Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Got the Apple roku 'channel'.

i got a new ROKU TV. the reason i couldn't get apple on my old one was because it was such an old version, it was no longer accepting updts pushed down by ROKU, many new channels need whatever has been in these new udpts/ new software versions, etc <whatever they are called>

the old tv was a tcl i bought in 2014- the first yr TCL made them.. so yeah, i guess it was old

anyhow!!

been watching TED LASSO .... a 'nice' simple basic entertaining comedy. made, imo, with all the excellence of British dramas

nice diversionary watch

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Recently I "discovered" a show called "8 out of 10 cats does countdown". It is like the old Countdown show except that it doesn't take itself seriously anymore. One of the main panelists was Sean Lock, may god rest his soul. He died a few weeks ago. Now I keep running into videos of him and am finding much enjoyment from them. He was an amazing person, so he was. Always good craic when he was about. Saw him in the show QI a couple of times before I think. Apparently he was a well-known comedian.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Recently I "discovered" a show called "8 out of 10 cats does countdown". It is like the old Countdown show except that it doesn't take itself seriously anymore. One of the main panelists was Sean Lock, may god rest his soul. He died a few weeks ago. Now I keep running into videos of him and am finding much enjoyment from them. He was an amazing person, so he was. Always good craic when he was about. Saw him in the show QI a couple of times before I think. Apparently he was a well-known comedian.
a specific network show or on a streamer?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
a specific network show or on a streamer?
It's on Channel 4. They have an app. All I had to do is register an account (free) and I can cast it from my phone to my (Chromecast) TV.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's on Channel 4. They have an app. All I had to do is register an account (free) and I can cast it from my phone to my (Chromecast) TV.
then its probably available on 1 of the 4 british (aus/nz/canadian/welsh/irish) roku channels i have

the sun never sets on the Queen's streaming empire :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
then its probably available on 1 of the 4 british (aus/nz/canadian/welsh/irish) roku channels i have

the sun never sets on the Queen's streaming empire :)
yup.. just checked, its on britbox

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
interesting- is it a multi pronged attack or something else?

whistleblower interview last night

today stock is plunging
down almost 6% by 12:30 est

and the site has gone dark as of around 12 noon est ..... poor Marky Z

1633366518836.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Facebook app is still operational though. Strange.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The Facebook app is still operational though. Strange.
guess its affecting whatsapp and instagram as well- their companies of course

wonder if itsan outside job or some stunt -a self inflicting injury by Mr Z to --idk- whatever over his whistleblower anger?

if its outside job,, man, did they smash them hard hey?

i mean, they are still down.. its 5:40pm est and just get this now, not even "we're working on it" like before:

1633383583515.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Unfortunately it is back online.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
One can now purchase your very own hand held RAIL GUN!

For only $3000!

Don't stop watching at the first demo.. thats low power. high power looks like it could be lethal although they are not supposed to be

they kind of remind me of the Rayline tracer guns we had as kids, anyone remember those?

1634098931927.png