Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
you KNOW the old shows were good when they still inspire great memes :)

1657076163569.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Giant Freaking Robot has been posting a lot of news lately. Today I saw announced that there are two new Star Trek shows in development. One of them will probably be the long awaited show featuring Giorgiou. I may have spelled that wrong.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Today was officially my last work day. As per Monday, I'll be redundant.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
what WAS your job? and what will you do now?

male model?

salesman for getaway cabins on Svalbard?

:)
Customer service and tech support. I'll be moving into another customer service role within the same company in September.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
A long time friend just had a newborn baby boy! Congrats to Mr and Mrs Jetson on the birth of the son, George! Born July 31st, 2022!!
1659592970532.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not bad actually. Work is still intensely busy but I did go to Western PA for a week of playing boardgames at the end of July - a welcome diversion in averting burnout. I also lost my BFF of over 40 years at the end of June and had to run to Indiana on an impromptu basis and speak at his funeral. It's been hard lacking that presence in my life but adjustment comes.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm sorry for your loss Joelist.

I got made redundant a few weeks ago. Will stay with the company on another project but have to wait until it starts. In the meantime, I'm working evening shifts sorting mail. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. After working at a desk for 8 years, this is kind of an eye opener for me. I guess somehow I got old.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes that is it!