Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

B

Backstep

Because I didn't win the damn crystal ball again!!! :daniel01:

Your Hobbits have weak Kung Fu, should have payed the extra 1 million yen for the Elfin Ninja's. :disillusionment: :chuncky:

Then there is the carelessly tossed jugs of shoe cleaner placed on the path to the Helix ball of power. :winking0052:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Your Hobbits have weak Kung Fu, should have payed the extra 1 million yen for the Elfin Ninja's. :disillusionment: :chuncky:

Then there is the carelessly tossed jugs of shoe cleaner placed on the path to the Helix ball of power. :winking0052:

I no longer work with Hobbits. They were always too drunk to get any serious work done...therefore I ate them. That's right, I ate them! Don't judge me! It's a bad economy and if you've seen the price of chicken these days you would be less quick to rush to judgement here.

At any rate, I'm now working diligently with monkeys (flying ones at that) to take your balls from you. They'll also be taking the crystal ball awards if given half a chance. And FYI, my airborne simian friends will be able to fly right over your shoe cleaner trap. Those balls are as good as mine!!! BU-WAH-HA-HA!!! :tyrannosaurus:

roflbot (2).jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Helix 1.13 The End

Jim of WVa: 1.24
ShavedApe: 1.01 (I'm sticking with this one to the bitter end!)

B

Backstep

I no longer work with Hobbits. They were always too drunk to get any serious work done...therefore I ate them. That's right, I ate them! Don't judge me! It's a bad economy and if you've seen the price of chicken these days you would be less quick to rush to judgement here.

At any rate, I'm now working diligently with monkeys (flying ones at that) to take your balls from you. They'll also be taking the crystal ball awards if given half a chance. And FYI, my airborne simian friends will be able to fly right over your shoe cleaner trap. Those balls are as good as mine!!! BU-WAH-HA-HA!!! :tyrannosaurus:

View attachment 29701

Was that what was in the pan you left in the Gatefans break room? :smiley-015:

Uncle Joezeppi heard your using flying simians in your diabolical plan, and is coming out of retirement. Fifi has upgraded Joezeppi's organ grinders for the Red Ruby Laser Slippers, The RRLS defense network. My balls will never be yours to play with, that goes for the Helix balls of power too. :snowman: :playful:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Backstep

Helix 1.13 The End

Backstep - 1.2

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Was that what was in the pan you left in the Gatefans break room? :smiley-015:

Oh don't be worried. That dish was Hobbit-free. It was just some leftover Ewok stew. Nothing you haven't had a thousand times before. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Helix 1.13 The End

Backstep - 1.2
Overmind One - 1.29

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The season finale was quite an eye roll. I mean, the guy they killed off last week now has an identical twin brother? :rolleye0014:

And don't get me going about the rest of it. Major disappointment all around.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The season finale was quite an eye roll. I mean, the guy they killed off last week now has an identical twin brother? :rolleye0014:

He always had the identical twin brother. :) We met him several episodes ago. But he is not Daniel...(er, Mixah). His sister is in love with the military guy who killed our cool lesbian doctor earlier in the show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The most shocking thing about the finale is that they announced a second season.

To me that wasnt "shocking", since I figured they got two "seasons" because of it being Ronald Moore...but I consider a season to still be about 22-26 episodes. In the UK, "seasons" are only 6 episodes. What did sorta shock me was them actually blowing up the Arctic base and killing off most of the characters established there (as well as survivors). The twist with Peter, Julia's mother and especially Julia at the end. But this means we will not get anymore scenes at the base, and they they will all become boring locales in places around the world...probably chasing Ilaria around and the virus and such...and they want to come out with Season 2 in 2015? LOL! By then, who will give a shit?

This "cliffhanger" feels more like an intermission.
--- merged: Mar 29, 2014 at 3:29 AM ---

They killed them both, so whatever. :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
He always had the identical twin brother. :) We met him several episodes ago. But he is not Daniel...(er, Mixah). His sister is in love with the military guy who killed our cool lesbian doctor earlier in the show.

Yeah I knew there was a brother but they wear so much arctic clothing that I couldn't tell they were twins. The picture they showed of them as kids didn't look like twins to me. At any rate, the identical twin thing is really soapy.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To me that wasnt "shocking", since I figured they got two "seasons" because of it being Ronald Moore...but I consider a season to still be about 22-26 episodes. In the UK, "seasons" are only 6 episodes. What did sorta shock me was them actually blowing up the Arctic base and killing off most of the characters established there (as well as survivors). The twist with Peter, Julia's mother and especially Julia at the end. But this means we will not get anymore scenes at the base, and they they will all become boring locales in places around the world...probably chasing Ilaria around and the virus and such...and they want to come out with Season 2 in 2015? LOL! By then, who will give a shit?

This "cliffhanger" feels more like an intermission.
--- merged: Mar 29, 2014 at 3:29 AM ---

They killed them both, so whatever. :(

I don't think everyone died in the blast. I suspect "alt-Daniel" is still alive and so is the sister. I mean, why have him come back from the dead so to speak just to kill him off a few minutes later?

Ultimately this season finale was unsatisfying. The whole "zombie" gimmick just got flushed away and forgotten. They didn't tie up any story lines really and nothing got resolved. I'm wondering why I wasted my time watching it now because I've gotten no satisfaction with it. And I'm hardly sitting on pins and needles until 2015 just to have my chain yanked again. :anim_59:

ETA: And I'm still pissed that they killed off the lesbian doctor. She was the only character that seemed fairly smart and realistic about the situation. As it is I suspect that Moore was writing this show as he went along. There are too many weird plot holes and character changes going on. Like with the secret agent that killed the doc. It was pointless to kill her off and it only seemed to be for shock value, then this evil guy suddenly turns good and wants to save everyone. And then there's the dropping of the zombie story line. They used that to hook people into the show but then it turns into some weird hospital soap opera. :rolleyes:

So, yeah, once again Moore is making it up as he goes along. I strongly suspect he had the first couple of episodes written, which he used as a sales pitch to SyFy/MGM/Whoever, but then they went into production and had to scramble to come up with more material. That's certainly how it looks to me.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, Defiance is coming back soon. :) We need some sort of new contest with The Walking Dead, huh?

I swear I was just thinking tonight that The Walking Dead is so bad I'm actually looking forward to DEFIANCE. :icon_lol: