Anything goes 1

Tropicana

Council Member
Watching the news where they talked about the town where the next Winter Olympics are to be held. In the concept arts, seems they are going to have a huge circular structure in the centre, something that resembles a Stargate. Also big day for the town of Wootton Basset, the Queen has granted the town a title of Royal to be affixed to their name (becoming Royal Wootton Basset) due to their dedication of receiving the war dead as they passed through the town from a nearby RAF base. When a war dead comes along the town, the towns people will stop what they are doing, line the streets and pay their respects. That's dedication.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Watching the news where they talked about the town where the next Winter Olympics are to be held. In the concept arts, seems they are going to have a huge circular structure in the centre, something that resembles a Stargate. Also big day for the town of Wootton Basset, the Queen has granted the town a title of Royal to be affixed to their name (becoming Royal Wootton Basset) due to their dedication of receiving the war dead as they passed through the town from a nearby RAF base. When a war dead comes along the town, the towns people will stop what they are doing, line the streets and pay their respects. That's dedication.

You Brits get so posh with stuff...LOVE IT! Strangely, I find the Winter Olympics more interesting than the Summer ones.

S

Stonelesscutter

Did anyone happen to catch who won the baseball world championship?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Correction, the World Series is tied at 1-1. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

What is it with you people?? Don't you know what the words World Championship mean?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
What is it with you people?? Don't you know what the words World Championship mean?

There is baseball that is relevant beyond the World Series? I simply did not know that. :D

Red Mage

Boney
Did anyone happen to catch who won the baseball world championship?

I assume you mean the baseball world cup. The MLB "World" Series is still underway and the World Baseball Classic isn't going to be held again until 2013. The Netherlands I think won this Baseball World Cup. The international compeitions are silly because by far the majority of the talented players from the MLB don't partake in either contest while Japan and Korea will go out of their way to field the best teams possible. I looked at the US roster for the world cup and I don't recognize a single name on the team. Most of them are likely career minor league and indepedent league players.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Brewers choked so I don't give a damn anymore.

G

Graybrew1

Oops, my bad.Phillies went out quick too, I feel your pain Shaved.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Why is it that everytime I reload the main page or jump to another section/thread of the forum, I little box pops up which says that I have chosen to download a text file named Hyundai Solaris? I would never do that since I hate Hyundai cars with a passion. They're awful. So.... what's going on here guys?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Seriously? No one else is having this problem? All the other sites I'm browsing are working just fine, it's only this one where that damn box pops up.

S

Stonelesscutter

Seriously? No one else is having this problem? All the other sites I'm browsing are working just fine, it's only this one where that damn box pops up.

I'm not experiencing this. Though I have to add that I have the Adblock Plus plugin running in Firefox and that I never get any ads or whatsoever. I can recommend it to all Firefox users.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm not experiencing this. Though I have to add that I have the Adblock Plus plugin running in Firefox and that I never get any ads or whatsoever. I can recommend it to all Firefox users.

D'oh! I forgot that since I got a new computer I no longer have Adblock Plus. I'll get right on it! :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
You may have some adware on your computer then. Try a scan of your system.

That could be it, but then again, why is it just happening on this site? First I thought that it could've been v-bulletin related, but I've had no problems with Gateworld or Alternatehistory.net (though the latter uses an older version of the software). I'm just not sure what is going on.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just know now that I'm actually looking to purchase a stainless steel food mill I won't use it now that I've processed my Autumnal windfall already. :(

S

Stonelesscutter

Boy it's sure quiet around here right now. I bet everyone's deeply engrossed in the double Terra Nova season ender.