Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well if you're referring to that playground game of kickball that you folks do down under then it's safe to say you haven't looked at football to begin with. :P
Oh, go hide behind your armour
Or your coach
Or your "I'm not a offensive playa"
Your sports only require a person to play half the game, and they STILL have to thank god to be good at it!! :lol:

B

Backstep

Or your coach
Your sports only require a person to play half the game, and they STILL have to thank god to be good at it!! :lol:

Tebow doesn't play any more :anim_19:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Or your coach

roflbot (2).jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Awww, hide behind that padding you pussy. And here I was confused thinking you were a gay MAN. :D :lol:

Padding is necessary in a genuine contact sport. :ronnon_whistling:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
LOL!!!!
perfect, except for the Fosters shit.
Geez, they really have done a number on you guys about that swill haven't they??

Kind of like the number that's been done on you guys regarding what constitutes real, manly sports. ;) :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
You guys must be so happy to have so many balls around you now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Padding is necessary in a genuine contact sport. :ronnon_whistling:

Kind of like the number that's been done on you guys regarding what constitutes real, manly sports. ;) :P

Dont get me started here....:anim_59:

PLAYING sports, doing physical activity = MANLY

WATCHING sports and memorizing stats and game scores = SOMETHING ELSE

I don't watch spectator sports, and I proudly state this around some of my "manly" buddies who crowd around their TV sets to watch sports and they try to diss me. But when I asked them the last time they ever actually PLAYED basketball or football or any sport, then all I hear is crunching of Cheetos and noshing of nachos. :icon_cool: I got nothing against guys who watch sports...most do. But dont even try and claim that it means anything more special than watching any other show. And why wear jerseys and team uniforms during the game? How is it different from women who dress in wedding gowns or bridesmaids outfits when watching a soap wedding?

I still play soccer at 54 years of age!

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Dont get me started here....:anim_59:

PLAYING sports, doing physical activity = MANLY

WATCHING sports and memorizing stats and game scores = SOMETHING ELSE

I don't watch spectator sports, and I proudly state this around some of my "manly" buddies who crowd around their TV sets to watch sports and they try to diss me. But when I asked them the last time they ever actually PLAYED basketball or football or any sport, then all I hear is crunching of Cheetos and noshing of nachos. :icon_cool: I got nothing against guys who watch sports...most do. But dont even try and claim that it means anything more special than watching any other show. And why wear jerseys and team uniforms during the game? How is it different from women who dress in wedding gowns or bridesmaids outfits when watching a soap wedding?

I still play soccer at 54 years of age!

I'm mostly joking about the lack of masculinity in Aussie sports (if one can call what they do down there "sport", but I digress :P ).

Also, I never take it too far with the jersey wearing stuff, but I do have some Green Bay Packers clothes. Everyone does up here. That's just the way it is. In fact, today I wore my long sleeve GB shirt. And all winter long I've worn a GB hat and I've got GB work gloves in the trunk of my car right now. (Also have some Brewers gloves in the car too) But I don't go out of my way to wear that stuff on game day or anything like that. I just wear it as necessary.

Still, it is fun to socialize and watch games with other people. Mostly just football games though. Baseball is kinda boring (although I do like the Brewers a lot even though they suck donkey balls at times). But gone are the days when you could go to the stadium and get shit faced for 9 innings and still have money in your wallet when you left. And sitting at home in Summer watching TV is boring so baseball doesn't get my attention like it used to.

And basketball and hockey don't count as they both suck, so they're irrelevant to the discussion at hand. ;)

As for you admitting that you still play "kick ball", well, I'll just pretend to have never read that. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm mostly joking about the lack of masculinity in Aussie sports (if one can call what they do down there "sport", but I digress :P ).

Also, I never take it too far with the jersey wearing stuff, but I do have some Green Bay Packers clothes. Everyone does up here. That's just the way it is. In fact, today I wore my long sleeve GB shirt. And all winter long I've worn a GB hat and I've got GB work gloves in the trunk of my car right now. (Also have some Brewers gloves in the car too) But I don't go out of my way to wear that stuff on game day or anything like that. I just wear it as necessary.

Still, it is fun to socialize and watch games with other people. Mostly just football games though. Baseball is kinda boring (although I do like the Brewers a lot even though they suck donkey balls at times). But gone are the days when you could go to the stadium and get shit faced for 9 innings and still have money in your wallet when you left. And sitting at home in Summer watching TV is boring so baseball doesn't get my attention like it used to.

And basketball and hockey don't count as they both suck, so they're irrelevant to the discussion at hand. ;)

As for you admitting that you still play "kick ball", well, I'll just pretend to have never read that. :P

Hey, I know Im in the Minority of men in this. :) But I occasionally get ribbed for not watching or wanting to watch (in favor of doing something else). For me, it isnt the game so much as the experience. Beer and greasy snacks make me feel heavy and nauseous. There is a lot of farting and belching, and spilling things. :) I will occasionally watch a soccer game but it wont be the center of my attention when it's on.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hey, I know Im in the Minority of men in this. :) But I occasionally get ribbed for not watching or wanting to watch (in favor of doing something else). For me, it isnt the game so much as the experience. Beer and greasy snacks make me feel heavy and nauseous. There is a lot of farting and belching, and spilling things. :) I will occasionally watch a soccer game but it wont be the center of my attention when it's on.

I'm also in that minority.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk