So how was your day?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and here is something for everyone other than Gray (just kidding!!) this version made :)my day a bit better--any thing else from these guys would need to be in FH

if you don't know these guys yet.. its not just what their appearance suggests--its some pretty good comedy and parody--lots of deprecating of the whole '80's rock thing--and there pretty good musicians as well:)

[video=youtube;rOmEr1k6-uE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmEr1k6-uE&feature=fvwrel

S

Stonelesscutter

okay, cant find the "interesting things on the web" thread--still haven't figured out how you all have this set up :icon_e_confused: but anyways--this was interesting and strange, I think the trend in Taiwan has become "giving up" by the looks of things:
http://beta.news.yahoo.com/photos/t...wBHBvcwMxMARzZWMDZXAEc2xrA2ltZ19oZWFkbGluZQ--

The "Interesting stuff you find online" threas is right here.
http://www.gatefans.net/forums/showthread.php/2402-Interesting-stuff-you-find-online

So, anybody been planking yet?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
As joelist can attest...Indy was miserably hot and humid yesterday! So i am hiding inside with the a/c cranked up and finishing up my "projects"...always a good excuse to watch more sga. :D

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Enjoy my friend, I often spend an evening with SGA. I emailed Kenn Gold today about a interview he wrote on Patrick Gilmore for mediablvd.com. Our previous site was referenced so I responded for the community via personal email to him. He wasn't wild about SGU either in the end so I'm going back to view his blog site. I think I'll stay tuned so I don't miss his next interview with BJS.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Good, it was good.

And now it's past 1:30 in the night/morning/whatever, I just went outside and guess what I saw? Blue skies, nothing but blue skies as far as the eye could see. And that little orange-yellowy strip since I'm just below the polar circle, but still, blue skies. Looks like it'll be a good day tomorrow, and hopefully the weather will be good on monday as well. Not that I'm going to go out celebrating National Day by waving a few flags sing "Du Gamla, Du Fria", but me and few buddies are gonna have a little BBQ with lots of drinks since we get the day off. Well, we've actually had the day off since yesterday (5 day weekend - woo!), but still...

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Good, it was good.

And now it's past 1:30 in the night/morning/whatever, I just went outside and guess what I saw? Blue skies, nothing but blue skies as far as the eye could see. And that little orange-yellowy strip since I'm just below the polar circle, but still, blue skies. Looks like it'll be a good day tomorrow, and hopefully the weather will be good on monday as well. Not that I'm going to go out celebrating National Day by waving a few flags sing "Du Gamla, Du Fria", but me and few buddies are gonna have a little BBQ with lots of drinks since we get the day off. Well, we've actually had the day off since yesterday (5 day weekend - woo!), but still...
Cool! :)

S

Stonelesscutter

After falling asleep at about 6 in the morning, may day started abrubtly with a call from my brother at 9. Apparently he and his girlfriend had split up, as they did frequently, but THIS TIME it was DEFINITELY over. So he wanted me to come over and pick up some of his stuff at his gf's place, which I wasn't gonna do because it wouldn't have fit into my car and because I expect things between them will miraculously clear up suddenly as they always do. But he was lonely and sad so instead I offered to pick him up and let him stay over for the weekend. Ofcourse this shit happens on the exact day that I finally have the place for myself for the first time in a year so I was happily swearing at fellow motorists all morning. We shopped for some groceries and then when we got to my place I left him alone for a while so I could go sunbathing as I had originally planned. He couldn't join me because he has no membership to that place. When I came back, a little earlier than I intended because he was lonely, I cooked for the both of us. Fried potatoes, tossed salad and a nice pepper-steak each. Then I went to the gym for a short workout. I wanted to be home in time for my favourite show which me and my bro were supposed to watch together. As it turned out I was mostly watching it by myself as he was preoccupied with his iphone. After the show I took him out to town where we visited two establishments. While I drank water with an occasional coke in between I fed him plenty of beers and some mixed drinks. We just got back. He's sleeping on the couch and I just had me some lasagna bolognese. It's still dark outside but the birds have already begun their singing. It was a good day. I'm pretty tired though. Also what's not so good is that I started the day with a balance of €500,- and I'm now down to €375,-. I think I spent about the amount of money I was planning to spend for the coming two weeks. :( Ah well. At least I've been a good brother. Now if he dares to get back with his ex-gf again tomorrow I will sue his ass for everything he's got. :P

G

Graybrew1

After falling asleep at about 6 in the morning, may day started abrubtly with a call from my brother at 9. Apparently he and his girlfriend had split up, as they did frequently, but THIS TIME it was DEFINITELY over. So he wanted me to come over and pick up some of his stuff at his gf's place, which I wasn't gonna do because it wouldn't have fit into my car and because I expect things between them will miraculously clear up suddenly as they always do. But he was lonely and sad so instead I offered to pick him up and let him stay over for the weekend. Ofcourse this shit happens on the exact day that I finally have the place for myself for the first time in a year so I was happily swearing at fellow motorists all morning. We shopped for some groceries and then when we got to my place I left him alone for a while so I could go sunbathing as I had originally planned. He couldn't join me because he has no membership to that place. When I came back, a little earlier than I intended because he was lonely, I cooked for the both of us. Fried potatoes, tossed salad and a nice pepper-steak each. Then I went to the gym for a short workout. I wanted to be home in time for my favourite show which me and my bro were supposed to watch together. As it turned out I was mostly watching it by myself as he was preoccupied with his iphone. After the show I took him out to town where we visited two establishments. While I drank water with an occasional coke in between I fed him plenty of beers and some mixed drinks. We just got back. He's sleeping on the couch and I just had me some lasagna bolognese. It's still dark outside but the birds have already begun their singing. It was a good day. I'm pretty tired though. Also what's not so good is that I started the day with a balance of €500,- and I'm now down to €375,-. I think I spent about the amount of money I was planning to spend for the coming two weeks. :( Ah well. At least I've been a good brother. Now if he dares to get back with his ex-gf again tomorrow I will sue his ass for everything he's got. :P

Green for you being such a good brother.

Family is important. It is nice to hear you are so good to yours.

OTOH. I would be ticked too tomorrow if he makes back up with her. LOL. Escpecially if it messes up the rewatch. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

You said "tossed salad". :icon_lol:

(Lasagna bolognese sounds good. I just made lasagne bolognese last week and it was a hit! I like to put a bechamel sauce in the layers as it really makes it delightfully creamy. I bolognese part was a hand ground mixture of beef and pork. I love bolognese sauce!)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
It's dawn at 3am? Wow, looks nice. Here 5am is when the sun rises in summer, sometimes it doesn't get dark til 11pm.
the further north you go here in swe the earlier it rises and in the far north during summer it never sets.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I see. :)

You would when you get home at 4 in the morning feeling tired and hungry. ;) I was thinking of just attacking a bag of crisps but then I realised I had that lasagna in the fridge I wanted to try out sometime.

Ahh, I remember those days :) :(
Still, fresh is best if you can.