So how was your day?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Well I'm out of here...going to spend part of my birthday (the 24th anniversary of my 25th birthday for the nosy!) in bookstores. Borders is closing...:( going to see what deals I can find! :P Have a great day everyone! :D:D

Damn! I missed your birthday post. Hope you had a great one! :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Damn! I missed your birthday post. Hope you had a great one! :)

thank you it was wonderful...hours and hours browsing bookstores, deciding which ones were worth my time, flipping the pages, sniffing the fresh ink and paper smell of a new book, looking at used books for untold treasure and yes found a few.

Today has been fun. I'm lucky hubby is adventurous with food...I got the idea for lam kabobs and made them with what I had on hand...they turned out great (as did my tzatziki sauce) and we all enjoyed a bit of "greek" on a hot sunday afternoon. :D I will often decide to try something without a recipe to see where it takes me...no complaints after nearly 30 years so I must do okay. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
thank you it was wonderful...hours and hours browsing bookstores, deciding which ones were worth my time, flipping the pages, sniffing the fresh ink and paper smell of a new book, looking at used books for untold treasure and yes found a few.

Today has been fun. I'm lucky hubby is adventurous with food...I got the idea for lam kabobs and made them with what I had on hand...they turned out great (as did my tzatziki sauce) and we all enjoyed a bit of "greek" on a hot sunday afternoon. :D I will often decide to try something without a recipe to see where it takes me...no complaints after nearly 30 years so I must do okay. :)

Experimentation, the heartblood of a good cook. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I have to admit, I very much enjoy the smell of a fresh magazine or a fresh book. I still pick up the occasional Linux magazine but that seems to be more out of nostalgia for me.

My mom has a talent for reverse-engineering food with just a taste. Aside from the traditional Italian recipes she acquired from my grandmother, she managed to mimic just about everything else only by taste and smell, without a recipe. The only thing she was never able to decipher was the Big Mac sauce. :icon_lol: Yeah, yeah, I was a kid once, you know. :)

Red Mage

Boney
An awful day. The stupid hurricane hysteria caused probably one of the busiest days at work in a long time. Knew it was going to be awful with 20 people lined up before we even opened.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
An awful day. The stupid hurricane hysteria caused probably one of the busiest days at work in a long time. Knew it was going to be awful with 20 people lined up before we even opened.

And you probably copped an earful of crap all day as well RM?

Red Mage

Boney
Actually no strangely enough. People were surprisingly patient for the most part with the insane lines. It was just the sheer volume that was brutal. Usually on a saturday we fill 150-200 orders, today we did well over 300 with less staff. 9 hours of pure hustle with no break or any let up whatsoever until maybe half hour before close.

Tropicana

Council Member
Actually no strangely enough. People were surprisingly patient for the most part with the insane lines. It was just the sheer volume that was brutal. Usually on a saturday we fill 150-200 orders, today we did well over 300 with less staff. 9 hours of pure hustle with no break or any let up whatsoever until maybe half hour before close.
You guys deserve extra pay.

But stay safe RedMage!!

S

Stonelesscutter

And what did all those people want?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Well I'm having a rotten day. This morning I was so bloody tired that I put a beer can in the same backpack as my laptop and the brand new external harddrive, as I was preparing to drive home. Suffice to say that it didn't turn out well since somehow the beer can broke while I was driving and thus it sprayed ice cold beer over all the backpack's content. The external harddrive is just fine, but unfortunately I can't say the same about my laptop. I can still start it, and you can still hear the start up chime and the fan of the thing as it's running, but the screen is completely black and the battery won't take the charge when I plug in the adapter (though strangely enough, it will run on power from the adapter, the battery just isn't charging).

Oh, what a wonderful day.... :facepalm: I need a drink.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well I'm having a rotten day. This morning I was so bloody tired that I put a beer can in the same backpack as my laptop and the brand new external harddrive, as I was preparing to drive home. Suffice to say that it didn't turn out well since somehow the beer can broke while I was driving and thus it sprayed ice cold beer over all the backpack's content. The external harddrive is just fine, but unfortunately I can't say the same about my laptop. I can still start it, and you can still hear the start up chime and the fan of the thing as it's running, but the screen is completely black and the battery won't take the charge when I plug in the adapter (though strangely enough, it will run on power from the adapter, the battery just isn't charging).

Oh, what a wonderful day.... :facepalm: I need a drink.

Sorry to hear about the laptop. Hopefully you can salvage it in some respects. Fingers crossed!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Sorry to hear about the laptop. Hopefully you can salvage it in some respects. Fingers crossed!

Indeed, I'm hoping that since my uncle in Västerås (I'm heading down there tomorrow for an internship thing) has a buddy who fixes computers for a living, I'll be able to get it fixed for a reasonable price. Though I don't know what's worse, my laptop getting completely frakked up, or the fact that it was a waste of a perfectly good Lapin Kulta. :(
lapin-kulta_38679025.jpg

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Indeed, I'm hoping that since my uncle in Västerås (I'm heading down there tomorrow for an internship thing) has a buddy who fixes computers for a living, I'll be able to get it fixed for a reasonable price. Though I don't know what's worse, my laptop getting completely frakked up, or the fact that it was a waste of a perfectly good Lapin Kulta. :(
View attachment 5670
västerås ROCKS!!! :P so what you gonna do here? intern??
shame about the laptop man..
and :puke: @ the lapin kulta yuck!