Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Me too, I guess we are not a minority here :P

We're but three. I'd say we're a minority. Perhaps we should compile a report to confirm the minority we are. We'll . :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are there predictions for tonight's episode?

Episode 11, "Black Rain", airs March 14 2014

Overmind One: 1.0

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Episode 11, "Black Rain", airs March 14 2014

GF'76: 1.15

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hey, I know Im in the Minority of men in this. :) But I occasionally get ribbed for not watching or wanting to watch (in favor of doing something else). For me, it isnt the game so much as the experience. Beer and greasy snacks make me feel heavy and nauseous. There is a lot of farting and belching, and spilling things. :) I will occasionally watch a soccer game but it wont be the center of my attention when it's on.
I'm also in that minority.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Me too, I guess we are not a minority here :P

roflbot (3).jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I have seen tropi back on the board lately, you are no longer the only token gay guy. :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Joelist: 1.07575

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have seen tropi back on the board lately, you are no longer the only token gay guy. :D

He, too, requests you turn in your man cards. (He told me as much at the secret monthly meeting us folks have. ;) )
--- merged: Mar 15, 2014 at 7:36 AM ---
Episode 11, "Black Rain", March 14, 2014
Jim of WVa: 1.25
ShavedApe: 1.01

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, last nights episode, Black Rain, was so so. I was a bit put off by the sudden resolution of one aspect of the show (although that's not completely resolved). What I found contrived and annoying was the Father/Son thing they kept going for. It was awkward and maudlin and unbelievable and didn't fit the faster tone of the episode. And could Billy Campbell be more boring as an actor?

At any rate, I hope they give us some satisfaction when the season ends. I won't hold my breath as we all know they'll do a lame cliffhanger, but a girl can hope.

B

Backstep

Backstep - 0.99

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, last nights episode, Black Rain, was so so. I was a bit put off by the sudden resolution of one aspect of the show (although that's not completely resolved). What I found contrived and annoying was the Father/Son thing they kept going for. It was awkward and maudlin and unbelievable and didn't fit the faster tone of the episode. And could Billy Campbell be more boring as an actor?

At any rate, I hope they give us some satisfaction when the season ends. I won't hold my breath as we all know they'll do a lame cliffhanger, but a girl can hope.

OMG you hit the nail on the head with that bolded comment. WHY did they cast him as lead male in this show? He always looks like Daddy lecturing his (small) children. He raises his eyebrows when he speaks, giving him a fatherly demeanor that does not work in this show because there are no children. He comes off like the Block Club president more than any bigwhig in the CDC. Just the little bit we have seen of his brother Peter shows that the actor playing Peter has a far greater range and is playing his part better than many of the main cast.

billydaddy.jpg

And WHY didnt Campbell go with this look for the show instead of that drawn, scruffy look he is using now?

77BF56A14229638E446B3568C2C5E.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Billy Campbell would have been a better actor choice for Rick Grimes than Andrew Lincoln in The Walking Dead. He is perfect for a high school principal, a single father, an elementary school teacher, a male nurse, the good cop of a good cop/bad cop team, etc. But the lead? Nah.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From above:

He, too, requests you turn in your man cards. (He told me as much at the secret monthly meeting us folks have. ;) )
--- merged: Mar 15, 2014 2:36 PM ---

According to that prediction, yours (GF76) of 1.8 is closest to the 1.8 for the episode. :) Am I mistaken?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What I mean is this is the first time I have made a prediction for Helix, but yes I believe it is the closest.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
roflbot.jpg