THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm not totally sure but I think he may see through them.

Interesting....but rewatching it shows me that is probably true.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, the Expanse fanbase conducted what should be looked at by other fanbases as a model "save our show" campaign. They researched to determine the most fruitful targets where the Expanse would be a fit and likely to get multiple seasons and then did an imaginatively styled full court press. And to be honest the two places where the Expanse would be the best fit were indeed Amazon and Netflix. And between the two Amazon is the best because it has the largest reach (and also that Netflix is being a little gun shy just now after getting burned for over $100 million on STD).

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah it was a good campaign. I was happy to be a part of it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If you watched this weeks episode (great episode) a LOT of information was revealed.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Have people watched the latest episode so it can be discussed?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, since no one answered let's go ahead.

To me this episode was comparable in some ways to the episode last season that concluded Leviathan Wakes. The fairly massive info dump to Holden by the Ring Station felt like the closing moments of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Also Bobbie got back into action but alas some actions when they confronted Holden caused the Ring defenses to react against everyone with devastating effect. If you have not seen it I HIGHLY recommend doing so.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, since no one answered let's go ahead.

To me this episode was comparable in some ways to the episode last season that concluded Leviathan Wakes. The fairly massive info dump to Holden by the Ring Station felt like the closing moments of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Also Bobbie got back into action but alas some actions when they confronted Holden caused the Ring defenses to react against everyone with devastating effect. If you have not seen it I HIGHLY recommend doing so.

You never have to wait for the rest of us if you want to discuss an episode! :) I think that for those who have not read the books or seen the episode, spoilers are probably a good idea, but you never have to wait. I just got the episode, and I will watch it tonight. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Holy crap . Was riding my Concours yesterday and I see a girl in a new blue convertible Camaro . Pretty sure it was Frankie Adams .
;)

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So did you see it yet OM?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
NICE episode tonight! Lighter on action but good character development especially for Drummer (Cara Gee had a lot of screen time and handled it well). We are now positioned for the finale events of Abaddon's Gate.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Apparently they had the facilities Alcon wanted at a better price than elsewhere.

I wonder where they will do the following seasons as with Amazon they will have less budget constraints?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I am still to watch episode 11. Other than that I'm up to speed.