Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
bridges.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I'm confused (big surprise). Do we have a prediction list for last night's episode The Reaping? Is that what Backstep's number was for? :daniel_new004:

If so, here ya go!
---------------------------------------------------
Backstep: 1.20
ShavedApe: 1.01

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, here's some stuff that really grinds my gears about this show. Spoiler-ized in case people haven't seen the episode yet.

They killed off "Daniel", which was dumb because now I have no reason to keep watching the show. (I'm generally not into bigger guys like Meewun Fairbrother but I would have made an exception for him. ;) )

476359.1.jpg

They also killed off this chick early on even though she was more interesting and likable than the rest of the cast:

Helix-08.jpg

So next week is the season finale and at this rate I doubt I'll be willing to give this show anymore of my time. They're really screwing up what could have been a damn good premise.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, here's some stuff that really grinds my gears about this show. Spoiler-ized in case people haven't seen the episode yet.

They killed off "Daniel", which was dumb because now I have no reason to keep watching the show. (I'm generally not into bigger guys like Meewun Fairbrother but I would have made an exception for him. ;) )

476359.1.jpg

They also killed off this chick early on even though she was more interesting and likable than the rest of the cast:

Helix-08.jpg

So next week is the season finale and at this rate I doubt I'll be willing to give this show anymore of my time. They're really screwing up what could have been a damn good premise.

But he is still in the show as the twin brother.:) I hated that they killed off the lesbian doctor, but then they threw me off by bringing in Jeri as Constance. Then, they killed her off too!

I havent seen last night's episode yet, but I have downloaded it. :) I gotta see how this all went down. The info in your spoiler shocks me!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I'm confused (big surprise). Do we have a prediction list for last night's episode The Reaping? Is that what Backstep's number was for? :daniel_new004:

If so, here ya go!
---------------------------------------------------
The Reaping

Overmind One: 1.30

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

476359.1.jpg

Helix-08.jpg

:facepalm:

This episode had lots of twists and turns, but the Daniel thing and that little shit "The Scythe" is gimmicky and cartoonish. The whole tone of this is shifting from "virus" to eugenics, and the implications therein. With our 26-year-old babe Ph.D now an immortal, we have Julia and her sitting around brushing each others hair and chit chatting about immortality and how everyone will die around them and such. I dont think they are going to be able to milk this thing for more than a season. Unless this got a two year deal because of it being Ronald Moore. The Wiki on this says the show will only run 13 episodes. I hope this is the case.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:facepalm:

This episode had lots of twists and turns, but the Daniel thing and that little shit "The Scythe" is gimmicky and cartoonish. The whole tone of this is shifting from "virus" to eugenics, and the implications therein. With our 26-year-old babe Ph.D now an immortal, we have Julia and her sitting around brushing each others hair and chit chatting about immortality and how everyone will die around them and such. I dont think they are going to be able to milk this thing for more than a season. Unless this got a two year deal because of it being Ronald Moore. The Wiki on this says the show will only run 13 episodes. I hope this is the case.

I thought they said on the promo that next weeks episode is the "season" finale, but I could be wrong. I'll have to pay more attention when it comes on again to see if it says "series" finale.

And yeah, I've been thinking that this show started out as a virus/zombie thriller and is now something entirely different. Even the lead "zombie" is a nothing character now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I thought they said on the promo that next weeks episode is the "season" finale, but I could be wrong. I'll have to pay more attention when it comes on again to see if it says "series" finale.

And yeah, I've been thinking that this show started out as a virus/zombie thriller and is now something entirely different. Even the lead "zombie" is a nothing character now.

Peter made a GREAT zombie/vector. Now, he is just Peter. Speaking of whom, why did they cast Billy Campbell and Neil Napier as brothers? They look NOTHING alike. Billy Campbell is tall and relatively skinny, and Neil Napier is short and athletically built. They look like the Odd Couple. I think they are going to kill Peter off at some point, unless they can reinfect him and make him cool again. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Helix 1.12 The Reaping

Jim of WVa: 1.25
GF 76 : 1.14

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Helix 1.12 The Reaping

GF 76 : 1.14

Actual rating: 1.237 / 0.4
Another win for Jim, Congrats dude.

Better get working on that triple ball OM. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
8E7Vk.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Helix 1.12 The Reaping

This is just too strange...all those Crystal balls = PSYCHIC. :moneybag:

If you wouldnt mind, old buddy old pal...could you just pick 7 "random ;)" numbers from 1 to 47 and post them to me in a PM? I was thinking some sort of regular arrangement.....:confused0006:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan