THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just in case any of you happen to find yourself in the vicinity of SDCC, which I'm guessing stands for San Diego Comic Con.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Home of the Rosinante

1D4196A0-A6F4-468C-A071-4C6D2C85AA85.jpeg
3EA98255-18B8-4169-A3AD-461FE387F453.jpeg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I believe it's Roccinante. Or something like that. But the ship was renamed in season 3. Everyone keeps using the former name though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I believe it's Roccinante. Or something like that. But the ship was renamed in season 3. Everyone keeps using the former name though.

Its Rocinante. And the ship was only renamed in Season 3 to avoid identification by the UNN and Mars fleets. The ship was originally named the Tachi when it was in the MCRN fleet. Holden's crew captures it and named it Rocinante. In Season 3, it was renamed Pinus Contorta but is still the Rocinante and will go back to that name.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Thanks guys . I had no idea how to spell it unless I had a pic of the ship in front of me . Spelled it like it sounded lol . Did that post off my phone on the go ...
Looks like space ship bit's in the background right ? Not from the Rocci tho ? ,,, Not sure
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I got Naomi.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I’m pretty sure with the types of questions they ask that you’re only getting one of the original four Roci crew. I don’t see how you can be Avarsarala or Bobbie Draper for example.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I’m pretty sure with the types of questions they ask that you’re only getting one of the original four Roci crew. I don’t see how you can be Avarsarala or Bobbie Draper for example.

The pundits want us to coalesce around the crew of the Rocinante like we do for Star Trek (pre-Abrams) and Firefly and Star Wars. But The Expanse gives us so many varied characters across so many factions to root for. Even Miller, who is no longer human.