Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ya know ESA, it's because you were just drinking beer from the wrong "Kulta"
Everyone knows thatall real "kultists" drink:
Mythos%20Lager.jpg

Mythos Beer, brewed in the depths of R'leyh!!​

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
västerås ROCKS!!! :P so what you gonna do here? intern??
shame about the laptop man..
and :puke: @ the lapin kulta yuck!

Yeah my uncle and his wife own a photo studio together, so I'll be an intern with them for one and a half weeks.
As for the Lapin Kulta, I rather like it. To be honest Iäm not that much of a beer fan, but LK is one of the few beers I like. Though if you try to get drunk on the stuff (or any beer for that matter), you're a frakking moron. Can you say beer belly or what?

Ya know ESA, it's because you were just drinking beer from the wrong "Kulta"
Everyone knows thatall real "kultists" drink:
Mythos%20Lager.jpg

Mythos Beer, brewed in the depths of R'leyh!!

Oh haha!

Mythos, you say? :P
Bottle330ml.JPG

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Yeah my uncle and his wife own a photo studio together, so I'll be an intern with them for one and a half weeks.
As for the Lapin Kulta, I rather like it. To be honest Iäm not that much of a beer fan, but LK is one of the few beers I like. Though if you try to get drunk on the stuff (or any beer for that matter), you're a frakking moron. Can you say beer belly or what?
very cool man very cool! maybe we should do a swedish Gatefans meatup while your here? :P

and when it comes to beer the few time i have drunk it ive allways prefered TT and the "mellanöl" donno why but i can manage the taste..
and yes beer belly :P im working on a coke belly myself HAHA ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Well I'm having a rotten day. This morning I was so bloody tired that I put a beer can in the same backpack as my laptop and the brand new external harddrive, as I was preparing to drive home. Suffice to say that it didn't turn out well since somehow the beer can broke while I was driving and thus it sprayed ice cold beer over all the backpack's content. The external harddrive is just fine, but unfortunately I can't say the same about my laptop. I can still start it, and you can still hear the start up chime and the fan of the thing as it's running, but the screen is completely black and the battery won't take the charge when I plug in the adapter (though strangely enough, it will run on power from the adapter, the battery just isn't charging).

Oh, what a wonderful day.... :facepalm: I need a drink.

That sucks man. Have you taken the battery out and inspected it? Could be it's just dirty and cleaning it could help. Or it could be fubar ofcourse. A battery is easily replaced though. The screen however is probably a lost cause. Sometimes after electronics got wet, laying them to dry on a heater can make things magically work again.

OMNI

That sucks man. Have you taken the battery out and inspected it? Could be it's just dirty and cleaning it could help. Or it could be fubar ofcourse. A battery is easily replaced though. The screen however is probably a lost cause. Sometimes after electronics got wet, laying them to dry on a heater can make things magically work again.
yes IF you dint try to turn it on again while it was still wet as that most certainly fried some things...

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Indeed, I'm hoping that since my uncle in Västerås (I'm heading down there tomorrow for an internship thing) has a buddy who fixes computers for a living, I'll be able to get it fixed for a reasonable price. Though I don't know what's worse, my laptop getting completely frakked up, or the fact that it was a waste of a perfectly good Lapin Kulta. :(
View attachment 5670

My condolences for your beverage. :(

I spit coffee all over one of my laptops once (I was probably reading one of shavedape's posts) and while my display was messed up and never quite the same it still worked alright. But if you are getting a black screen on boot up it usually needs a trip to the repair shop.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
very cool man very cool! maybe we should do a swedish Gatefans meatup while your here? :P

Yah, we could like meet up for coffee and junk, and like do gossip and stuff about gatefans. Sound kewl, rite gurl? :P :P

and when it comes to beer the few time i have drunk it ive allways prefered TT and the "mellanöl" donno why but i can manage the taste..
and yes beer belly :P im working on a coke belly myself HAHA ;)

Well yeah, those aren't too bad either.

Coke belly, huh? I have to confess that I'm not that much of a coke fan (though my buddy is adicted to the stuff). I prefer Trocadero, or Julmust/Påskmust when they sell it.

Nah, I'm gonna have the pro have a look at it instead. He'll do some inspecting for free, but if there's some repair work necessary (which there definitely will be), then I'll have to pay up.

Oh and right now I'm on my way down to Västerås. Thank god that SJ offers Wifi on their X2000 trains. :D

S

Stonelesscutter

When you do meet up with Omni, it's very important that you remember NOT to hug him. ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
An awful day. The stupid hurricane hysteria caused probably one of the busiest days at work in a long time. Knew it was going to be awful with 20 people lined up before we even opened.
yup, natural disasters-or their hype-always seem to drive panic sales. like the ingredients for "bread and milk sandwiches":eek:

G

Graybrew1

Horrible start to today.

Already had an emergency service call today. This time for a plumber. :eek: There goes 300 more dollars. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Too bad on the plumber call. Hopefully it is totally fixed so you won't need to spend on the same issue twice.

G

Graybrew1

Too bad on the plumber call. Hopefully it is totally fixed so you won't need to spend on the same issue twice.

Thanks, Yes it should be fixed. :cool: The plumber was polite and efficient, so that was nice.
It messed up my schedule for work, but tomorrow I shall just have to play catch up and get things back on track.

S

Stonelesscutter

Wow. Plumber time again huh. For 300 bucks, I bet he fixed the hell out of your sink. :P

OMNI

well guys and gals i will be awol for 4-6h reinstalling my OS as ive been having waaaaay to many weird issues latly including out of the blue "blue screens of death" i have pretty much backed up everything important tho im sure im forgetting something as i tend to allways do!

anyway see you guys on the other side (hopefully) and wish me luck! adios!

S

Stonelesscutter

well guys and gals i will be awol for 4-6h reinstalling my OS as ive been having waaaaay to many weird issues latly including out of the blue "blue screens of death" i have pretty much backed up everything important tho im sure im forgetting something as i tend to allways do!

Goodluck mate.
And BSOD's??? I haven't seen those in yeaaaaaaaars. Must be something seriously wrong. Perhaps even hardware related.

G

Graybrew1

Good Luck, Big Green. LOL. :)