THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Next week is two hours to wrap the season up. I fully expect they will carry us right to the end of Abaddon's Gate since we are pretty close now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Next week is two hours to wrap the season up. I fully expect they will carry us right to the end of Abaddon's Gate since we are pretty close now.

I keep forgetting the day this show is aired. I just go and grab it after a week or so. I will be paying for Season 4, but right now I have been going alternate routes for Season 3. So is Episode 11 aired?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Amazon films "The Man In The High Castle" in Vancouver, but I don't think Alcon will be leaving Toronto anytime, especially if the sets have not been struck. Pinewood Studios is a big operation in itself. The original Pinewood Studios in London is still there, as well as another in Atlanta.

I would bet big money that XF effects for the show are produced all over the place such as in New York, Vancouver, and probably most in London - at least until BREX-it happens.

I will add-in that it looks like "Discovery" is filmed there as well.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Episode 11 aired yesterday. Airing day is Wednesday.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
How did you like episode 11? I liked it a lot in part because Drummer got a good amount of dialogue and they filled in her character.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How did you like episode 11? I liked it a lot in part because Drummer got a good amount of dialogue and they filled in her character.

Loved the episode. Lots of meat on it. And you are right about Drummer. Her loss was poignant and the whole episode had a feel good vibe. I am so grateful that we are assured a Season 4 of this series!

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Episode 11 was a good one. If you're not IN the show already then it probably would look like a mess, but if you've been following the show then yes it was good. I find I don't really have a lot to say about the show however, except for that I look forward to every next episode.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don’t be so sure Drummer is dead..... :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don’t be so sure Drummer is dead..... :)

I'm gonna check my book. :) BTW you never answered my question about Cibola Burn. Have you read it yet?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep! I did a Cibola Burn read through.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Episode 11 was a good one. If you're not IN the show already then it probably would look like a mess, but if you've been following the show then yes it was good. I find I don't really have a lot to say about the show however, except for that I look forward to every next episode.

Probably. This is one place a serialized show differs from a more episodic one. You need the prior episode for this one to really "click" as a lot of it is sorting out the fallout from the Ring Station slamming on the brakes (literally).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Remember, two episodes showing tomorrow and that is it for SyFy! Next season coming to us on Amazon!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Remember, two episodes showing tomorrow and that is it for SyFy! Next season coming to us on Amazon!
Two hour long season 3 finale is tonight! Though I won't be able to see it until tomorrow at the earliest of course, which means I might not watch until the weekend even.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I can't say enough as to how much I am hooked on this show . It cannot be compared to any other Sci-Fi show that I can think of . It stands on it's own as a brilliant masterpiece !!! There is nothing else that I want to watch ,,,

;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just got done watching the two part finale, and it deserves a lengthy post but I am worried about going spoiler crazy. For now I'll just say.....now THAT is how to do a season finale!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just got done watching the two part finale, and it deserves a lengthy post but I am worried about going spoiler crazy. For now I'll just say.....now THAT is how to do a season finale!

NO! Not yet. I have not seen it yet. Please wait. Thanks!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How are you viewing this show? Syfy or Amazon or somewhere else?

I am downloading it, but my source has to wait until it is aired, and then the commercials have to be edited out. I will check Kodi.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I DVRed it off of SyFy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I DVRed it off of SyFy.

Both 12 and 13 are on Kodi! Watching in HD right now. :) Go ahead and post what you want (use spoilers please for the other members). I know the story, but the episode will play it out visually. I will come back later after watching the episodes. :)