So how was your day?

Tropicana

Council Member
Watching BBC News and oh wow, Obama's at Moneygall, Co. Offaly, Ireland now and there are loads of screams of "Welcome!" and "Céad Mile Fáilte" (Irish: A Thousand Welcomes).

Currently it's windy and raining (here at my location as well) and the instant Obamas steps out of their motorcade and the sun comes out at Moneygall. That's what I call fate.

Though Ireland really can't afford anymore official State visits, first with Queen Elizabeth II last week and President Barack Obama today - they have got broke-broke. But anyway, Michelle Obama looks fabulous as always.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
not a fan of hers either...but ...but she is a celebrity and knows so much more than we the little people do! :rolleyes: I love the phrase: shut up and sing! ;)

During her academy speech she chose that moment to promote her other causes. One of my friends said that Susan is welcome to open the grounds of her mansion and let the tent cities grace her lawn then she wouldn't have to go so far to feed them. Had us laughing for days.

G

Graybrew1

woke up at 2 am to the sound of hail hitting the house! Dang it's loud when it hits a window! :P Luckily nothing was damaged just lost a couple hours of sleep! :P

Wow, are you in tornado alley? That must be scary. My parent's used to live in Missouri years ago and she would always talk about the "green sky" and how eerie it was.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Wow, are you in tornado alley? That must be scary. My parent's used to live in Missouri years ago and she would always talk about the "green sky" and how eerie it was.

I live outside Indianapolis...near the "top of tornado alley"- can't stand tornados. they terrify me! :P especially in the middle of the night because no one sees one coming! :P

G

Graybrew1

I live outside Indianapolis...near the "top of tornado alley"- can't stand tornados. they terrify me! :P especially in the middle of the night because no one sees one coming! :P

They rarely come here, but where I live, in like a mini "tornado" alley type. A lot of land and very flat. I have seen the infamous eerie sky but never a tornado. Knock on Wood. You can sometimes see the beginning of a "funnel" but they always dissipate before becoming real tornadoes. I would have no clue what to do but run to the basement if one ever hit. :eek:

Lilith

GateFans Noob

Tornados are rare here but they do happen. Especially right after a hurricane if you are on the right quadrant. When we are on the left I breathe a sigh of relief except now we have the coastal flooding 40 miles inland. They always taught us to get in a ditch rather than stay in the car or head to the bathroom or hallway. I just follow the dogs, where ever they end up so am I.

G

Graybrew1

Tornados are rare here but they do happen. Especially right after a hurricane if you are on the right quadrant. When we are on the left I breathe a sigh of relief except now we have the coastal flooding 40 miles inland. They always taught us to get in a ditch rather than stay in the car or head to the bathroom or hallway. I just follow the dogs, where ever they end up so am I.

My Dog is a big scaredy Dog, whenever there is any loud noise, she runs to me. :P Not a lot of help from her. :biggrin:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
They rarely come here, but where I live, in like a mini "tornado" alley type. A lot of land and very flat. I have seen the infamous eerie sky but never a tornado. Knock on Wood. You can sometimes see the beginning of a "funnel" but they always dissipate before becoming real tornadoes. I would have no clue what to do but run to the basement if one ever hit. :eek:

I've seen a few. what you describe is known as a "cold funnel"...it only becomes "hot" when it touches the ground. If you want flatlands you should see this place...flatter than gwyneth paltrow's chest! :P

Do I dare ask why you were excommunicated? Was there an angry mob involved? Did the Church send you a certified letter in the mail? How, exactly, does one get excommunicated? Just curious.

I was raised Catholic, was even a good little altar boy (non-molested thank you very much) but am not Catholic now. I wouldn't say I "left" the church as much as I simply lost interest and changed my philosophic beliefs. I'm sure I would be excommunicated and/or branded a heretic were I to still care, but I don't, and that's my power. That was Henry VIII's power also. He eventually reached a point where he didn't care about the white noise emanating out of Rome, and that indifference liberated him.

It's amazing how much power and freedom one has when they stop ceding power over their lives to other people.

Come on kiddo, you know he simply wanted to get laid by someone younger than his wife. he had the typical mid-life crisis of many men....got a younger woman. the women of england weren't fooled, they supported queen Katherine throughout the entire mess. ;)

G

Graybrew1

I've seen a few. what you describe is known as a "cold funnel"...it only becomes "hot" when it touches the ground. If you want flatlands you should see this place...flatter than gwyneth paltrow's chest! :P

You are too funny!
:laughing:

I had never heard of the term, "cold funnel" before. I just don't ever want to see a hot one.

S

Stonelesscutter

All this talk about funnels combined with the soothing weather today makes me wanny say things I shouldn't.

G

Graybrew1

I just keep thinking of funnel cakes. Which I don't even like the taste of, but I must just be hungry. :biggrin:

Lilith

GateFans Noob
My Dog is a big scaredy Dog, whenever there is any loud noise, she runs to me. :P Not a lot of help from her. :biggrin:
One of mine would wake up the whole house if the weather got bad after dark. He would run from one end to the other barking making sure both my daughter and I were both up. Then he would sit on my lap until the lighting strikes then he would run back and forth again but he wanted us to stay in the living room while he checked the house out. Used to annoy my daughter to no end.

G

Graybrew1

One of mine would wake up the whole house if the weather got bad after dark. He would run from one end to the other barking making sure both my daughter and I were both up. Then he would sit on my lap until the lighting strikes then he would run back and forth again but he wanted us to stay in the living room while he checked the house out. Used to annoy my daughter to no end.

No she does not make a peep, if it is during the day, she runs to my feet, If it is at night, she is already sleeping with me and just snuggles closer.

This same dog though is food aggressive and will almost bite any other animal's head off that tries to come near her food. Such a mean baby sometimes, gotta love a Husky! :icon_e_wink: :biggrin:

Lilith

GateFans Noob
No she does not make a peep, if it is during the day, she runs to my feet, If it is at night, she is already sleeping with me and just snuggles closer.

This same dog though is food aggressive and will almost bite any other animal's head off that tries to come near her food. Such a mean baby sometimes, gotta love a Husky! :icon_e_wink: :biggrin:

I bet she is beautiful. I have nine dogs and they are all strays abandoned. Various levels of intellect, each one is different but all my babies. I have to get babysitter to come for the weekend when I have to travel so it's like having alot kids.

G

Graybrew1

I bet she is beautiful. I have nine dogs and they are all strays abandoned. Various levels of intellect, each one is different but all my babies. I have to get babysitter to come for the weekend when I have to travel so it's like having alot kids.

That is so funny. Does your babysitter charge per Dog. That would be expensive. :eek:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
He is relatively inexpensive, I call him Dad. He watches them everyday while I'm at work and sometimes he suggest that I visit friends just so he can stay the weekend.

that is sweet...green my friend!