So how was your day?

S

Stonelesscutter

do you realize I have been "promoted" twice just from talking about Krull? Awesome!

Aah. You're still in the phase where you get promoted all the time.
Those good old days. :)
Speaking of good old days. I was 5 when that movie was released so I guess that's why I've never seen it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Allow me to green you again.
But you must pay the price.
You are in charge.
Lead us. :biggrin:

well I would if I knew how/what it is you all are talking about.

hey, I just had a random thought (probably from your "lead us" comment) new SG series. In it the principles are Lt Hayley (now probably a COL) Cassandra Frasier (we know she gets involved with the SG program-her older self in "1969") and the other Jack (the Asgard cloned one) are all sent out on a mission to find something..more worlds with gates? the Destiny? Humph, just a thought.

So, what is this re-watch thing?

G

Graybrew1

well I would if I knew how/what it is you all are talking about.

hey, I just had a random thought (probably from your "lead us" comment) new SG series. In it the principles are Lt Hayley (now probably a COL) Cassandra Frasier (we know she gets involved with the SG program-her older self in "1969") and the other Jack (the Asgard cloned one) are all sent out on a mission to find something..more worlds with gates? the Destiny? Humph, just a thought.

So, what is this re-watch thing?

Sorry for the drama, dude. Trying to be funny. :biggrin:
All it means is pick a time and tell us all when to start watching it, so we can basically try to jump on the forum and say things like... do you believe that happened and what does that mean and such ? Not a biggie, just more teasing you. I will definitely watch it no matter what.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well at least Battlefield Earth was "slightly" watchable. I am having a hard time believing you guys have never heard of this movie. Perhaps you did and the result was so traumatizing that it triggered a long period of event specific fugue..and now I have re-opened your pain---sorry:redface:

I watched it yesterday...I never saw so many creative ways to make sets out of orange crates, shop lights and old computer monitors. :) The After Effects stuff was very creative. Even the story was sorta okay. But its pure cheese...definitely a B - C movie.

EDIT: This was Battle of Los Angeles. not Battlefield Earth

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Aww live rewatch and I don't have the DVD to join in

S

Stonelesscutter

Yongjin should set the time and date.
I'm ready for it, the movie's in.

Regarding the SG idea.
I say the team should find a team similar to their own on some far away planet, only they are from a whole other galaxy.
The problem is the gate they came through is broken so it only dials in and not out.
Meanwhile on the planet they're on things aren't looking too good.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yongjin should set the time and date.
I'm ready for it, the movie's in.

Regarding the SG idea.
I say the team should find a team similar to their own on some far away planet, only they are from a whole other galaxy.
The problem is the gate they came through is broken so it only dials in and not out.
Meanwhile on the planet they're on things aren't looking too good.

OK tomorrow 9pm EST. Extra points if you watch it on youtube in French :biggrin:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well I found it but thats alot of my allowance for a movie I remember fondly through the shades of youth.

S

Stonelesscutter

OK tomorrow 9pm EST. Extra points if you watch it on youtube in French :biggrin:

That's the New York timezone right?
So 9PM EST would be 3AM for me in Holland, 2AM for Tropicana in the UK (if he wants to participate), 11AM in eastern Australia.
It could probably work for me coz I'm usually up late but I'm not swearing I will be able to.
Does it work for everyone else?

G

Graybrew1

That's the New York timezone right?
So 9PM EST would be 3AM for me in Holland, 2AM for Tropicana in the UK (if he wants to participate), 11AM in eastern Australia.
It could probably work for me coz I'm usually up late but I'm not swearing I will be able to.
Does it work for everyone else?

can we negotiate that at all yongjin like maybe a 6 pm start EST, to make it better for our fellow scifi fans out of the country?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
can we negotiate that at all yongjin like maybe a 6 pm start EST, to make it better for our fellow scifi fans out of the country?

It's gonna suck for someone, no matter what time you pick, sad part about a multinational community

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

since your'e the one with the experience, I defer to you raven haired goddess :icon_e_wink: