So how was your day?

B

Backstep

LOL. This is funny. I live about 3 minutes away from the Chesapeake Bay Canal. The part of DE I live at, is right next to MD. That is why I only like it sometimes. I got a little tired of it.

I live a stones throw from the Potomac, it's my back yard.
I can eat it on just about every thing :icon_lol: From steak, pork, fried potatoes and french fries. Old Bay :smiley_squee:

G

Graybrew1

I live a stones throw from the Potomac, it's my back yard.
I can eat it on just about every thing :icon_lol: From steak, pork, fried potatoes and french fries. Old Bay :smiley_squee:

Goodness, we are practically neighbors. :P It is really good if you cook it into popcorn too. I think my biggest thing about living here and the Old Bay seasoning is the crabs. I can eat crabs when they are prepared in all sorts of ways and enjoy it. I frakin hate the newspaper, malllet and fight through the yellow and green stuff with the crabs covered in Old Bay. That is probably what I equate with Old Bay now. :icon_e_wink: That to me is just gross.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I don't like lobster. :eek: Call me nuts. I would rather eat shrimp. :biggrin:

Steamed lobster and shrimp with Old Bay. Boilded is so bland, and the thought of dipping lobster in all that butter makes my artery's harden :icon_lol:

Steamed or broiled lobstaaaah with nothing...no old bay, no butter...why ruin the delicate flavor of a lobstaaah? it is slightly sweet and 100% delish! I am from Maine...there's sea water in my veins I swear! I love shrimp as well as clams, oysters, crab, flounder,cod, tilapia, CALAMARI!!!!! (there is this great little spot on the docks in boston...OMG best fried calimari ever!! Not rubbery at all...tender as can be!) we have fish/seafood at least twice a week at my house. Ok now I am hungry and no seafood thawed! :P (got shrimp and salmon in my freezer!:P) Hubby "bribes" me three or four times a year with fresh lobstaaah...i buy live ones and bring them home to prepare...if we're lucky there is some roe in them. :D It's cheaper and much better than having a restaurant prepare them...I pride myself on my cooking. :D

G

Graybrew1

Steamed or broiled lobstaaaah with nothing...no old bay, no butter...why ruin the delicate flavor of a lobstaaah? it is slightly sweet and 100% delish! I am from Maine...there's sea water in my veins I swear! I love shrimp as well as clams, oysters, crab, flounder,cod, tilapia, CALAMARI!!!!! (there is this great little spot on the docks in boston...OMG best fried calimari ever!! Not rubbery at all...tender as can be!) we have fish/seafood at least twice a week at my house. Ok now I am hungry and no seafood thawed! :P (got shrimp and salmon in my freezer!:P) Hubby "bribes" me three or four times a year with fresh lobstaaah...i buy live ones and bring them home to prepare...if we're lucky there is some roe in them. :D It's cheaper and much better than having a restaurant prepare them...I pride myself on my cooking. :D

I love Calamari. It is the best of two foods I love. Italian and Fish. Mental green for you. :D

B

Backstep

Goodness, we are practically neighbors. :P It is really good if you cook it into popcorn too. I think my biggest thing about living here and the Old Bay seasoning is the crabs. I can eat crabs when they are prepared in all sorts of ways and enjoy it. I frakin hate the newspaper, malllet and fight through the yellow and green stuff with the crabs covered in Old Bay. That is probably what I equate with Old Bay now. :icon_e_wink: That too me is just gross.

You just like the crab meat, crab cakes and crab balls are awesome, so is crab imperial.

Now depending on the price of crabs, we have a crab fest on the 4th of July and one in August. Cleaning the crab doesn't bother me, that's what the back fin is for :icon_lol:

G

Graybrew1

You just like the crab meat, crab cakes and crab balls are awesome, so is crab imperial.

Now depending on the price of crabs, we have a crab fest on the 4th of July and one in August. Cleaning the crab doesn't bother me, that's what the back fin is for :icon_lol:

The cleaning is the part I can't stand. No matter how many times I try to clean it, I can't get the idea or "taste" of the gross stuff out of my head. Call me pampered, if I have to clean it, I will just do without. So, by crabfest, you mean you break out a bunch of buckets and mallets, lay tons of newspaper down and invite the neighborhood. Sounds like fun. Lots of beverages too I assume. :icon_cool:

Don't get me wrong. I know a lot of people that love that way of eating crab. I am just not one of them.
Crab balls, crab cakes and crab imperial is DELISH! :biggrin:

B

Backstep

The cleaning is the part I can't stand. No matter how many times I try to clean it, I can't get the idea or "taste" of the gross stuff out of my head. Call me pampered, if I have to clean it, I will just do without. So, by crabfest, you mean you break out a bunch of buckets and mallets, lay tons of newspaper down and invite the neighborhood. Sounds like fun. Lots of beverages too I assume. :icon_cool:

Don't get me wrong. I know a lot of people that love that way of eating crab. I am just not one of them.
Crab balls, crab cakes and crab imperial is DELISH! :biggrin:

What about soft shell crab? Can you eat one? They are so good fried with mustard on top (insert drooling simile)

The crab fest used to be that way, i guess some would call it a block party with every type of drink, now it's more of an immediate family event. But back in the day \,,/ :D \,,/ party time!

G

Graybrew1

What about soft shell crab? Can you eat one? They are so good fried with mustard on top (insert drooling simile)

The crab fest used to be that way, i guess some would call it a block party with every type of drink, now it's more of an immediate family event. But back in the day \,,/ :D \,,/ party time!

No, I have never eaten a soft shell crab. Don't they have the green stuff too? :icon_eek:

I can't imagine the cost of a block party with God knows how many bushels of crabs. :eek: My one relative lives at the beach, she puts traps out and catches them in her "back yard".
Talk about a cheap meal. :P

It sounds like to me the way you feel about crab is the way I feel about sushi grade tuna.(insert another drooling smile) There is an Italian place near me that makes the best seared tuna and roasted Italian vegetable salad. It is to die for. :icon_e_smile:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No, I have never eaten a soft shell crab. Don't they have the green stuff too? :icon_eek:

I can't imagine the cost of a block party with God knows how many bushels of crabs. :eek: My one relative lives at the beach, she puts traps out and catches them in her "back yard".

It sounds like to me the way you feel about crab is the way I feel about sushi grade tuna.(insert another drooling smile) There is an Italian place near me that makes the best seared tuna and roasted Italian vegetable salad. It is to die for. :icon_e_smile:

Sounds interesting. But given the allergy issue I will stick to regular fish. What do you guys think of Lake fish like perch and trout?

G

Graybrew1

Sounds interesting. But given the allergy issue I will stick to regular fish. What do you guys think of Lake fish like perch and trout?

I can eat pretty much any fish. I only had trout one time, it was okay, not my fav. Perch would be fine. Do you like tuna? That should be okay for your allergies. It has to be good quality. I went somewhere one time and the quality was bad and it tasted like a completely different fish. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have also never had shark. That sounds interesting.

With living by the Chesapeake, Old Bay goes on just about all seafood

I can go for a stuffed Flounder, Never had shark, skate steaks are good.

Shark steaks have a very dense texture similar to swordfish (which is another favorite). It gives true meaning to a fish "steak". :) It is best grilled, but you can pan fry it too.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I can eat pretty much any fish. I only had trout one time, it was okay, not my fav. Perch would be fine. Do you like tuna? That should be okay for your allergies. It has to be good quality. I went somewhere one time and the quality was bad and it tasted like a completely different fish. :(

Tuna is cool.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hmmmm.....isn't this thread taking on a distinctly "fishy" tone?

G

Graybrew1

Hmmmm.....isn't this thread taking on a distinctly "fishy" tone?

Yes, summer is in full force, and summertime makes me think of fish, plus the incredible tuna I had yesterday got me started on it. You are welcome to change the subject at any time. :biggrin:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, summer is in full force, and summertime makes me think of fish, plus the incredible tuna I had yesterday got me started on it. You are welcome to change the subject at any time. :biggrin:

I was just attempting a joke....

G

Graybrew1

I'm not upset. I think we have been talking about fish for hours. Probably time to change it.

Fishy. LOL. Funny Man. You forgot a emoticon though. Put this one in :laughing: and the whole world will laugh with you. :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not upset. I think we have been talking about fish for hours. Probably time to change it.

Fishy. LOL. Funny Man. You forgot a emoticon though. Put this one in :laughing: and the whole world will laugh with you. :P

Ah. I keep forgetting about emoticons.

B

Backstep

Once the crab sheds it hard shell, you fry the whole crab, innards and all. I never tried sushi, to afraid of getting worms if the fish was infected.

Years ago the party's used to be like that, catch our own by pulling a john boat behind you with a dipnet just tossing crabs into the boat, with a fouple people on each side of the boat in a hour could catch a few bushels, would steam them in a 55 gal barrel.

No trout here, plenty of river fish, all the perch, white, yellow, spot and rainbow, and bluegill, big and small mouth bass, flounder, rock (aka sea bass or striped bass) i could list for ever lol.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Once the crab sheds it hard shell, you fry the whole crab, innards and all. I never tried sushi, to afraid of getting worms if the fish was infected.

Years ago the party's used to be like that, catch our own by pulling a john boat behind you with a dipnet just tossing crabs into the boat, with a fouple people on each side of the boat in a hour could catch a few bushels, would steam them in a 55 gal barrel.

No trout here, plenty of river fish, all the perch, white, yellow, spot and rainbow, and bluegill, big and small mouth bass, flounder, rock (aka sea bass or striped bass) i could list for ever lol.

How about this lobster? How would you cook it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxQPPYtuqDg&feature=related