Star Wars #7 Character Details

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait, so they said this at that link:

Everything outside of the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, The Clone Wars television show, and the upcoming Rebels, is now out, and LucasArts has justified its decision in a recent blog post on its official website.

So, doesn't that take the items out marked in red?

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
The Clone Wars 2.16 - Cat and Mouse
The Clone Wars 1.16 - The Hidden Enemy
The Clone Wars (film)
The Clone Wars 3.01 - Supply Lines
The Clone Wars 3.03 - Clone Cadets
The Clone Wars 1.01 - Ambush
The Clone Wars 1.02 - Rising Malevolence
The Clone Wars 1.03 - Shadow of Malevolence
The Clone Wars 1.04 - Destroy Malevolence
The Clone Wars 1.05 - Rookies
The Clone Wars 1.06 - Downfall of a Droid
The Clone Wars 1.07 - Duel of the Droids
The Clone Wars 1.08 - Bombad Jedi
The Clone Wars 1.09 - Cloak of Darkness
The Clone Wars 1.10 - Lair of Grievous
The Clone Wars 1.11 - Dooku Captured
The Clone Wars 1.12 - The Gungan General
The Clone Wars 1.13 - Jedi Crash
The Clone Wars 1.14 - Defenders of Peace
The Clone Wars 1.15 - Trespass
The Clone Wars 1.17 - Blue Shadow Virus
The Clone Wars 1.18 - Mystery of a Thousand Moons
The Clone Wars 1.19 - Storm Over Ryloth
The Clone Wars 1.20 - Innocents of Ryloth
The Clone Wars 1.21 - Liberty on Ryloth
The Clone Wars 2.01 - Holocron Heist
The Clone Wars 2.02 - Cargo of Doom
The Clone Wars 2.03 - Children of the Force
The Clone Wars 2.17 - Bounty Hunters
The Clone Wars 2.18 - The Zillo Beast
The Clone Wars 2.19 - The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
The Clone Wars 2.04 - Senate Spy
The Clone Wars 2.05 - Landing at Point Rain
The Clone Wars 2.06 - Weapons Factory
The Clone Wars 2.07 - Legacy of Terror
The Clone Wars 2.08 - Brain Invaders
The Clone Wars 2.09 - Grievous Intrigue
The Clone Wars 2.10 - The Deserter
The Clone Wars 2.11 - Lightsaber Lost
The Clone Wars 2.12 - The Mandalore Plot
The Clone Wars 2.13 - Voyage of Temptation
The Clone Wars 2.14 - Duchess of Mandalore
The Clone Wars 2.20 - Death Trap
The Clone Wars 2.21 - R2 Come Home
The Clone Wars 2.22 - Lethal Trackdown
The Clone Wars 3.05 - Corruption
The Clone Wars 3.06 - The Academy
The Clone Wars 3.07 - Assassin
The Clone Wars 3.02 - ARC Troopers
The Clone Wars 3.04 - Sphere of Influence
The Clone Wars 3.08 - Evil Plans
The Clone Wars 1.22 - Hostage Crisis
The Clone Wars 3.09 - Hunt for Ziro
The Clone Wars 3.10 - Heroes on Both Sides
The Clone Wars 3.11 - Pursuit of Peace
The Clone Wars 2.15 - Senate Murders
The Clone Wars 3.12 - Nightsisters
The Clone Wars 3.13 - Monster
The Clone Wars 3.14 - Witches of the Mist
The Clone Wars 3.15 - Overlords
The Clone Wars 3.16 - Altar of Mortis
The Clone Wars 3.17 - Ghosts of Mortis
The Clone Wars 3.18 - The Citadel
The Clone Wars 3.19 - Counterattack
The Clone Wars 3.20 - Citadel Rescue
The Clone Wars 3.21 - Padawan Lost
The Clone Wars 3.22 - Wookiee Hunt
The Clone Wars 4.01 - Water War
The Clone Wars 4.02 - Gungan Attack
The Clone Wars 4.03 - Prisoners
The Clone Wars 4.04 - Shadow Warrior
The Clone Wars 4.05 - Mercy Mission
The Clone Wars 4.06 - Nomad Droids
The Clone Wars 4.07 - Darkness on Umbara
The Clone Wars 4.08 - The General
The Clone Wars 4.09 - Plan of Dissent
The Clone Wars 4.10 - Carnage of Krell
The Clone Wars 4.11 - Kidnapped
The Clone Wars 4.12 - Slaves of the Republic
The Clone Wars 4.13 - Escape from Kadavo
The Clone Wars 4.14 - A Friend in Need
The Clone Wars 4.15 - Deception
The Clone Wars 4.16 - Friends and Enemies
The Clone Wars 4.17 - The Box
The Clone Wars 4.18 - Crisis on Naboo
The Clone Wars 4.19 - Massacre
The Clone Wars 4.20 - Bounty
The Clone Wars 4.21 - Brothers
The Clone Wars 4.22 - Revenge
The Clone Wars 5.02 - A War on Two Fronts
The Clone Wars 5.03 - Front Runners
The Clone Wars 5.04 - The Soft War
The Clone Wars 5.05 - Tipping Points
The Clone Wars 5.06 - The Gathering
The Clone Wars 5.07 - A Test of Strength
The Clone Wars 5.08 - Bound for Rescue
The Clone Wars 5.09 - A Necessary Bond
The Clone Wars 5.10 - Secret Weapons
The Clone Wars 5.11 - A Sunny Day in the Void
The Clone Wars 5.12 - Missing in Action
The Clone Wars 5.13 - Point of No Return
The Clone Wars 5.01 - Revival
The Clone Wars 5.14 - Eminence
The Clone Wars 5.15 - Shades of Reason
The Clone Wars 5.16 - The Lawless
The Clone Wars 5.17 - Sabotage
The Clone Wars 5.18 - The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
The Clone Wars 5.19 - To Catch a Jedi
The Clone Wars 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi
The Clone Wars 6.01 - The Unknown
The Clone Wars 6.02 - Conspiracy
The Clone Wars 6.03 - Fugitive
The Clone Wars 6.04 - Orders
The Clone Wars 6.05 - An Old Friend
The Clone Wars 6.06 - The Rise of Clovis
The Clone Wars 6.07 - Crisis at the Heart
The Clone Wars 6.08 - The Disappeared, Part I
The Clone Wars 6.09 - The Disappeared, Part II
The Clone Wars 6.10 - The Lost One
The Clone Wars 6.11 - Voices
The Clone Wars 6.12 - Destiny
The Clone Wars 6.13 - Sacrifice
Comic: The Clone Wars - Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Novel: Lords of the Sith
Novel: A New Dawn

Rebels (TV series)
Novel: Tarkin [unconfirmed timeline placement]
Episode IV: A New Hope
Novel: Heir to the Jedi
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Episode VII: Title TBA
Episode VIII: Title TBA
Episode IX: Title TBA

How the hell can they do this? I think a huge part of the integration of EC Trek to actual Trek was made possible by Paramount's willingness to bend to the will of the Trekkies for so long. They are not doing that anymore, but Uhura's first name Nyota came from the EC as did Sulu's first name Hikaru, and Kirk's middle name Tiberius. Several shuttles got names from fan fiction as well.

To me, this is sacrilege. And I think the fans might just have more control of the canon than Lucasfilm recognizes at the moment.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
And it is writing that is critical here. What was the biggest failing of the prequels so that even among more casual moviegoers when they get referenced it is as a joke? Bad, bad writing and overuse of CGI. If Kasdan gets the writing back up to par (and judging by his track record he is a very good choice for that effort) then that leaves the "look" aspect. Disney is not stupid - they know Star Wars has an iconic look and feel and that any new film has to retain that look and feel. So if they sit on Abrams and make sure he sticks to established look and feel this could work well.

Before Kasdan was brought in I had zero hopes...with him writing I have guarded optimism.

Just playing Devil's advocate a bit here but if Disney has to babysit Abrams why even use him at all? Why not get a no-name to direct this one so TPTB can keep him/her more easily on a leash? I'm with OM1 on this one in that I don't see what Abrams is bringing to the party.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just playing Devil's advocate a bit here but if Disney has to babysit Abrams why even use him at all? Why not get a no-name to direct this one so TPTB can keep him/her more easily on a leash? I'm with OM1 on this one in that I don't see what Abrams is bringing to the party.

They are using Abrams because they THINK they dont have to babysit him. They are going to "trust" him with it, based on his "success" with Trek and because he is the current Darling. This is why I think the Disney brass will just allow him a very long leash and will let him "do his thing" with the movie in a large part. Im predicting tears for Star Wars fans. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

I suspect part of it is that, while WE don't care for him JJ Abrams is a "bankable" director. Having his name on a film does put some butts in seats. Beyond that he did show in ST09 that he can make "Star Wars" feeling scenes on a screen.

As to how much authority he has, I do wonder. He wasn't the one who called in Lawrence Kasdan - Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm did and for the stated reason that they needed some who fundamentally understands Star Wars and how a Star Wars story needs to work. And really there isn't a screenwriter (and maybe even author in general) out there who understands Star Wars as well or better than Kasdan.

I'm not saying SWVII is an automatic good film, just that we're hearing production details that are encouraging (such as their addressing the bad writing issue that killed the prequels up front).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I suspect part of it is that, while WE don't care for him JJ Abrams is a "bankable" director. Having his name on a film does put some butts in seats. Beyond that he did show in ST09 that he can make "Star Wars" feeling scenes on a screen.

As to how much authority he has, I do wonder. He wasn't the one who called in Lawrence Kasdan - Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm did and for the stated reason that they needed some who fundamentally understands Star Wars and how a Star Wars story needs to work. And really there isn't a screenwriter (and maybe even author in general) out there who understands Star Wars as well or better than Kasdan.

I'm not saying SWVII is an automatic good film, just that we're hearing production details that are encouraging (such as their addressing the bad writing issue that killed the prequels up front).

It will be a blockbuster, no doubt. But at what cost to the franchise overall? I agree, Abrams is seen as "Money Boy" right now. But his style is fast and furious, with a wreck at the end. He made a fortune on ST09, and STID did not doi as well, but still did second best. But what did he do to the long term viability of Trek? He ruined it. He could do the same with Star Wars. Come out strong, and burn out early.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Into Darkness outgrossed ST2009 by 467 million to 09's 386 million.

I think the real question is how much leash he has. You deem it longer than I do. I keep looking at things like "why weren't Abrams pet writing team of Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof brought to Star Wars"? That tells me that Disney through Lucasfilm is keeping eyes on this project.

Plus, what really screwed up Into Darkness? The script. The script was illogical nonsense that was not only extremely disrespectful of even the limited Trek canon they had in play and needed to respect but was also not even a sound action film script. And who wrote that script and screenplay? Orci and Lindelof - particularly Lindelof who also inflicted the illogical mess known as Prometheus on us. And after Orci's idiotic remarks on casting Benedict Cumberlatch as Khan he has to be rated as an A List hack too.

Abrams occasional silliness in visual items would not have been a big deal if paired with a properly written script. Alas it wasn't.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Wait, so they said this at that link:

So, doesn't that take the items out marked in red?
No, those ones have been allowed to remain Canon
How the hell can they do this? I think a huge part of the integration of EC Trek to actual Trek was made possible by Paramount's willingness to bend to the will of the Trekkies for so long. They are not doing that anymore, but Uhura's first name Nyota came from the EC as did Sulu's first name Hikaru, and Kirk's middle name Tiberius. Several shuttles got names fro m fan fiction as well.
Well, some things that were EU have become full Canon in SW, Coruscant was a fan name, several elements of TCW are drawn from the EU as well. Even some of the Jedi and races seen in SW 2-3 are from the EU. There has been crossovers, but pretty much anything written *after* ROTJ has been airlocked.

To me, this is sacrilege. And I think the fans might just have more control of the canon than Lucasfilm recognizes at the moment.
Fans have no control over official canon, they can only vote with their feet and wallets. I have all of these for example: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Star_Wars_Fact_File
And now they have been basically shit-canned, and I am damned if I am gonna get the "new" version of it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually Into Darkness outgrossed ST2009 by 467 million to 09's 386 million.

I think the real question is how much leash he has. You deem it longer than I do. I keep looking at things like "why weren't Abrams pet writing team of Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof brought to Star Wars"? That tells me that Disney through Lucasfilm is keeping eyes on this project.

Its because they are needed for Star Trek III.

Plus, what really screwed up Into Darkness? The script. The script was illogical nonsense that was not only extremely disrespectful of even the limited Trek canon they had in play and needed to respect but was also not even a sound action film script. And who wrote that script and screenplay? Orci and Lindelof - particularly Lindelof who also inflicted the illogical mess known as Prometheus on us. And after Orci's idiotic remarks on casting Benedict Cumberlatch as Khan he has to be rated as an A List hack too.

Abrams occasional silliness in visual items would not have been a big deal if paired with a properly written script. Alas it wasn't.

ST2009 gave us the Enterprise GT and transwarp beaming, red matter and a blown up Vulcan. Into Darkness dug in the transwarp beaming, created the magic blood from a ridiculous caricature of Kahn which makes death curable and gave us the very first boyfriend/girlfriend crew fight seen on Star Trek since B'Elanna and Tom Paris on Voyager.

The damage done to Trek is not fixable if this timeline is continued. The only thing good about NuTrek is the excellent cast they have chosen.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Out of your list the only thing that is not writing is the look of the Enterprise. And that is not that big a thing really.

As to the three stooges, only Orci remains. Kurtzman and Lindelof were removed in favor of Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne. And there also seem to be questions on whether Orci will be out next as he wanted to direct but they have Joe Cornish currently in that role.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Out of your list the only thing that is not writing is the look of the Enterprise. And that is not that big a thing really.

As to the three stooges, only Orci remains. Kurtzman and Lindelof were removed in favor of Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne. And there also seem to be questions on whether Orci will be out next as he wanted to direct but they have Joe Cornish currently in that role.

At this point, Trek is ruined. It wont really matter who is writing if we have curable death, transwarp beaming, a lovestruck Spock and PMS Uhura, a destroyed Vulcan, Blingons, Carol "Do Me" Marcus, and the Enterprise GT with it's Apple bridge and its brewery engine room.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm simply pointing out that the culprit was writing and that those same perps are not writing either Star Trek 3 or Star Wars VII.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I believe you and I discussed in a thread a couple of years ago about location shoots and the personnel and the extreme waste of money. I say we are looking at about $500,000-$1,000,000 worth of setup trailers, tents, personnel, food and other logistics. Why the Abu Dhabi Desert in Saudi Arabia? What was wrong with the Mojave? Is the sand any different? Are the hundreds of miles of desert sand different somehow? :facepalm:. But some gullibles will be impressed when they say "Star Wars VII is the most expensive movie ever produced!". A $50,000 hammer bought by the DoD is nothing compared to the cost of ONE location shoot for a major production, especially in a foreign land. Starbucks catering alone is thousands.

Im hoping for the best, and of the two properties of Trek and Star Wars, only Star Wars has promise because Trek is still being written by the hacks Lindelof and Orci and Kurtzman. Its done. But my spidey senses tell me that JJ will fatally wound Star Wars with additions and too much flash and flare and movement. Thinking that JJ can pull this off after his work on Trek anbd before that, is like expecting to see roses spring forth from a mound of dog poo.

LIGHTING, stable ie it will look the same all the time also no rain or other weather issues that may cause delays in shooting. stop being daft when it comes to photography and film especially stop claiming you know jacjk shit when you obviously dont (remember you are the fucktard o said an iphone camera 1080p looks just as good as film or a 4k red. FACEPALM!)
sure shit is expansive BUT it will look Worth every buck unlie cheaping out and going to the mojave that EVERYONE who has ever seen a holllywood action Movie will recognize as oh thats that Hollywood desert on the west coast...

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
That does not answer the question. The deserts in Tunisia do not look different than the deserts of the Gobi, the Mojave, the Sahara or any other desert. Location shots in cities and other known locales cannot be substituted, but to say that this is okay because they shot the Trilogy in Tunisia still does not make sense. It is like saying that 100 square miles of the Atlantic ocean are different than 100 square miles of the Pacific Ocean or the Sea of China or the Gulf of Mexico.

The film is going to be substantially CGI because it just isn't financially feasible to do it any other way. I think if you are hoping for real sets, you are in for a big disappointment. Maybe one large interior and maybe a few generic exteriors, but most of it is going to be composites CGI.
YES THEY DO! perhaps you would know this if you had traveled or i donno looked at more then 1 fucking Picture of a desert or understood the BASICS of lighting and lighting phenomena for film...

Christ why the fuck am i even in this thread...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm simply pointing out that the culprit was writing and that those same perps are not writing either Star Trek 3 or Star Wars VII.

I agree it's the writing at issue here, but OM1 makes good points in that the die has been cast in terms of this new ST universe. Even with new writers in the stable they will have to work with what has already been laid down.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LIGHTING, stable ie it will look the same all the time also no rain or other weather issues that may cause delays in shooting. stop being daft when it comes to photography and film especially stop claiming you know jacjk shit when you obviously dont (remember you are the fucktard o said an iphone camera 1080p looks just as good as film or a 4k red. FACEPALM!)

Makes sense about the lighting...the other shit...dude, you need to seriously learn something about COMMUNICATION WITH PEOPLE. you are like a fucking caveman when it comes to that. And unless you yourself are on the fucking Star Wars filming crew, stop acting like you are all that. You yourself said you are an amateur. (but you are obviously not an amateur). But you are guessing like everyone else here.

sure shit is expansive BUT it will look Worth every buck unlie cheaping out and going to the mojave that EVERYONE who has ever seen a holllywood action Movie will recognize as oh thats that Hollywood desert on the west coast...

Nobody going to this next SW movie will give a shit about that. They will be inundated with lens flares, flash bang and shaky cam scenes anyhow. The desert on Tattooine in the movie didnt look like anything special to me and still doesnt. It was in Tunisia? So fucking what.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YES THEY DO! perhaps you would know this if you had traveled or i donno looked at more then 1 fucking Picture of a desert or understood the BASICS of lighting and lighting phenomena for film...

Christ why the fuck am i even in this thread...

I have traveled. I have camped and also done military exercises in the desert at Twentynine Palms, and been to the desert LOTS of times...hundreds. But I dont have to travel very far to find desert. There is the Mojave, Death Valley, the Colorado desert, the deserts of Indio where Palm Springs is...how many deserts are in Sweden? How many times have YOU been to a fucking desert? Shut the fuck up.

Death Valley:

DeathValley2_L.jpg

Tunisia:

Tunisia-Desert-Dune.jpg

The Gobi in China:

Gobi-desert-sand-dunes-3.jpg

Red Desert of Australia:

Red-Desert-Simpson-Desert-Australia.jpg

The Desert of Sweden:

swedish cake.jpg

Wait......:P

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Do those deserts look the same?

They dont look different enough to justify flying tons of set props and spending millions to use the one in Arabia. Its padding the production budget, like they did in Waterworld and Postman and the original Star Wars. The same lighting and production issues OMNI mentioned apply to ANY desert anywhere. After all, that is why they are deserts to begin with.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
why do you even fucking bother? obviously the crackhead is FUCKED IN THE SKULL! and just stubornly retarded.

You are the stubborn crackhead retarded in the skull. Havent tortured your small animal for the day? Try traps. Maybe bacon or some butcher scraps?