THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What I love about The Expanse is that it isn't just about the Rocinante. Its about all of the factions and the characters in those factions as well.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I keep finding more and more interestng stuff from 2 years ago . Just amazing to see the interest so early on in the series .
Have we already posted this ?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well now that I have Amazon Prime I can catch up on this show. :)

Wow, you are in for a treat. They do NOTHING wrong in this show. No missteps, no superfluous soapy drama, nothing that does not add to the story. And an added bonus is that the novels were written first, and since the authors are also the showrunners, we get a truly superior translation of novel into series. It's FLAWLESS. Nothing to compare it to really.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So originally I watched this show with kodi but now am watching it threw netflix using my London East End vpn connection . Kodi cut a shit load of scenes out and I am in even bigger awe of this show . Just blowing my mind . Screw kodi . Done with that crap .
Anyway it's all new to me it seems .
Mind blown over and over ,,,
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
One of the strengths of the show is that it stays on target. No wasted episodes on side items not relevant to the main story - the show stays zeroed in on the main plot points and keeps them moving.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One of the strengths of the show is that it stays on target. No wasted episodes on side items not relevant to the main story - the show stays zeroed in on the main plot points and keeps them moving.

I have watched the entire series twice already. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I am pacing myself right now. Seen it twice. Don't want to watch it so often that I get to a point when I see three seconds of an ep and there's no point watching the rest coz I can play the rest of it in my head. At least not yet. Probably gonna wait until the next season comes along.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am pacing myself right now. Seen it twice. Don't want to watch it so often that I get to a point when I see three seconds of an ep and there's no point watching the rest coz I can play the rest of it in my head. At least not yet. Probably gonna wait until the next season comes along.

Me too. I burn out on stuff like that sometimes too. :) I can literally recite lines in some TOS episodes.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Who the hell is the guy beside Julie's sister ? Looks like a young Al Pacino

Do you have a timestamp reference from that video where I can see him?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Do you have a timestamp reference from that video where I can see him?
That still pic of the group . I think it is supposed to be Errinwright standing right beside Drummer.
Don't push the play button
Errinwright has a round face , not that chisseled look ,,,sheese !

;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So tell me how you guys are watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime ? I can't even get it to play any thing and the search in prime is not finding anything to do with The Expanse .
I am getting the warning ( this video is unavailable in your area) but it won't let me use my vpn at all
;(

So tell me how you guys are watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime ? I can't even get it to play any thing and the search in prime is not finding anything to do with The Expanse .
I am getting the warning ( this video is unavailable in your area) but it won't let me use my vpn at all
;(

I haven't started watching it yet. I'm working my way thru a bunch of stuff first. I'll let you know as soon as I try though.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I keep finding more and more interestng stuff from 2 years ago . Just amazing to see the interest so early on in the series .
Have we already posted this ?

there are a few vids wit hthe authors speaking on writing the books from before the show was made