So how was your day?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I purposely don't tell the new members about it, it is not exactly a good "selling" point to get people here, and I thought it was usually kept to FH.

Well, not a good way to get more members is it? Keeping secrets... than when I see schiphonic stranger (post 1628) quote my "bbq" comment as well as your " keep your flamethrower at home" snipe..all of you want to tell me that I am wrong because I am not privy to your secrets in the closet?
re-read post 1628 and tell me I am wrong. Go ahead.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
this one's for yongjin! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUuDPNbkJkgood night all!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this one's for yongjin! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUuDPNbkJkgood night all!

did you even bother to re-read post 1628 by sciphonic stranger? Obviously not, here I'll re-post it:

Originally Posted by yongjin02
I was part of a BBQ--unfortunately it was on GF's and I was the main course
Originally Posted by Rac80
well you should have left the flame thrower at home.
Yikes, was there some sort of problem today? I must have missed it.

G

Graybrew1

Well, not a good way to get more members is it? Keeping secrets... than when I see schiphonic stranger (post 1628) quote my "bbq" comment as well as your " keep your flamethrower at home" snipe..all of you want to tell me that I am wrong because I am not privy to your secrets in the closet?

It is not about secrets. It is about something that was in the past. And this is about the future. I can in right after so I am aware of very little. But only some of the posters here were talking about what the others are mentioning.

G

Graybrew1

did you even bother to re-read post 1628 by sciphonic stranger? Obviously not, here I'll re-post it:

Originally Posted by yongjin02
I was part of a BBQ--unfortunately it was on GF's and I was the main course
Originally Posted by Rac80
well you should have left the flame thrower at home.
Yikes, was there some sort of problem today? I must have missed it.

What happened to the intellectuals that I used to praise to others to come over here?
Was there not already a thread being used to attack and Flame somewhere else?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Goodness, did I start a flame-war? That was not my intention at all. :(

I'm sure we can all be nice here. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is when you can see a difference between an online forum an getting together at a local Applebees or other such establishment - by now everything would be cleared up and we all would be laughing and chattering because in those settings we have a big advantage - live, real time communication. I vote (it's only one vote but it's mine) that we all do the internet equivalent; forgive, forget and drink a virtual toast to each other. :joy: (Using joy because I can't find any icons with glasses of drink).

S

Stonelesscutter

Okay, I will go ahead and tell you you're wrong. Then I will explain what really happened.
So, first off, "You're wrong". :)
Now for the explanation.

Sciphonicstranger indeed quoted one of your comments and one of rac's comments and responded by stating he must have missed something because it seemed there had been some arguing.
I then in turn responded on Sciphonicstranger's comment by saying I wasn't around when it happened. Then I gave an example of another time when bad things happened while I wasn't there.
I was talking about when sgusucks.com got separated into Scifi Nexus and Gatefans.
You then misunderstood and thought I was talking about SyFy.
But there is really no problem here, so let's all get back to business without being suspicious of eachother alright? :D

Red Mage

Boney
This is when you can see a difference between an online forum an getting together at a local Applebees or other such establishment - by now everything would be cleared up and we all would be laughing and chattering because in those settings we have a big advantage - live, real time communication. I vote (it's only one vote but it's mine) that we all do the internet equivalent; forgive, forget and drink a virtual toast to each other. :joy: (Using joy because I can't find any icons with glasses of drink).

I have a toast smiley for the occassion
party_4.gif
Cheers.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Applebees???:tealcanime23:

Bad food, bad drinks, bad service -- Hell, I'll take a flame war any day over that place. :puke:

As for this thread, I don't see any reason for contention here either. It's all good, we're all cool, no worries.

As for my day, well, it was grueling and from hell (grass cutting, tree removal including the freaking stump replete with roots, basement clean up and maintenance, allergies to beat the band, yada yada yada). I generally love summer and enjoy being outside even if it's for manual labor but today kicked my a$$ in more ways than one. Amazingly, traffic on the freeway wasn't jammed up even thru the construction zone. So I can't complain about everything today. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think it varies by location and how good the manager is. The one close to me is run well and consequently has good quality.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Okay, I will go ahead and tell you you're wrong. Then I will explain what really happened.
So, first off, "You're wrong". :)
Now for the explanation.

Sciphonicstranger indeed quoted one of your comments and one of rac's comments and responded by stating he must have missed something because it seemed there had been some arguing.
I then in turn responded on Sciphonicstranger's comment by saying I wasn't around when it happened. Then I gave an example of another time when bad things happened while I wasn't there.
I was talking about when sgusucks.com got separated into Scifi Nexus and Gatefans.
You then misunderstood and thought I was talking about SyFy.
But there is really no problem here, so let's all get back to business without being suspicious of eachother alright? :D

Thanks Stone - I certainly wasn't trying to start a flame war! :P

Red Mage

Boney
Applebees???:tealcanime23:

Bad food, bad drinks, bad service -- Hell, I'll take a flame war any day over that place. :puke:

True. Applebees is terrible. In addition to the appalling food and service, the restuarant seems to attract swarms of highschoolers who always to seem feel the need to act extremely immature in public places.

S

Stonelesscutter

True. Applebees is terrible. In addition to the appalling food and service, the restuarant seems to attract swarms of highschoolers who always to seem feel the need to act extremely immature in public places.

Immature behaviour in public huh.
Give us some examples. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
Oh you know -- kids speaking loudly. Girls squealing like pigs at every little gossip or crap. Loitering about at most random of places, outside toilets for example and when one say walks past them, depending on their mood, they would say such obscenity of things. No sense of composure or social decorum. I encountered a few yesterday and it's like, how da heck were they raised to be such immature, idiotic, Justin-Bieber-hair-bobbed brats?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh you know -- kids speaking loudly. Girls squealing like pigs at every little gossip or crap. Loitering about at most random of places, outside toilets for example and when one say walks past them, depending on their mood, they would say such obscenity of things. No sense of composure or social decorum. I encountered a few yesterday and it's like, how da heck were they raised to be such immature, idiotic, Justin-Bieber-hair-bobbed brats?

Let's not bring "The Beeb" into this please. :D

As for dealing with foul-mouthed teenage brats I have to say I miss the days where you could crack someone in the mouth for talkin' smack and it wouldn't be considered "assault". We baby our young "adults" far too much and because of that their social development is retarded (in the truest definition of the word "retarded", not as the slang definition). There was a time where youth was taught social manners, one way or the other. Now we protect them from the consequences of what comes out of their mouths. This is bad for everyone.

:whip:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
If I had the opportunity, next time I see foul-mouthed teenage boys in skin tight jeans, like seriously and supposedly they are "straight" and not an emo; with Justin Bieber hair, I will get an electric hair clipper and shave it off.
Spank em.