Star Wars #7 Character Details

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Here is the casting template for characters in the next Star Wars movie:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06...etails/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We’ve got our hands on the first real casting breakdowns of characters from the next Star Wars movie. What’s more, we’ve verified that these are lead characters – though not necessarily to be billed in the order below.

I want to stress Bleeding Cool have 100% confirmed that the following is accurate and that the open casting started today in the UK.

-Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.​
-Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.​
-A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.​
-Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.​
-A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.​
-Forty something male, fit, military type.​
-Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.​

Are these character details, or dating profiles? GSOH, physically fit…

But seeing as they’re looking for two teenage girls, chances are that rumour about a teenage female lead has something to it…

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sounds like the Solo kids and Luke's kids.

I wonder about the "seventy something male with strong opinions and tough demeanor". Sounds like Han? Is Harrison Ford already signed for this one? (I thought he was but I could be pulling that out of the confused ball of cotton candy that is my mind)
--- merged: Jun 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM ---
Sounds like Twilight: The Space Movie.

Hell dude, you could audition for "fit forty-something military type". Give it a go and make us proud! :smiley_joy:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I wonder about the "seventy something male with strong opinions and tough demeanor". Sounds like Han? Is Harrison Ford already signed for this one? (I thought he was but I could be pulling that out of the confused ball of cotton candy that is my mind)
IF he is, (and the rumours *have* been out there that all 3 of them have been signed), why would he appear on a casting call sheet except as misdirection?

No one that age springs to mind from the EU, at least no one that age if we assume that the younger characters are the kids.......

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
IF he is, (and the rumours *have* been out there that all 3 of them have been signed), why would he appear on a casting call sheet except as misdirection?

No one that age springs to mind from the EU, at least no one that age if we assume that the younger characters are the kids.......

That's what I wondered as it doesn't make sense. Maybe it's misdirection or maybe there's another old character that needs casting.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Can only hope they continue the frame work set from the previous movies, that being the child of Han Solo and Leia would be the chosen one to bring order to the Force. Coupled with Luke's reformed Jedi order, and the Empire isn't really defeated as such its still around just not as powerful. Also I doubt Luke would have kids, since that is against the Jedi order I presume, however we are dealing with a new generation of retarded writers (aka they graduated from the crayola school of english literature) so who knows, maybe someone will actually keep their light sabre sheathed if you know what I mean.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh my, that's a helluva back story. Makes me wonder how convoluted this next series of movies will be. :confused0076::daniel_new004::disturbed:

I would say they would ignore most of the backstory and just use the character name, if anything. This *IS* JJ we are talking about here :lol:
--- merged: Jun 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM ---
Can only hope they continue the frame work set from the previous movies, that being the child of Han Solo and Leia would be the chosen one to bring order to the Force. Coupled with Luke's reformed Jedi order, and the Empire isn't really defeated as such its still around just not as powerful. Also I doubt Luke would have kids, since that is against the Jedi order I presume, however we are dealing with a new generation of retarded writers (aka they graduated from the crayola school of english literature) so who knows, maybe someone will actually keep their light sabre sheathed if you know what I mean.

Luke does have kids in the EU dude with Mara Jade.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Luke does have kids in the EU dude with Mara Jade.

As long as it is established (either early on or revealed) (referenced) then I have no problem with it, since many people who will go to see the movie won't know that nor have read the Expanded Universe.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
As long as it is established (either early on or revealed) (referenced) then I have no problem with it, since many people who will go to see the movie won't know that nor have read the Expanded Universe.
Oh, like I said to shaved, I think we may see *names* used, but that's about it, sorta like Kahn in ST:ID. All they really need to do is explain some stuff in the "opening scroll" that they do in SW movies and "Joe Public" will be good to go.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think this all depends on the timeframe of the new movie. Is this before or after the Empire falls? Pre-Anakin or post Return of the Jedi? The older guy could even by Luke Skywalker for all we know.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hell dude, you could audition for "fit forty-something military type". Give it a go and make us proud! :smiley_joy:

I dunno. There's something unappealing about having "Disney's Star Wars 7" on my resume. :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think this all depends on the timeframe of the new movie. Is this before or after the Empire falls? Pre-Anakin or post Return of the Jedi? The older guy could even by Luke Skywalker for all we know.

Well after bro, they have told us that much at least.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well after bro, they have told us that much at least.

I didnt read the article yet...I will though. If it's after, then it could easily be Luke or some other Jedi Master. 70 years old is not going to be a fighter pilot, that is for sure! :)

I want to see the CGI version of this shot....

hqdefault.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

A "cloned" Darth Vader/Anakin or Palpatine"? Those scenarios/characters are in some of the books are they not?

Also, could the 70 something be that rogue Imperial Admiral who refuses to surrender?Can't think of the name

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
A "cloned" Darth Vader/Anakin or Palpatine"? Those scenarios/characters are in some of the books are they not?
I dunno about a cloned Vader, but yeah Palpatine has been cloned, but as a younger version.

Also, could the 70 something be that rogue Imperial Admiral who refuses to surrender?Can't think of the name
Only Pellaeon fits the bill, but he joins the republic (or what it becomes).

This is starting to sound more like an "JJ version" of this:
http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-plot-story-rumors/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Force

They don't have to follow the story plot, but the casting call *is* looking rather similar at this junction

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I dunno about a cloned Vader, but yeah Palpatine has been cloned, but as a younger version.

Only Pellaeon fits the bill, but he joins the republic (or what it becomes).

This is starting to sound more like an "JJ version" of this:
http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-plot-story-rumors/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Force

They don't have to follow the story plot, but the casting call *is* looking rather similar at this junction

My--hopeful--thoughts are that since Abrams is a fan of SW, then he will stick with what's out there and leave his 'creativity' in directing and sfx usage and less of the "imagining".

Also, with it being a continuation and not a remake-it should give him less space to muck things up.

On characters- I would like to see Admiral Thrawn in it. His blue skin, red eyes and that koala type creature on his shoulder would be cool to see--just IMO

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
My--hopeful--thoughts are that since Abrams is a fan of SW, then he will stick with what's out there and leave his 'creativity' in directing and sfx usage and less of the "imagining".
Well, one thing they have constantly denied is that they will be using a EU story, the have never said EU characters though AFAIK.

Also, with it being a continuation and not a remake-it should give him less space to muck things up.
You would think that, wouldn't you :lol:
On characters- I would like to see Admiral Thrawn in it. His blue skin, red eyes and that koala type creature on his shoulder would be cool to see--just IMO
*if* my musings are correct, it's far too late for Thrawn, but you are right, Chiss look damn cool :)