Random Banter

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good for you! Where to?

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I just wanted to write that Star trek as in TNG, DS9 and other canon stuff is not technically utopian. The definition of Utopian is that everything is perfect and idealistic but I disagree, there are politics, corruption, death, and cruel acts of exploitation within starfleet and the other races and then there are the borgs as well.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just wanted to write that Star trek as in TNG, DS9 and other canon stuff is not technically utopian. The definition of Utopian is that everything is perfect and idealistic but I disagree, there are politics, corruption, death, and cruel acts of exploitation within starfleet and the other races and then there are the borgs as well.
we have a thread around here somewhere gathering dust.... :)

titled something like "Star Trek Planet" or "Politics of ST "

i remember a debate about how to maintain the ST planet there would need to be a STRONG control over desires for personal freedoms autonomous of StarFleet view/ control

that Earth, given the nature of humans, no matter HOW shell shocked they may be by WW3 and other miseries- would need to be controlled by a 'gentle dictatorship' that damn well better ensure a flow of goods and services to ensure a appearance of Utopia to squelch dissent

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
:) :)

1651895490693.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hooray, it's my birthday, and I'm sick. And so is my wife.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I Know.. i meant, regular sick or covid sick?
Well, it's like the flu, so it must be covid. Not quite the same as my previous experiences with the flu. First day, I had a sore throat. Second day, throat plus chest plus head, with a fever. Third day, throat no longer feeling like an issue, fever still coming up now and then but not as bad as between the second and third day. Since then, basically it's just my lungs which still feel impacted. There's a tingly sensation in the chest when breathing and it's harder to breathe. That has been the case since day two and it doesn't appear to be getting any better. Sore throat started on Monday the 20th. The fact that the fever came and went so quickly, combined with the fact that the respiratory problem is not letting up, is what is different from the past experiences.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, it's like the flu, so it must be covid. Not quite the same as my previous experiences with the flu. First day, I had a sore throat. Second day, throat plus chest plus head, with a fever. Third day, throat no longer feeling like an issue, fever still coming up now and then but not as bad as between the second and third day. Since then, basically it's just my lungs which still feel impacted. There's a tingly sensation in the chest when breathing and it's harder to breathe. That has been the case since day two and it doesn't appear to be getting any better. Sore throat started on Monday the 20th. The fact that the fever came and went so quickly, combined with the fact that the respiratory problem is not letting up, is what is different from the past experiences.
did you get tested?