the whole zombie thing-but once i start watching something i tend to stick with it, want to see what happens next.

so is 'the walking drama' thread the official season 3 thread?

Let's show a little respect. His name is Token S. Preston, Esq. II. He also likes to be called "The Toke" but we just call him Token because we don't take kindly to stereotypes.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Let's show a little respect. His name is Token S. Preston, Esq. II. He also likes to be called "The Toke" but we just call him Token because we don't take kindly to stereotypes.
no, its Jamal Token S. Preston Esq. II

yes I am bored