THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Looks like us cannucks are still without the ability to watch The Expanse . Bummer . Maybe in the new year Amazon will let us watch it . Cancelled Prime again . No use to me as it won't let me watch any thing apparently ,,,. Not one video

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Looks like us cannucks are still without the ability to watch The Expanse . Bummer . Maybe in the new year Amazon will let us watch it . Cancelled Prime again . No use to me as it won't let me watch any thing apparently ,,,. Not one video

For the odd Canadian who visits this site, as I have mentioned more than once, try typing in the above 'Cravetv.ca' site. Now, if you were going to use a laptop or tower to connect to Amazon Prime, then do so for Crave where you can watch the first two seasons of Expanse on a one month free subscription.

After you have pigged-out try watching Bosch, or The Leftovers, or ...

Bell Media owns Space and Cravetv, so you might expect to see the third season there unless Amazon puts the squeeze on.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I was using kodi before but the eps seem different and is flaky as hell .
Now I use my vpn and watch it on Netflix which has the first 2 seasons and it says it's a netflix original series . Guess 3 will come out in a few months . I just want to show support for the show but I have no way to do it right now other than with netflix using my vpn as it is not on Canadian Netflix ...

It says it's available with my Prime membership. I've got it on my watchlist. It does have the SYFY logo attached to it. Oddly enough if I try to access it via a VPN it says it's not available at my location, go figure.

On the bright side you folks in Canadia don't have to pay CBS No Access just to watch our fave show Star Trek Discombobulated, lucky bastards. :drunk:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I was using kodi before but the eps seem different and is flaky as hell .
Now I use my vpn and watch it on Netflix which has the first 2 seasons and it says it's a netflix original series . Guess 3 will come out in a few months . I just want to show support for the show but I have no way to do it right now other than with netflix using my vpn as it is not on Canadian Netflix ...

can it still be watched through syfy rewind (is that what its called still?)

i watched a couple of s1 eps back when s1 was on to catch up

this is what i get just now when i went tothe site

https://www.syfy.com/theexpanse

ep list including s1,2 and 3

https://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/episodes

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Looks like you have to have a TV provider to watch it on stinkn sy-fy . OMG I hate typing that ,,,!sy-fy !!!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
THE BASTARDS!!!!

can't you use a US VPN to get amz prime?
I tried multiple vpn servers and each time it would not play and amazon prime video told me to turn my vpn off to watch a show . Unlike netflix, amazon is on top of vpn blocking I guess.
I use ExpressVPN which is rated 3rd best vpn .
Netflix UK only has season 1 and 2 , not 3 yet. Should be soon tho .
I am watching a season 1 ep right now at my friends place with crave on demand .
;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I tried multiple vpn servers and each time it would not play and amazon prime video told me to turn my vpn off to watch a show . Unlike netflix, amazon is on top of vpn blocking I guess.
I am watching a season 1 ep right now at my friends place with crave on demand .
;)
As far as I'm aware we don't have such issues watching Amazon Prime USA over here in UK using our VPN. I haven't tried, but my wife told me she has.

I just gave it a try. I can access Prime Video USA using our VPN just fine. Only season 1 and 2 are available for Prime members though. Season 3 is available but you have to pay for it on the side.

We specifically pay for a dedicated IP VPN. This means that no one else can use the same IP. This makes it appear as if we're a single unit in USA somewhere. Your VPN is probably a general one which is used by many different people and is therefore easily recognizable and probably puts up a red flag. I think we pay like 8 pounds a month for the VPN and then an additional 4 pounds for the private IP.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
ExpressVPN is a very good vpn and my vpn is not shared as far as I know . I will do a live chat with ExpressVPN to see what's up . I had issues initially with Netflix but it was resolved quickly after I did the live chat .
Also with the vpn off I was still unable to watch even one show or movie with the 30 day free trial . Not a one , so I cancelled it for the second time .
https://vpnspecial.com/long-review/...V0bXACh2VGQ1gEAAYAiAAEgIHdvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
;)

well there you have it.... there was never a better reason to uproot en total and migrate to the US OF A!! HOO--AH!!! ( :) ) How can those bastards block you from the best show on?

dis--picable!

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Look on the bright side, when the STD 2 virus is promulgated in 2019 we will get it for free.

Bell Media( owner of Cravetv and SPACE ) supposedly owns 40 per cent of the studio where Expanse is filmed so they are probably doing their best to get some bang for their bucks.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It says it's available with my Prime membership. I've got it on my watchlist. It does have the SYFY logo attached to it. Oddly enough if I try to access it via a VPN it says it's not available at my location, go figure.

On the bright side you folks in Canadia don't have to pay CBS No Access just to watch our fave show Star Trek Discombobulated, lucky bastards. :drunk:

I have it on my Prime. But because I love this show, I have gone ahead and downloaded every episode so I don't have to be a slave to my online services.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just looked over Amazon prime video and there is nothing on there I would watch other than the Expansive . I was hoping for a download section but they only have blue ray and dvd . Only one 3 season's dvd bundle left so going to grab it to support the cause . Long live The Expanse !!!
;)