So how was your day?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I would have to switch out the cat for rockfish and the whitefish for the tuna.

Goodness, now I am craving FISH. :biggrin:

Haven't tried Rockfish. Tuna I can handle (especially good in casseroles). You should try Catfish - properly prepared it is a treat.

G

Graybrew1

Haven't tried Rockfish. Tuna I can handle (especially good in casseroles). You should try Catfish - properly prepared it is a treat.

It is too heavy for me, I like lighter Fish. Rockfish is very light. Similar to Tilapia. I prefer tuna seared or raw. with just a dash of wasabi.

Now I am really gonna have to get me some more fish today. :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is too heavy for me, I like lighter Fish. Rockfish is very light. Similar to Tilapia. I prefer tuna seared or raw. with just a dash of wasabi.

Now I am really gonna have to get me some more fish today. :D

How do you like Codfish? Done properly it is really light and flaky.

G

Graybrew1

How do you like Codfish? Done properly it is really light and flaky.

That sounds good too. Flounder cooked right is good also. I used to love salmon but I ate too much of it and got tired of it.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Is it a heavy or light fish?
I never tried to pick one up... :icon_lol:

Seriously, from Wiki:
In Europe and North America, the texture of the tail meat of fish of the genus Lophius, is sometimes compared to lobster tail and has been alluded to as the "poor man's lobster," although today it commands prices equivalent to, and in some cases exceeding, lobster and other marine delicacies.

G

Graybrew1

I never tried to pick one up... :icon_lol:

Seriously, from Wiki:

Smarty!! :facepalm: :biggrin:

If it is like lobster, then I would assume it is a lighter flavored fish. I have not seen any around here. If I get to the beach this year, I will have to check out the seafood restaurants and see if I can find some.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
When I was in Indy the week before last I wound up eating fish every night. I like fish but it was strange to do that - it just evolved from the circumstances each night. For example on Thursday evening a small group of us went to McCormick's, and seeing as it makes its bones as a top seafood restaurant it made sense to order fish. The night before the whole team was at Palomino's, a local notre italiano restaurnat, and the parnesan encrusted tilapia just leapt off the menu at me.

Yep yep...pricey but great seafood at both places. McCormick's is one of my faves downtown. It may be a chain but it is quite good. They have a wonderful scallop dish..:D Did you guys get to Greek Islands? it's a great place, owned by a local greek family with some wonderful dishes and a great atmosphere.

Not interested in catfish at all..it tastes like mud to me (it's a bottom feeder and since all midwestern lakes/rivers are muddy...they taste it to me!:P) I prefer ocean fish- tilapia, cod, salmon, oysters, clams, and of course...my personal fave--- LOBSTAAAAH (see my new england accent comes out just thinking about it! ;) )

G

Graybrew1

Yep yep...pricey but great seafood at both places. McCormick's is one of my faves downtown. It may be a chain but it is quite good. They have a wonderful scallop dish..:D Did you guys get to Greek Islands? it's a great place, owned by a local greek family with some wonderful dishes and a great atmosphere.

Not interested in catfish at all..it tastes like mud to me (it's a bottom feeder and since all midwestern lakes/rivers are muddy...they taste it to me!:P) I prefer ocean fish- tilapia, cod, salmon, oysters, clams, and of course...my personal fave--- LOBSTAAAAH (see my new england accent comes out just thinking about it! ;) )

I don't like lobster. :eek: Call me nuts. I would rather eat shrimp. :biggrin:

B

Backstep

I don't like lobster. :eek: Call me nuts. I would rather eat shrimp. :biggrin:

Steamed lobster and shrimp with Old Bay. Boilded is so bland, and the thought of dipping lobster in all that butter makes my artery's harden :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually the trick with Catfish is to make sure they are using farm raised, as those live in special bodies of water where the bottom is covered by rocks (so no mud).

Being allergic to shellfish I must pass on lobster and shrimp.

G

Graybrew1

Steamed lobster and shrimp with Old Bay. Boilded is so bland, and the thought of dipping lobster in all that butter makes my artery's harden :icon_lol:

Meh. I just don't really care for lobster. Old bay is fine when I am in the mood for it. I would rather have some cocktail sauce, because I love horseradish. I agree about the butter....Just say No. :D

G

Graybrew1

I have had farm raised catfish, I think it is just too heavy of a fish for me. It is not really about being a bottom feeder. It is just a personal preference.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My favorite fish is red snapper, followed by orange roughy and salmon. Favorite dinner fish is shark steak or flounder. Not a fan of sea bugs (lobster and shrimp) or shellfish. I avoid scavengers too (like catfish) unless farm raised. If they are free-swimming fish, they are usually good to eat.

G

Graybrew1

My favorite fish is red snapper, followed by orange roughy and salmon. Favorite dinner fish is shark steak or flounder. Not a fan of sea bugs (lobster and shrimp) or shellfish. I avoid scavengers too (like catfish) unless farm raised. If they are free-swimming fish, they are usually good to eat.

I have also never had shark. That sounds interesting.

B

Backstep

Meh. I just don't really care for lobster. Old bay is fine when I am in the mood for it. I would rather have some cocktail sauce, because I love horseradish. I agree about the butter....Just say No. :D

With living by the Chesapeake, Old Bay goes on just about all seafood

I can go for a stuffed Flounder, Never had shark, skate steaks are good.

G

Graybrew1

With living by the Chesapeake, Old Bay goes on just about all seafood

I can go for a stuffed Flounder, Never had shark, skate steaks are good.

LOL. This is funny. I live about 3 minutes away from the Chesapeake Bay Canal. The part of DE I live at, is right next to MD. That is why I only like it sometimes. I got a little tired of it.