THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
One wonders exactly how Amazon is going to present this. How many episodes and of what length will each be? Will they release it all at once or one at a time? Judging by their other series they don't have a fixed length per episode and seem to just go with whatever works best.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One wonders exactly how Amazon is going to present this. How many episodes and of what length will each be? Will they release it all at once or one at a time? Judging by their other series they don't have a fixed length per episode and seem to just go with whatever works best.

I think that Alcon is going to present the episodes complete and uncut, and that Amazon will air them exactly as presented. They don't need any sort of "slot", and they are going to be selling the episodes individually and as a series, like they are doing Season 3 (my guess).

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So are there more books of the Expanse ? Or were the books covered with just what we saw so far ?
I think I will buy them and give them a read ...
;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So are there more books of the Expanse ? Or were the books covered with just what we saw so far ?
;)
If I understood the others correctly there are many more books and still new material coming. ???

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh yes! We’ve only completed book three. There are another four plus shorts.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
;)

Yes, there are several, and a new trilogy is being written as well. The next book is Cibola Burn. The first season was Leviathan Wakes+Caliban's War, then Season 2 was the end of Caliban's War+Abaddon's Gate, so the next season will end Abaddon's Gate and start Cibola Burn.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Have you guys read all the books ? If so , no spoilers please until they air ,,,I know you would not anyway .

;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Have you guys read all the books ? If so , no spoilers please until they air ,,,I know you would not anyway .

;)

I just finished Cibola Burn last week. The next book after that is called Nemesis Games, and I have not started it yet. It will probably be started in the series towards the end of Season 4, if they do it like they have been doing. Season 5 would be Nemesis Games mostly. The books are so very close to the series that they are spoilers in themselves. But the series fleshes out details that the books sometimes miss. Also, events and characters come into the story at different times than in the books.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I just finished Cibola Burn last week. The next book after that is called Nemesis Games, and I have not started it yet. It will probably be started in the series towards the end of Season 4, if they do it like they have been doing. Season 5 would be Nemesis Games mostly. The books are so very close to the series that they are spoilers in themselves. But the series fleshes out details that the books sometimes miss. Also, events and characters come into the story at different times than in the books.

The problem is that the books really deserve an old fashioned 22 episode season for each novel in the series. That way there would be one season for each book.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Most people seem to be getting Holden. So you're special.